It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted house, ghost trying to communicate... help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok so my girlfreinds house is haunted... a little info on the house, its a new developement, so they were the first family to ever live there since it was built. She keeps hearing voices when she's home alone coming from downstairs, a man and a child, tv flashes on and off repetively, this just happened last night...she see's shadows out of the corner of her eyes... just now her computer came on from a dead start and came onto a yahoo cartoon with garfield.... saying... mmmm i'm hungry... (he was eating a sub) then it said "this should hold me over before I have to move again"
The only thing I could think of with some kind of coralation is that her family is moving back to massachussettes in about two weeks. other than that I dont know... I do know it is trying to contact her and tell her something obviously but what? Please help in any way you can, this is bugging me and i really need to figure this out... I told her to keep asking questions like, what do you want, can I help, what do you need, who are you, things like that....

I'll keep you updated

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Is your girlfriend the only one in her family seeing and hearing these things?
Is she moving with them? If so, then I'd wait and see what happens in Mass.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star Eagle
Is your girlfriend the only one in her family seeing and hearing these things?
Is she moving with them? If so, then I'd wait and see what happens in Mass.

Yes and yes, her little brother and mother have seen shadows and her brothers friends claimed to have seen things and have had trouble sleeping over..... but it seems to be targeting her mainly for some reason... her dogs will just look at a wall real quick like they are seeing something and follow it at times.... I've felt a real cold breeze once when there were no windows open...

i want to try and contact it somehow....

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd advised against trying to contacting it. Letting it make contact is safer.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star Eagle
I'd advised against trying to contacting it. Letting it make contact is safer.

why is that?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Bad idea. BAD BAD BAD idea. It has noticed, that you have noticed.
Get rid of it (them). This can't be good and it will only get worse
if you play with it (them).

[edit on 7/30/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sounds intresting,

Firstly i would tell her to write every thing that happens down,

She may see some sort of pattern,

What kind of feeling does she get for this entity ect?

Is it posible to get a psycic (sp) in there who may be able to help you get more info?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Bad idea. BAD BAD BAD idea. It has noticed, that you have noticed.
Get rid of it (them). This can't be good and it will only get worse
if you play with it (them).

[edit on 7/30/2004 by FlyersFan]

How can I get rid of it? It is definitely trying to communicate and tell her something..... someone please help us out, I would love to get rid of it, my girlfriend doesnt get peaceful vibes from it either, but then again sometimes she gets good feelings

[edit on 30-7-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

my girlfriend doesnt get peaceful vibes from it either

i would say be very carefull about shouting out about getting rid of it then
You need to get someone in there to help.

has she checked the history of the house, There may be answers there

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

my girlfriend doesnt get peaceful vibes from it either

i would say be very carefull about shouting out about getting rid of it then
You need to get someone in there to help.

has she checked the history of the house, There may be answers there

we have been trying to check the history, but its a new house, they were the first ones to move in, her mother doenst have many antique things either... so it has to be an object or the land the house is on maybe? and by the way there is a very very old at least like 1800's old cemetary fenced in about 5 houses down her neighborhood. also who should i look for to get in to help her... is there any way that the spirit(s) can follow them if they move?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Spooks can haunt people, places, or even objects.
It can follow her if she's being haunted.
It can follow her if one of her objects is being haunted.

You'll need help getting rid of it. Check with a
church. Get some blessed salt and holy water
for protection. Pray. Be positive (bad spooks feed
off bad vibes.) Where do you live? Google
up ghost hunters in your area too. In New Jersey
there is a ghost hunters society. Here in Philly
too. There are good people in lots of places that
can help. Call Ed and Lorraine Warren in Connecticut.
Check out their web page. They have lots of info.
They are VERY famous ghost hunters.

You said she's getting bad feelings from it so DON'T
LISTEN TO IT. DON'T TALK TO IT. Bad spooks can lie.
It could say something like 'I'm a ghost of a child' when
it really is a demon. Bad feelings = get rid of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be the land?

As far as i know the only thing that can follow is a polterguiest,

And i dont think this is so it should be ok,

Has she ever had anything like this happen to her before?

I think you need to look around for a good psycic(sp) in your area, or a Native American who can preform a cleansing ceromony on the house

Maybe look around the net or local papers and see if theres someone who can help.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
I do know it is trying to contact her and tell her something obviously but what? Please help in any way you can, this is bugging me and i really need to figure this out... I told her to keep asking questions like, what do you want, can I help, what do you need, who are you, things like that....

