It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper Computer in action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was doing my daily peek at Physorg.com and came across an article showing flexible computers being used. I thought it was quite interesting and something I thought others should know about.

"This computer looks, feels and operates like a small sheet of interactive paper. You interact with it by bending it into a cell phone, flipping the corner to turn pages, or writing on it with a pen."

Being able to store and interact with documents on larger versions of these light, flexible computers means offices will no longer require paper or printers.

Source

There's also two videos showing the prototypes in action on the link above.

So what are your thoughts on this? Do you think these paper-thin computers will be an everyday item in the next decade?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just don't mistake it for toilet paper!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow just wow!

I've been following e paper for years and have been excited the whole time. This is awesome!.... and I think the kindle and some other things have made some of these devices more likely to come to market finally.

We've had the technical ability for a long time to do much of this stuff but the will to market it has been lacking.

Now with consumer super saturation in traditional fields big businesses are finally showing some willingness to take risks by introducing new products that don't fit an already established market profile.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihsahn

Dude your avatar is hilarious!

Dos Equis meets Osama...I mean Obama...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StarformNJ

or rolling papers. the most expensive blunt ever

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I love this. Where can I get mine? Technology rocks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
After watching the videos, its an interesting idea.
But did you notice that although the display is flexible, the hardware that it is attached to certainly isnt.
In the first video, the hardware is off screen and attached by the black cable.
In the second video, the hardware may be the stuff in the background.

So... of what use is the flexible display?
If anything, its going to have to be like a book, where when you open it up one side/page is the solid hardware, and the other side is the flexible display. But that kind of defeats the whole point.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StarformNJ

That'd be awesome if they made interactive toilet paper. I bet Steve Jobs would call it the Iwhipe or the Ishat.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
interesting very cool stuff! never heard of this befor

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Your reply gave me a much needed larf!

Let's hope they don't incorporate a webcam into it because Wii don't need to see the Ishat in action.......

Jokes aside, this is impressive technology!

top topics

join