It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Really Free If You Can't Question Your President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Before I get into this, I have to state that I couldn't care less about Conservative, Liberal, Republican etc. It's all the same to me and doesn't make a difference who is in control, the lies are always there...just some more than others and wrapped in different angles.

I don't think we should vote for Parties, but rather people. That being said...

The US, Self Proclaimed as the Cradle of Freedom, is under attack from within and the people are slowly starting to realize it. Without going into too much detail and at the risk of repeating many threads on a variety of subjects relating to this, I have to pose the question:

How is America free when there is no chance in hell of getting rid of a President that has and continues to lie, murder and steal from the American People and across the World? What is going on in the US and why is it that the only time a President goes on trial is when he is involved in a sex scandal?

I sat back for the last few days and read thread after thread regarding Obama's complete disregard for the Constitution, the anger of so many asking for and not receiving answers to the OBL scandal and people seething at being considered stupid enough that they should just accept the official story and move on.

I have read so many threads on the lies told by Obama, backed by proof. I have seen so many videos actually proving he doesn't even try to hide the lies:

(I know many have seen this, but not all. It just helps a little in making my point. 7 lies in 2 minutes...and that was only the beginning!)

I cannot profess to be an expert on American Politics but I am an advocate of freedom and the rights of the people to question their leaders.

I just don't understand how a President can look down on the population, tell nothing but lies and get away with it...in the Land of the Free!

I see people asking questions, demanding answers and some actually weeping for what their Country has become. But I also see nothing being done to right the wrongs.

What will it take before it has gone too far? How many soldiers have to die in illegal wars? How many people have to lose their homes, go without a meal, stand in unemployment and food lines? Only to be told that it isn't as bad as what the citizens think it is?

How many more taxes will be created to rob you? How many more pat downs, illegal searches, police actions in the streets, military actions in your towns, before it's enough?

How many more times will your money be used to line the pockets of the rich, fund invasions of other Nations, kill innocents overseas?

Why is it that a Nation with so many people disheartened and lost at the hands of a President seems so powerless to do anything to correct the situation? I have heard so many say "Wait until the next election, then we'll vote him out!"

Does America have to wait? Is a 4 yr term set in stone? It wasn't for Clinton, so why does it seem that way now?

I don't understand the situation and hope some will weigh in and shed some light on this question:

If America is so free, why can't you put a President on trial for War Crimes? I can't count how many sites, threads, articles and videos I have seen calling for the Bush Trials to begin. Will this be the same after Obama?

I have always been under the impression that it is the right of the American People to hold their President accountable for his actions.

Why can't you say,

"Mr. President...You lied! Get out!"

Thanks.

Link to 2,050 Lies brought to you by Obama. Interesting to say the least:

conservativeamerican.org...

Team Obama: Empty Suits & Empty Promises List:

conservativeamerican.org...

edit on 4-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Are you really free if you have to pay a "worker's tax"?
Income tax
property tax
pay for roads to be made
pay to drive on roads (toll roads)
pay pay pay pay pay to be "FREE"

RIGHT
We are all free, in our minds

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
did you send this from your cell on your mobile device ?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I know I am not free. But I am reasonably cheap.

Kidding aside, I have known for a large part of my 71 years of life that freedom in this country is only what the PTB want you to have. Elections based on campaign promises are a laugh. Besides; most elections are not about ability to do the job but rather they are beauty or popularity contests.
edit on 4-5-2011 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not for nuthin' There is a website you can voice your copmplaints directly to the White House and every branch of it. It is read by more people in a position to do something about it than posting here.

I don't think you can impeach the President for lying unless it is sworn testimony in front of a judge and he perjures himself. I have a feeling this President is too smart to let that happen although I cannot say as much for the last two.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by jude11

Not for nuthin' There is a website you can voice your copmplaints directly to the White House and every branch of it. It is read by more people in a position to do something about it than posting here.

I don't think you can impeach the President for lying unless it is sworn testimony in front of a judge and he perjures himself. I have a feeling this President is too smart to let that happen although I cannot say as much for the last two.

