It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of .....: Here is proof of.... Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
*Posted this in the wrong forum so here goes again*

I haven't been a member of ATS long. I enjoy this sight very much. It's enough to get the blood going in the morning and the paranoia notched up a level.

However, I am amazed at the number of threads that start with the lines ... "proof of." or "Here is proof of." especially in the 2012 and UFO forums. Upon reading most of these threads, it turns out to be some of the same rehashed theories that many people are putting forward across the net whether it's related to the 2012 doomsday scenario, or proof of alien autopsies etc.

I open the thread and it's a link or a massive copy and paste job from another site/blog and low and behold, it's "proof" of whatever it is related too.

I authored a thread which is linked in my signature about Binary star systems. I attempted to do a little leg work and question the facts and science and provide credible sources when presenting my opinion on the subject matter.

What I'm wondering is, if people are going to put "proof" in the thread title, would be so difficult for the thread author to do a little leg work and provide evidence/science/credible sources instead of taking what one person touts as gospel and "proof" for hard fact and credible science.

I know this is a bit of a rant but it boggles me that so many people are automatically believing everything they read.

"Deny ignorance. Question Everything - seek the proof to back it up!"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
However, I am amazed at the number of threads that start with the lines ... "proof of." or "Here is proof of." especially in

Its much the same with any thread thats starts "Its Official:..."
It isnt.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
you are right.. proof is in the pudding... if we were all eating pudding.. no ATS and nothing worth b..tching/investigating about

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank you for re-posting this topic.There is a lot out there that people have to ingest and unless they have been doing it for a long time a lot of information is new to them. They do not have all the information and what sounds like proof may have been debunked in the past. Yes it is important to research your information, trust me I had to learn the hard way myself. Although I have been following many topics found on this site since 1978, I made several mistakes in my posts that caused back lash, but hey we all learn. ATS is the greatest site on the web for little known information and conspiracies. It is also the greatest site on the web if you want to find the truth(or as close as possible) because people come in and tare a topic to shreds and put it back together with the most up to date and pertinent pieces of information in the name of puzzle building and finding truth. I would venture to say (IMO) ATS is one of the most hated sites on the web by Governments around the world because of this fact. The problem is, is that this isn't your run of the mill forum site. People take the posts very seriously and will set someone straight in a heart beat or less. You must have your information straight, be a good debater, and/or be willing to admit you were wrong. Newer people do not understand how things work and post. They will be set straight and a lot of people cant handle it and leave. This (I believe) is for the common good of the site as we are expected to "Know our stuff". Think of it this way, we don't take anything at face value and you will be chastised to push you to learn or leave. An initiation of sorts. Most of us do it politely as adults are supposed to act, but there comes a time when the frustration builds and that frustration is released. Be patient with them, correct them politely, and move on, it's simple.

Edit to say: Also remember sometimes proof is in the eyes of the beholder. Most proof is just someone else saying something is true backed by their reputation and sometimes this is even proven wrong.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

top topics

join