I would try a different approach altogether. Try going to a local library, get demographic maps, find out more about the area the new house was built upon. Sometimes the lot that the new home was built upon, may carry residual energies from what was bulldozed and built over. I would also read through old news clippings that pertain to happenings in the area,(usually available on microfiche) at the public library. I would try to get the librarian to help, by asking specific questions to aid the research. Find out more about the town your girlfriend lives in, in general. As far as any correlation to the move to Massachusetts, I am not sure. Maybe the residual energies came from Mass. and have associations with that state. Often times, residual energies will cling to those who pay attention to them. Like attracts like. There is obviously something about your girlfriend, other than the obvious that may be drawing them to her, or perhaps she is simply more sensitive to their presence. They look for this, when trying to contact the living, over an unresolved issue. Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha

Hetha, thats what we were just discussing, we too think we need to go give the library a visit. Something about the old cemetary makes me believe that there was maybe a little town or family living on that land, there are at least 20 graves, some headstones are un-readable... they are really old... The other reason is that I feel that the most activity is in the basement.... plus the alarm system has numbers that represent each door, #4 is the basement and from time to time it will flash as if it was being opened.... the alarm company has been over to fix the problem but they cant find any faulty wireing or anything of the sort, everything checked out ok..... Something is setting off the basement door sensor...... even when the door is locked... and #4 will just start flashing out of the blue.... interesting right? So i'm thinking its the land, either that or something in the basement... but does it not make sense that ghosts or spirits will use the actual door? even if they cant open it physically... passing through it makes some sense, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sorry..I was probably typing a response while others were posting. That can happen. So I didn't get to see the others' responses while I was typing. That would indicate, that we were all thinking along the same lines of probability, would it not? All I got to see before my post, was the original thread, so that's what I was responding to. Forgive the confusion there.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That is a little spooky. just try and move as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
One thing I have witnessed before which might work.... talking to it. Let me explain. First you need a recorder with a microphone. When you feel that the spirit is close. Tell it that you have a device which documents sounds. (your recording at this stage) First ask it it's name. Wait about 30 sec. , second ask its mood. Play back the tape after you've recorded and you might get a response. You will only hear it when you play it back because the voice amplify is so low at like 300mhz or something like that. My friends did this at a graveyard and we heard a name on the tape. It was the one grave we were looking at when we asked him his name. Good luck VERY IMPORTANT when you are done asking questions say goodbye, otherwise you are welcoming the spirit to stay. Dont invite him or her to anything either. Happy hunting!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You may not have a "ghost", but something else...

A few questions, and maybe it'll help.

1. How old is your girlfriend?
2. How old is her little brother.
3. Did the activity start when the move was announced?
4. Does the little brother have any animosity towards his sister?
5. How about vice-versa?
6. What was on the site before the house was built? (Problem with many old graveyards, is that those who couldn't afford to be buried in them, were often buried just outside of them, back in the day...and the graves weren't exactly marked.)
7. Do the phenomena usually occur when one of them is emotional? Mad at the other, scared, etc.?

I suspect that either your girlfriend or her little brother are the source of the activity, likely triggering the poltergeist like activities you mentioned, by the pressures and worries/fears of moving on an adolescent mind...triggering some latent, and uncontrolled telekinetic ability. If this is the case, the actions will likely continue once they move, at least until the one responsible relaxes/grows up a bit... It's usually a fairly short stage (months, not years) and if this is the case, it will likely pass. The only relation to the graveyard in this instance, is simply as a reservoir of latent psi impressions, which may be being tapped by the child to power these outbursts.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well first off I recommend using a video camera to get some infared footage. Thats usually were ghosts appear on IR. Reminds me of a nasty case in Adamsville which is a town on Long Island. Supposedly the house had been built on former Native American burial grounds. And then there had supposedly been a murder a number of years back before the people moved in. Anyhow the house had some problems. Supposedly in the winter hundreds of flies came into the house and crowded around the refrigerator. Then sometimes the toilet would flush all on its own and there would be a black oil like substance instead of water. The supposedly the husband saw an evil face in the fireplace. He gave a description similar to what the devil might look like. And the girl ended up having one of her dolls possesed. At first only she could see it was possesed and eventually the whole family saw the doll was possessed. Anyhow some investigators came in one day. A floating knife dropped out of the air only a few inches from the investigators head. Then they found a small room painted all red. It was in the basement and was about the size of a closet. Then fianally one night some windows began shattering all on there own and the family fianally left. Creepy isn't it. But yeah check the land, check out everything including say were the building materials came from. Try to aviod making contact. It might be dangerous. I might recommend having a priest come in and perform an exorcism. But the main problem is in that story I just told they tried that and the priest ended up with blisters all over his hands just after words. Try to let the spirit(s) come to her. If all else fails try to make peace with it, that or move.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Any answers to the questions?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join