It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL Photos will NOT be released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, non disclosure of the photos keeps the Muslim world quieter than otherwise expected & continues the split in the American right ... gives the Tea Party people, dispossessed Republicans & conspiracists yet another issue with which to drive them further into the political margins.

I guess that's their thinking. Let's confound our opponents with distraction. It's a crude political decision.

My Grandfather told me that German civilians were compelled to watch "gruesome" newsreels containing footage of dead Nazis & those living beside death camps were made to enter the camps to see the heaps of bodies & squalor. If Joe Public "could take it" sixty odd years ago, why can't they today ? Have we become sensitive little souls over the intervening period ? I think not.

Someone file a FOIA request, smartly.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Fox News just reported Obama will NOT release the photos

50 new threads in 5...4...3...

ETA: Here's the quick release from CNN:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Read on, others are posting links from other sources as well.
edit on 4-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

Lol the liar in chief cant even make a passable BC no wonder he dont want this lie out as well

someone needs to arrest these war criminals running the USA.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
think you missed the point
No, apparently, you did.

This is what you said: “no body and now no pictures will ever been seen by the world. do people need any more proof that this never happened?

You are implying that no publicly released visual records of Osama’s body is proof that he wasn’t killed, which obviously isn’t. It might be, for some, an indication of a conspiracy of sorts, but certainly, it is not proof.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Even though I believe he's dead I can't for the life of me believe anything about the official story, iT has way too many loose ends and the lack of any evidence of any kind makes no sense to me what so ever.

link   
why can't obama release the short form version of the alleged death photo and then the long form version 2 years later?

link   
reply to post by buni11687

they sure didnt have any problems showing americans drug through the streets of somalia

and those contractors being stung up and burned.

any way you look at this is big time bs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There are plenty of rational non conspiratorial types who would also like to see just a little more proof and some who feel the pictures would provide some closure. Since when have we started caring about Muslim sensibilities anyway. Didn't seem to bother us in Iraq and Afghanistan. This will now be consigned to history, like who shot JFK

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omicron2011
You know, when they killed Saddam's sons, they cleaned them up and put them in a tent for all journalist to see.
I just don't know what to think of all these multiple stories, or this whole incident.

That happened also under the leadership of Bush, the cowboy president .. I agree that he should release the photo, but they are also two very different types of people.. Obama may not have authorized the release of the photos showing Saddam's sons either had he been president

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theduncans

My favorite is that he wont release the photos because conspiracy theorists will just say they are doctored anyway, when, in all reality he is fueling the conspiracy fire by not releasing them. Either way they go there going to run into a briar field.

MY, now aren't we powerful, I have never seen an administration more worried about Conspiracy theorist.

HMMMMM,

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dear Mr. President,

I do not believe your claim that OBL is dead.
I am cautiously optimistic that he is dead, however, as you are aware, we have had presidents and intelligence lie to us many times before, be it the gulf of tonkin, clinton's denial of sexual relations with monica (not that it was our business), Truman stating hiroshima was chosen for its high military and low civilian value (opposite is true), Kennedy saying he intends no military intervention in cuba (bay of pigs), Reagen stating we made no trade for hostages to iran (except for all the military hardware, anti-tank weapons). and of course the absolute fact that WMDs are in Iraq.

No Mr. President, no citizen should have to simply accept any offical proclamation, no matter how welcomed, until some evidence has been presented. What precidence are you setting up where the citizens of the united states will simply take the word of a politician with no evidence to back up claims.

This is not some wacky conspiracy theory in the fringe your ignoring, this will become mainstream and every day you do not make evidence public is every day the people will lose both faith and respect in not just your office, not just the military establishment, but the entire political structure.

Release the pictures
edit on 4-5-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This BS right here is why Clinton and Bush both declined to be with Obama at 9/11 tomorrow. Something is way too fishy here. Then Biden outs 1 of the Navy Seals at his press conference yesterday.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

His use of the word trophy bothered me, is that what he thinks of us, I doubt I would even look at the pictures, it isn't about gloating, does he think Americans are gloating?
some maybe, but I think most just want proof,

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omicron2011
This BS right here is why Clinton and Bush both declined to be with Obama at 9/11 tomorrow. Something is way too fishy here. Then Biden outs 1 of the Navy Seals at his press conference yesterday.

I thought that too.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yet the US has no problem releasing photos of the Hussein boys after they shot them to pieces. And they were pretty much nobody's . www.esoterically.net...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by coastalite
My guess is that the doctored photos weren't convincing enough.
So a government, that one hand, is accused of faking the moon landings and covering up alien visitation worldwide, is unable to convincingly photoshop a photo?

Is that your argument?

Who said anything about moon landings and alien visitation?

I'm not a Photoshop expert, but my point is that as software programs and cameras get more and more sophisticated, it seems that producing convincing fake photos is getting to be more and more difficult as well.

Imagine that, the talking heads have their marching orders and are now saying they don't need to see any proof and that they take the WH at their word.

Remind you of anything?

link   
Makes me wonder how many times Obama and his minions have used conspiracy sites and theories to sway public opinion, since he knows so much about it.

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Omicron2011

Clinton and Bush both declined to be with Obama at 9/11 tomorrow.

source on that please sorry if i dont take your word for it

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

gawker.com...#!5798353/bush-wont-go-on-ground-zero-date-with-obama

www.politico.com...

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe someone will leak a pic or pics...if they exist. That might even be "the plan," as it would take the onus off them. And if they do, same deal. Some will believe and some won't.

Bet it happens. Just like the video of Saddam Hussein's hanging was leaked.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

thanks storm i googled it after that post and that is seriously off.

for the life of me i cant understand why those clinton and bush would decline when bin laden murdered americans under both there terms.

that is unless they both know something we dont maybe the both know he aint dead?
edit on 4-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join