It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Strange Lights and Radar Images Seen Over Portland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: STRANGE LIGHTS AND RADAR IMAGES SEEN OVER PORTLAND

www.groundzeromedia.org

At approximately 11:20pm Ground Zero Radio started receiving reports of strange lights being seen streaking across the sky in Portland, and have been sent links to radar images which show a large control rapid form over the area. Please check out the images, links, and video. If you have more information or additional images or video please email us. This is a developing story so please check back often.

12:08am Update – We have just received a call from a military source that two missiles were launched from a base near Kodiak Alaska on a southern trajectory. More information coming soon�
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
edit on 4-5-2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thought I would post this as I was at a friends house when we witnessed some of this..... Not sure what it was but considering 2 missiles were launched in Alaska, and then this enters about washington and makes a straight shot over Oregon is interesting! (Hope this is not a repost, sorry if it is)

www.groundzeromedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Let's bring it in and have a look...

Interesting but I have no idea what to make of it. What I find intriguing is the length and duration of visibility of the energy.

edit on 4-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I appreciate the embed, I am new to the site and not entirely sure how to achieve this effect!!!! Again, much appreciated!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Savorrow

From the comments in your link it seems a few people have seen weird stuff in the area for a while.
Very odd indeed.

Could it be a weather phenomenon I wonder?
Damned weird one if it is..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savorrow
I appreciate the embed, I am new to the site and not entirely sure how to achieve this effect!!!! Again, much appreciated!

No problem...Glad to help.

Good find.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree this definitely sparks my interest. I'll give you a S and F just to see what else comes up. Keep us posted on what's going on out there. Thanks!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I cant tell from the video, Do any of the maps have a scale on them? If you can calculate the speed of your anomaly you'd have a better idea of what your dealing with.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am not familiar with the source, but if true, this could be big news!!

Missile trajectory from Alaska over the states would surely be defensive fire. S&F for you! Keep us updated...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe it's Al Qaeda attacking with intercontinental ballistic missile.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was thinking meteor,but its too slow for that.
Could it be the progression of a tornado?-that was my second thought.
Its intriguing.

The guy on the video,he's got some serious radar website knowlege,I'm off to look up a few sites he was on like "Intellicast" and "NEXRAD"and"unisys."

Looks worth a google.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is definitely interesting! Good find. Wonder if it has to do with the release of OBL death and the delay of the shuttle launch? Could it be that we are shooting down the ships of aliens who want to take on the 'deceivers' for the Human Race? (possibly a bit of a stretch, but I have wanted another war of the gods to end the tyranny brought on by the shapeshifters!)

Any way I will keep checking back thanks for the news link and the video link!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why would they be shooting missiles over Oregon. If flying that low, they could have hit planes, or civilians. Sounds a little fishy to me. I just hope were not heading for another war. S&F for you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Funny I read your post. I was watching a similar video about weather radar "ring" anomalies just this morning here:

Enjoy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They are worth a google!,great weather mapping:

www.nexrad3.com...

www.intellicast.com...

weather.unisys.com...

I am going with my Tornado idea at the moment.
But without any real evidence,just a hunch and the speed looks similar I think.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The website made the claim that local news stations were reporting on this. I haven't uncovered anything to support that.

Ok, now I know I'm going to loose all credibility here, but I can't help myself.

edit on 4-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

I think its moving too slow for a missile friend,but I could be wrong.
It flashes across part of the midwest USA in 1 hour according to the narrator in the clip.

I think our fellow ATS member named Essan may be able to get to the bottom of this one,for Essan is very knowledgable in the meteorological.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll be paying attention to this one. Thanks for the heads up (literally)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What? Alaska is attacking Oregon? That's awful!

And not what I was expecting to start the civil unrest movement...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here is a article of a Nexrad radar expert explaining some of the anomalies
found on radars.

With the implementation of the WSR-88D NEXRAD system in the early and mid 1990s, this changed completely. The new systems are much more powerful, much more sensitive and almost completely automatic. The new systems attempt to keep anomalous returns (called AP for Anomalous Propagation of the radar beam) to a minimum by using complex algorithms and filtering techniques. These same algorithms, however, can also block out or impair detection of meteorological targets if not applied properly, causing some very unnatural looking patterns. The radars can also measure the velocity of radar returns using the Doppler theory. Because of this, full color images of target velocity (measured inbound and outbound along each radial) are available for every elevation slice. This is what allows us to actually see and measure the "spin" within a tornado, as well as see it's shape! Cool, huh!? So now we have a huge, new nationwide radar network with incredible capability. Things began to be seen on radar that had never been seen before. With time, they have almost all been fully explained. Swarms of bees, clouds of dust, migrating birds, airliners, highway traffic, subtle atmospheric boundaries (fronts), inversions, hail "spikes", cloud layers, virga (evaporating rainfall) and sunrise/sunset returns are just a few examples of phenomena that were initially unexplained. Those are just the things that have made it through the signal processing intact. There is an array of other AP phenomena that occur purely due to the automatic processing of the return radar signal. These can occur due to noise/feedback within the system and improper application of clutter suppression and attenuation applications/algorithms, among other things.

He goes on saying he listens to Art Bell and is not a debunker.

www.borderlands.com...

But,in my opinion,I don't think he would have an explanation on this one,other than a meteor,which we have a meteor shower coming up,left overs from Haley's comet

RELATED ARTICLES Huge asteroid to miss earth Endeavour delayed again Chinese women in Space NASA delays Endeavour launch Endeavour poised for last liftoff Sky watchers are in for a treat this week, as a meteor shower showing remnants from Halley's Comet will pass through the inner solar system after a span of 25 years. The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is predicted to peak on early Friday morning (May 6), reports Fox News. Under ideal conditions (a dark, moonless sky) about 30 to 60 of these very swift meteors can be seen per hour. And with a new moon on May 3 this is one of those years when observing conditions will be perfect. The shower appears at about one-quarter-peak strength for about three or four days before and after May 6.

But they would be coming from the south east,different direction then this object

edit on 4-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join