It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Show, or Not to show? What's with this effin question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't understand (well I do, nothing about the story adds up) but in the context of the discussion in the instance that everything surrounding Osama's death and 9/11 is true and unshady, I don't understand what the reservation is in showing the damn pictures... Its amazing that the generation that created movies like the Saw series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc could even attempt to say a picture is too gruesome to release....what are we 5 years old? I'm 26. I see more gore in 2 weeks than my grandparents saw in their whole lives.

Give a warning about the graphic nature of the pictures to let the queasy pussballs and young leave the room then show the %#@&ing pictures. Its as simple as that. They keep trying to pretend like "future missions" will somehow be compromised by showing the pictures which doesn't even make sense... how could showing an image of a dead person possibly reveal any compromising "future mission" altering secrets???? That's like saying if I kill a cat and show you guys the pictures of its body, you'll be able to figure out where I work, thus compromising my source of income.

The thought of the stupidity behind the reasoning of our gov't behind its actions is making me rage as I type this. WHY IS EVERY LITTLE THING A %#@&ING SECRET!!!!???

Q: What was Osama wearing?
A: "Well we can't disclose that information right now until we have a better grasp on the data."
Q: Was Osama sleep or awake when the raid occurred?
A: "For now, all that I can tell you is he was there. The details of his state of consciousness is under review, once we have the presented intel sorted out, we will still never tell you this minor detail that literally wouldn't hurt anything or anyone anywhere to reveal. Ever."
Q: Are you a Nazi?
A: "Very."

I literally wish I could walk into Obama's office, slap his mouth, grab the pictures, walk out, shove them into a camera, tell everyone to get a good damn look, walk back in the Oval office, slap his mouth again, slam the damn pictures back down on the desk, squeeze Michelle's a$$ and leave.

I'm beyond tired of the government pretending to be our parents. I feel like we're the frogs in the pot of water being slowly brought to a boil. And I'm tired of USA-holes chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A" like the mindless zombies that they are. Holy $#!& did you guys see how fast they assembled at the White House with flags and signs?? Its like they had "Go America, Yay Freedom" kits waiting by the door for any moment that the gov't did anything slightly chant worthy...its like these crapheads were re-enacting a scene from a cliche action movie. OMG I just threw up on my dog.

I'm glad the world hates us. We deserve to be hated. We're the annoying, bragging douche of a kid that lived 2 streets over that nobody liked, but everyone tolerated since he had a pool and all the cool toys. We're the douchey jock from movies who is popular until the outcast guy whoops his a$$ then everyone laughs at him. We're the guy in JP3, who was a total douche rocket in the beginning of the movie with his big bad gun then gets splatter-eaten by the Spinosaurus onto the plane windshield. We're Scut Farcus from A Christmas Story. We suck in general.

Lastly...why the &#@% does the smiley get added to the bottom of the post instead of where the damn cursor is?! WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE ATS?! WE DEAL WITH ENOUGH BS FROM TPTB EVERYDAY AND YOU WANNA %#@& WITH US TOO?! FIX THAT!!
/RANT
edit on 4-5-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Breaking News They have decided NOT to show the pictures. www.bbc.co.uk...

4 May 2011 Last updated at 18:55

Osama Bin Laden: Photos will not be released - Obama
breaking news

President Barack Obama has decided that photos of the dead Osama Bin Laden should not be released.

US officials have been discussing whether to publish pictures of Bin Laden's body to counter conspiracy theories that he did not die.

But the White House has been concerned that the "gruesome" images could inflame sensitivities.

The al-Qaeda le

edit on 4-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You personally can take it, hell I can too (I watched the Daniel Pearl beheading vid out of curiosity for god sake along with horror movies over the years and Faces of Death) but others wold be too upset.

Also take into account that releasing images would further fuel the fires and the retribution thehy speculate on will become a reality (if a former Marine can shoot Dimebag Darrell dead at a gig after blaming him for Pantera splitting up then imagine what a Jihadist or anti-US person of whatever ethnicity, religion or nationality could do when they see Osama's dead body with bullet holes in it)

Stop being so selfish and being a part of the "generation me" movement. I'm 27 years old myself but while morbid curiosity would want me to see the pics like I watched Saddam's hanging, I'd rather they didn't release images or video.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Breaking News They have decided NOT to show the pictures. www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 4-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
You personally can take it, hell I can too (I watched the Daniel Pearl beheading vid out of curiosity for god sake along with horror movies over the years and Faces of Death) but others wold be too upset.

Also take into account that releasing images would further fuel the fires and the retribution thehy speculate on will become a reality (if a former Marine can shoot Dimebag Darrell dead at a gig after blaming him for Pantera splitting up then imagine what a Jihadist or anti-US person of whatever ethnicity, religion or nationality could do when they see Osama's dead body with bullet holes in it)

Stop being so selfish and being a part of the "generation me" movement. I'm 27 years old myself but while morbid curiosity would want me to see the pics like I watched Saddam's hanging, I'd rather they didn't release images or video.

I could just as easily say not proving that he's dead leaves room for terrorists to now play around with psychological warfare now as well too. Like in a movie where the monster dies, but you never see the body, you can automatically assume there will be a sequel featuring said monster. This leaves room for someone to fake like the boogie man is still alive.

I'm not generation me, Im generation "stop jerking us around." I don't wanna be generation "be calm and be happy with the governments decisions"...you can have that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That's the thing though, I don't think a lot of us here on ATS are happy with our government decisions over things like this no matter where in the world we come from or currently reside. It's just that I'd rather they kept the images to themselves to avoid the kind of flag waving, patriotic stupidity that causes retaliatory attacks.

I'm as glad as anyone here that he's dead (pictures or not, he has to be whether it was last week or last decade) but I'd rather hope that things can cool off and blow over rather than instigate more violence and unrest to innocent lives by saying "here are the pictures of his bullet ridden face, choke on this you rag wearing jerks! Hahahaha!"

Y'know?

Little peace and civility goes a long way. It's like the other member here who wanted the body dragged through the streets, what good would it do other than paint an even bigger target on our backs?

top topics

join