It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Strange Lights and Radar Images Seen Over Portland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
he mentions it could be chemtrails, if it is then its gotta be one of the biggest chemtrails ive ever seen, i absolutely doubt that is a missile, or the trail would lead all the way to its claimed origin (alaska) but it doesnt, and i also think it appears to slow to be a missile, plus at the end of the occurrence the trail elongates, indicating that the object was not traveling vertical at that point but more near horizontal. very unlike a missile,

btw i visit portland once a week and every single time i go up there i see the most chemtrails i have ever seen in all my research, maybe its like that for all major cities but, i am always amazed how many of them there are in portland, i always study them to see, and i find that it must be chem and not con, due to the way two planes can follow each other in altitude less then 5 minutes apart and one has huge chemtrails the other has nothing, if this were caused by only atmospheric conditions then the occurrence would not be specific to certain planes the way it is when i observe.

not to mention the other mountains of evidence compiled against the ridiculous contrail debunks, oregon university has even done their own research on it and been able to do lab test proving we are being sprayed with aluminum barium and other traces elements,

the evidence goes on as im sure those who arent blind here are already aware, research, its all on the web.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Savorrow

Sorry....it is that (crazy? Or, "crazy like a fox?") guy on YouTube, username "Dutchsinse", again!

What this guy does, basically (in this case, and in others posted in this thread, above) is take recorded radar anomalies.....just "noise" in the displays, that occur for various reason, every day....and weave a tale of "something"....total fabrication and imagination, on his part.

Either he is self-deluded enough to think this is "real"...and ignorant, to boot....OR....just wants his "15 minutes" of fame, in this case, via YouTube and the gullible masses who will flock to this sort of pseudo-science claptrap.

Any significant look into his many, and varied, "claims" and real science and experience tear them apart.

Again...he is either a willful, elaborate hoaxer or (like that "Von Helton" crackpot) he is a few slices short of a full loaf of bread......

In the OP video, it is just a line of weather cells, recorded on the weather radar and looped, for reference....to show their development. The "anomaly" happens for the same reason ALL radars have such transient interferences....it is just garbage in the datastream....and/or certain interference patterns that result form various locations' signals interacting together....."multipath reflections"....when waves build up, in concert, and form a "standing wave" appearance. These are temporary, and annoying....but regarded as simple technical glitches, seen all the time and dismissed by those experienced in radar function, and dislplay limitations.

www.its.bldrdoc.gov...

From the measured data and a supporting literature search, it was concluded that ducting and man–made clutter (building attenuation) should be included in the propagation loss predictions in order to improve the prediction accuracy of radar–to–radar interference and radar frequency assignments. Even though potential multipath wave interference conditions can be identified, to account for this analytically would require an extremely complex antenna and terrain model. Due to modeling inaccuracies, the difference between the predicted and actual radar–to–radar Interference–to–Noise Ratio (INR) levels may be as large as 22 dB (2s standard deviation region).

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
he mentions it could be chemtrails....

And, no.....there are NO such thing as "chem"-trails. THAT, alone, discredits him ("Dutchsinse").....ZERO credibility, on anything he spouts.....he is just another ignorant noise-maker, clamoring for attention.
edit on 4 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

UPDATE: OREGON RADAR STREAK AND UFO REPORT MOST LIKELY A CLANDESTINE MISSILE LAUNCH

www.groundzeromedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
video out of lapine oregon

www.youtube.com...

could this be it? that is one HUGE trail

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree,weedwacker.
If he would offer up any other possibilities or research backing up his theories other than showing us a
picture or vid saying yup,this is what it is, it's HAARP again,he might have some credibility.

And,yes I have seen plenty of his stuff to come to that conclusion.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I highly suggest everyone here read up on how a NEXRAD (Doppler radar) works and how conventional radar works. The images shown in some of the videos does have an anomalous appearance though and I am not trying to discount it.

Rather, taking someones word because they know how to navigate weather sites as proof of a fast moving object is hardly utilizing the tools needed to determine it was a spacecraft or anything else for that matter.

Take for instance, the NEXRAD operates in two modes: Clear Air and Precipitation Mode.

In Clear Air, the radar antenna is rotating at a slower rate giving more returns for a given elevation/azimuth it is scanning. This increased sensitivity is needed in this mode to pick up airborne dust and particulate.

Because of this mode, which the radar operates in a majority of the time, we typically see formation of cloud cover. Simply put, this anomaly could very well be the formation of clouds over a period of an hour. Further, the reflected energy lingers over that hour that the video shows, which if it were an aircraft, the NEXRAD would identify it as a "single point target" not returns of +/- DBz as shown in the video.

After 10+ years not only working and maintaining that radar but also working closely with the NWS, I am confident that this isn't something like a spacecraft reentry or the likes. That is though, my view on what I saw in the video. I implore everyone to make their own determination.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hmm so its a complete load of baloney then?
What is it then-some storm or what?
Must admit I was thought it was some kind of weather effect.
I even U2Ud Essan for his take on the matter.

Hmm.Interesting stuff WW.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well I appreciate all the input on this subject! There have been reports of a gigantic contrail over the skies of the Willamette Valley in Oregon today, Portland being the northern end of the Valley. So I do not think the Missile launch was to shoot anything out of the sky so it would crash slowly over the Pacific Northwest. However, I do believe we can expect to see the 'effects' of the Japan Nuclear Crisis on the Western Coast soon due to government artificial plantings such as this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh crap...its not another part of the weird ats game is it?
You know nithaiah and all that...

Damn silly game if you ask me,why muddy the water even more?
Root out the ones who see through it maybe?

Hmm,apologies if my theory is askew,but this is a game thread IMO.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You can see that anomaly in real time if you go here

www.intellicast.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Here is a article of a Nexrad radar expert explaining some of the anomalies
found on radars.

Pshaw, get out of here with your rational explanations!
jk .. good read, starred

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
thats the osama greys coming to retrive his body

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Reports of UFO’s and helicopters with search lights were reported to Ground Zero last
night. There were reported sightings of two bright lights in the sky, a streak recorded
on radar and a mainstream news report of chaff deployed over Portland. What did we
see?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
probably Osama's spirit heading to the white house to get revenge on Obama Bin Lying....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join