It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters: Time to question. Obama, I do not believe your claim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I posted this in the main no release thread, but I think this has to go out to my liberal friends on here...

Dear Mr. President,

I do not believe your claim that OBL is dead.
I am cautiously optimistic that he is dead, however, as you are aware, we have had presidents and intelligence lie to us many times before, be it the gulf of tonkin, clinton's denial of sexual relations with monica (not that it was our business), Truman stating hiroshima was chosen for its high military and low civilian value (opposite is true), Kennedy saying he intends no military intervention in cuba (bay of pigs), Reagen stating we made no trade for hostages to iran (except for all the military hardware, anti-tank weapons). and of course the absolute fact that WMDs are in Iraq.

No Mr. President, no citizen should have to simply accept any offical proclamation, no matter how welcomed, until some evidence has been presented. What precidence are you setting up where the citizens of the united states will simply take the word of a politician with no evidence to back up claims.

This is not some wacky conspiracy theory in the fringe your ignoring, this will become mainstream and every day you do not make evidence public is every day the people will lose both faith and respect in not just your office, not just the military establishment, but the entire political structure.

Release the pictures

We released Saddam's pictures, his children, yet not OBL.
There is no logic to this. I think its time we spread this message as a base message for the liberal movement. Would we have accepted anything GWB said? hell no. Will we accept some future neocon claims and statements without evidence? hell no.

I am now sitting back listening to -everyone- on the news from all channels saying its a good decision.

Keep in mind also that Obama stated he will do whatever it takes to prove this and squash conspiracy theories.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Good job with the info to back up your side... I couldn't agree more with what you said... I can't see why this is such a big deal, if you have pictures and he is dead, why not show everyone?? There are such things as censors that keep children from viewing the pictures if you don't want people to see something gruesome....

Mr. Obama you will never get away from us, we will keep talking birth certificate / Bin Laden / etc. until the end of the world or until you show us the actual evidence to support such claims you have our word here on ATS!!!!
edit on 5/4/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well said. Now, the question is do you have the courage to actually send this letter to our dear President? And, good for you for having a LONG memory about past lies, half-truths and sales pitches.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nice post SaturnFX but I must disagree with part of your post. There were WMD's found in Iraq. A lab building and weaponizing VX gas was found and destroyed. According to the United Nations VX gas is considered a WMD. Just an FYI, not trying to hijack a thread.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Yeah but we went in for yellow cake uranium, which Cheney found a source that said that.. A person nobody knew and never heard of before and only one person led us to that invasion...So whether VX gas is considered WMD or not, that isn't the reason we went there and just lucked out finding it, if indeed we actually "did" find it....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishywashy

Well said. Now, the question is do you have the courage to actually send this letter to our dear President? And, good for you for having a LONG memory about past lies, half-truths and sales pitches.

Letter to the president? surely you jest

But I am tweeting to journalists as to why we should never question government...trying to see if any of them will explain to me why journalism should never question offical stories.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Do you have a source for this? I haven't heard that there were any WMD's found in Iraq.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i do not believe obamas claim either.

dear mr president, PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

thank you for your time and i hope you loose in 2012.

sincerely,

an american tired of your lies.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But I am tweeting to journalists as to why we should never question government...trying to see if any of them will explain to me why journalism should never question offical stories.

I do not jest. This is quite serious. Can you honestly believe that "tweeting to journalists" will accomplish anything? Sometimes in life, my friend, it is important to ask direct questions to those who are in a position to answer them. You may be ignored, or get a phoney-baloney answer, or even get put on a special "list" but at least you can say that you tried to get a straight answer from the one person who can give it to you.

You wrote a very nice letter. Please give some serious though to cleaning it up, tripple-checking your facts, citing reputable sources, and delivering it to it's intended audience.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Yeah but we went in for yellow cake uranium, which Cheney found a source that said that.. A person nobody knew and never heard of before and only one person led us to that invasion...

Still wrong, but I don't expect your hatred of the man to let you admit it:

www.factcheck.org...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I was really willing to believe it until the whole 'burial at sea' thing took place. It seems more like something a murderer would do to hide evidence than an official government action.

As you pointed out in your OP, presidents have made a pretty regular habit of lying to our faces. I think it's becoming painfully obvious that Osama bin Laden was killed in such a fashion so that there would be no chance for a trial, and thus no chance that he could clear his name for the 9/11 attacks. Regardless of whether or not you believe he did it, it is quite apparent that there is at least some kind of cover-up going on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishywashy

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I do not jest. This is quite serious. Can you honestly believe that "tweeting to journalists" will accomplish anything? Sometimes in life, my friend, it is important to ask direct questions to those who are in a position to answer them. You may be ignored, or get a phoney-baloney answer, or even get put on a special "list" but at least you can say that you tried to get a straight answer from the one person who can give it to you.

You wrote a very nice letter. Please give some serious though to cleaning it up, tripple-checking your facts, citing reputable sources, and delivering it to it's intended audience.

The president would simply ignore it...however, a journalist that wants to make a name may start asking some harder questions...
the letter to the potus simply wouldn't reach his office...not even his higher ups..it would be filtered out and deleted...but, contessa, wolf, maddow, etc...some of them may actually consider asking some slightly tougher questions.

sending a notice to the potus..heh..might as well send a notice to a brick wall. Gotta be realistic about what effect a person can have. I am not a spearman, so, give the info on the armor to those whom are at the front lines.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am concerned already about this thread
I am seeing people lumping birther, truther, all other issues in with this specific issue.

I know the disinfo tactic is to take a valid question and concern and pack it so full of crap that the entire subject is tossed out. I am not going to spend much time calling every threadjack nonsense post out overall...just stating my concern.

This thread is not about birther crap, nor truther crap..its not about reptiles, illuminati, or annunaki...this is about a sitting president withholding information that serves no real purpose. I have not heard -any- argument that makes even a little bit of sense towards this decision, yet the opposing conspiracy theories went from nonsense rejectionist and paranoia to very valid and concerning.

Anyhow, just felt I needed to put that out there.

I am done with politics for awhile...gonna stick with alien threads and subjects until my disillusionment goes down a bit. (aliens make alot more sense to me than politicians)

new topics

top topics

join