I guess that I am of the belief that even the President is not immune to prosecution in a US Court of law.

If a person can be charged, tried and convicted without committing perjury, just facts, isn't the President bound to the same? I mean after all, he claims to be a citizen.

What about Bush? He may never be found guilty but many have called for him to stand trial for War Crimes. He is no longer a President...just a citizen.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
S & F OP. You pretty much summed up the state of affairs in our once freer country. Being lied to constantly is "crazy-making" behavior and infuriating.

Some people will never catch on either because they can't of don't want to, some people are catching on because it is starting to impact their pocketbooks and sensitivities.

I think we all have BS detectors, some are more sensitive than others, but they are starting to go off in increasing numbers and with increasing frequency.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
S & F OP. You pretty much summed up the state of affairs in our once freer country. Being lied to constantly is "crazy-making" behavior and infuriating.

Some people will never catch on either because they can't of don't want to, some people are catching on because it is starting to impact their pocketbooks and sensitivities.

I think we all have BS detectors, some are more sensitive than others, but they are starting to go off in increasing numbers and with increasing frequency.

Trouble is we should have caught it when it was starting and not try to blame years of abuse, mismanagement and neglect by "the game owners" on "the last one to handle the ball."

That is naive. These power structures are years maybe hundreds of years in the making.
Like people say, the President is largely a figurehead with limited ability on his own.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Agreed. But, everyone has to start somewhere. There's a certain amount of "culture shock" involved in begining to realize that things aren't as they seem nor as has long been accepted/relied upon.

Humans need to feel safe and secure - competent with regards to the reality of their environment. People are more likely to accept information as true when it conforms to what they want to believe (ie increases their sense of safety).

Once there's a foot in the proverbial door of truth then it's a process of opening it wider as an individual is capable at that particular moment.

edit on 4-5-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
reply to post by newcovenant

Agreed. But, everyone has to start somewhere. There's a certain amount of "culture shock" involved in begining to realize that things aren't as they seem nor as has long been accepted/relied upon.

Humans need to feel safe and secure - competent with regards to the reality of their environment. People are more likely to accept information as true when it conforms to what they want to believe (ie increases their sense of safety).

Once there's a foot in the proverbial door of truth then it's a process of opening it wider as an individual is capable at that particular moment.

edit on 4-5-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

I believe that as humans and citizens we have evolved to a point of questioning more than ever.

In our recent past, we were told to not question authority and to trust everything we are told by those in power. With the easy flow of info, we can check and double-check the job being done for us by those in power.

With so much more information available at the touch of a button, we are now waking up and for those that are slower to see, friends,families and neighbors are aiding in the flow of that information.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why not question the President about this? This is a conspiracy right under your nose and it directly affects each one of us ($4 gal gas) not to mention the bottom line on our budget deficit.

Where is the justified outrage when the cause is legit and you can actually DO something about it? You can make the GOP accountable and recognize they are in the pocket of big oil and they will act as one because they ARE one. They are killing us and not this President. Presidents after all come and go. This enemy will always be here as long as you allow the to GOP stand and defend them!!!
I know, you think I am making this stuff up.

GOP House Chooses Big Oil Over Granny www.truth-out.org...

The Repubs "saved" money by essentially killing Medicare and drastically slashing Medicaid, Head Start, EPA, food stamps, and dozens of other popular and effective programs that Americans overwhelmingly support.

Having taken their blunt budget ax to these programs that support our nation's notion of the common good, GOP leaders then scampered to save one of the least popular and least effective federal programs on the books: the annual taxpayer subsidy for Big Oil.

As gasoline prices were rising toward $4 a gallon and higher,

House Republicans voted unanimously to let the oil giants continue siphoning $4 billion a year out of our public treasury.

All 241 of the Republican House members --

with not even one dissenter in the bunch --

declared that in this time of a supposed budget "crisis,"

the neediest among us

are not the elderly and the poor,

but the little waifs of Big Oil.

I'd like to know how the President lets the GOP get away with stuff like this in such tough economic times? And yes I am going to take my own advice and write a letter. Maybe you should too.

edit on 5-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

join