It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL Photos will NOT be released

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just heard them say on the news that they chose not to release the photos because "the president did not want to show that America is better than the enemy."

if that is what was said by the president, it may be the stupidest thing I ever heard a president say.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The reason is simple and if anyone cannot understand this then you should not be here :

So it CANNOT be used as a propaganda tool in order to recruit more idiots.

Look at what happened after the Abu Ghirab photos were issued, does anyone remember how much flack and yap we caught for doing that? Apparently not!

We do not want this to be used as an opportunity to incite more hatred and violence. Got it? Now get it!

Tell that to the families of the military that have sacrificed their lives fighting the war on terror. They are owed it more than anyone.

An acquaintance of mine was killed fighting his guerillas and I'm sure his family would like confirmation that it wasn't in vain.
edit on 4/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Bin Laden was not a trophie. Thats not who the American people are" thats the run down of what was said in the press release stating the WH won't release the photos. Thats an utter lie. Thats who we are. Thats who I am. We are a culture with many trophies and we love to gloat, if we were not than millions of us would not watch the superbowl, the final four or the world series. Speak for youself Mr. Obama, I bet you already have it framed and hanging over you desk in the oval office.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
I killed the Loch Ness monster yesterday.

Then i burnt the body and dumped the ashes in the lake.

I've got some great photo's but i'm not going to show you.

You believe me don't you.

Why don't you believe me, you must be conspiracy theorists.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omicron2011
So only 3 men had guns in the house and 24 seals crawling all over the place, and that caused a 20 minute firefight. This is surreal now.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Omicron2011 because: (no reason given)

and a Navy Seals team is a small recon, assassination, etc team i found that hard to believe that it was a navy seals because they said there were 24 navy seals troops?

The navy seals are supposed to be professionally no need for a second team as a back up, they can get the job no matter whose in the house or how many people there were.

But like you said 3 people in house with 24 navy seals inside is a bit to much, thats why i find the story from the media BS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Shepard Smith (Fox News) just asked the legal team of Fox to start the paperwork to sue Obama under the Freedom of Information Act, to release the photo of Bin Laden. I can't link a video, because it was just stated on Fox News in the past 6 minutes.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't either. And for the same reason they are stating. And that my friends is a friggen first. But what's the point? The Terrorists know he's dead the Us Military know he's dead. And the Conspiracy theorists will simply say it's a fake/ doctored photo. It will give a reason in the warped mind of the Islamic to go around beheading people again. For no reason. They could release of a video of him introducing himself and then being blown apart with C4 and the same people would refuse they were wrong.

So much for transparency. or stopping the killing, or unemployment, or foreign aid to country that hate us. I will give the man credit for sending a team in and killing the man though... That was long overdue. Half his aid's wanted to carpet bomb the compound, I would fire everyone of them. He would have got impeached if they couldn't confirm they got him.At least Congress has access to the photo's.

link   
Something isn't right with the whole story, but releasing pics will do little to satisfy the doubters anyway. They won't be considered proof and they'll just mark the next chapter in the conspiracy.

link   
To be honest, I would prefer to witness the video even if it is stopped at the final moment the shots hit.

Minutes of footage would be better evidence than a photo IMO.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I have a piece of the cross that Jesus was crucified on. I know a lot of you won't believe it is authentic, but I have proof. I had it analyzed by a spectrum analyzer (think dna for things that don't have dna). And guess what?

It perfectly matches the other piece of the cross that I have.

What more proof could you possibly want?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
another great point by commenter on youtube

I wonder how many people it took to carry a 7 food dead weight body out of the compound and quickly put on a helicopter... LOL

Yes how did they did that so super fast?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
To be honest, I would prefer to witness the video even if it is stopped at the final moment the shots hit.

Minutes of footage would be better evidence than a photo IMO.

I agree....however, even a good photo being forced out of lockup by this joke of an Administration, would be better than nothing at all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Who is surprised? A fake photo would raise too many questions. Look at how the Long Form Birth Certificate went over.
edit on 4-5-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Maybe someone will leak a pic or pics...if they exist. That might even be "the plan," as it would take the onus off them. And if they do, same deal. Some will believe and some won't.

Bet it happens. Just like the video of Saddam Hussein's hanging was leaked.

I think you are right. Won't be leaked right away, but soon, when
the time is right......

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Your are very wrong as far as the navy seals. Pakistan reports 22 plus the 3 dead in the house. They had no Idea what they were going to find in that compound. Seal team 6 could have deployed double that amount had they needed too. I can't believe they named the unit. Dev gru is top notch. Biden is an Idiot. How do I know? well that's classified But I can assure you they have no interest in the press. it only makes them and their families target's

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Shepard Smith (Fox News) just asked the legal team of Fox to start the paperwork to sue Obama under the Freedom of Information Act, to release the photo of Bin Laden. I can't link a video, because it was just stated on Fox News in the past 6 minutes.

Tell me this would have happened if Bush was in office. Another example of how the world has gone nuts. I will never understand the thinking that excuses such a thing for one person and decries it for another. This is not a game that your "side" is going to win, fool.
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

OBL Photos will NOT be released

Obama is playing a political game here. First, there is no reason why OBL might not have been wasted by Seal Team 6. No matter whether it was really him, or a look-alike... I believe there was a kill and a body. That body was probably buried at sea... whether it was OBL or someone else, is subject to any amount of debate. With the body at the bottom of the deep blue sea, we'll never have anything but our government's word on this one.

But... back to Obama's little game, this reeks of the birth certificate sweepstakes. It got tons of attention and whether that was a real BC that was produced, we have only our government's word to consider. But in the end, after it had all worked into a luxurious lather, that document was produced and it worked like a sledge hammer to empower his administration and loyalist supporters.

Now, do you see where this OBL body picture is going? Yeah... another lather, another battle axe falling, another photo op for Mr. Hope.

Anyone want to buy a ticket? I gots lots of tickets!

How 'bout a watch? I got the watch you want right here under my sleeves...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Tell me this would have happened if Bush was in office. Another example of how the world has gone nuts. I will never understand the thinking that excuses such a thing for one person and decries it for another. This is not a game that your "side" is going to win, fool.
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Not saying that there is much of a difference between Bush and Obama but didn't Bush display Oday and Qusay for the media to see?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Yes and anyone who questioned the authenticity would have been lambasted by the very same organization this guy works for. I'm not sure you quite got what I was saying or why?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Perfect....last night they were "readying the photos", today they decide not to release them. Monday he was "Firing at troops as we entered the compound", and yesterday he was unarmed but "his intentions were clear". At first he was using one of his wives "as a human shield" and she was killed in the process, now apparently she WAS NOT used as a human shield and is still alive?? Obama initially announced that "We have the body", hours later "the body" slips to the bottom of the sea.....unreal just unreal. I cannot comprehend why we have soooo much conflicting, ever changing information coming to light when supposedly the POTUS and advisers had a live feed of the events as they unfolded. Everything should be pretty cut and dry, shouldn't it??

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join