It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer for Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I was at the liquor store last night buying beer, 'Arrogant Bastard Ale' for those who want to try something different, this has become my beer of choice at the moment. Anyway, as I waited in line I noticed the woman in front of me also purchasing 2 six packs of beer. I tend to look at what others buy, you can tell a lot about a person by what they drink. . .
Well she had a typical light beer and something called 'Bowser Beer'. I had never seen or heard of this before so I queried "What is this like?" to her. She told me it was for her dog and he loved it so much she gets him one six pack a week! In amazement, I looked at her like she was crazy but apparently they do make this no-hops, non-alcoholic, non-carbonated beer for dogs, which the owner of the liquor store put on sale in conjunction with the pet store located a few doors down.

Am I just so out of the norm of daily living now that I find this insane?
It costs $15.00 a six and though I do pay this much and more for certain beers I drink, to spend this on my dog so we can pretend we are both partying it up just makes no sense to me. They even have a custom label system on the web site so you can put your dogs picture on the bottle.
What do you all think about this?

Link to Company Website
edit on 5/4/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Speaking from experience (not intentional but more along the lines of "he grabbed it off the table") dogs seem to really, really, really like beer.

I dont know what aspect of beer exactly it is that they are so drawn to but I've never seen any of the dogs Ive had or friends dogs consume something so quickly and voraciously as an unguarded beer.

I bet it would be good poured into ice trays and frozen for those hot hot days.
edit on 4-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Haha, considering my dog likes to drink puddle water, this seems crazy to spend that kind of money on something that dogs drink, because they will literally drink anything.

That being said If i could find it in the uk i'd buy it for my dog just to see of he liked it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Me and my friends were just hanging out once and my friend had a backpack full of beer on the back deck. Well my dog got into the bag, bit into the cans and drank the beer. I swear my dog drank around 10 of them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My dog loves beer lol.. I found this out by accident a while back as I looked over and my pint was already 3/4 gone.... The aftermath was hilarity needless to say..

Every now and again I'll give her a small amount of it (don't judge me!!). I figure it's not harmful if it's rare and in limited quantities once every blue moon or so (great beer also). She gets just as excited for beer as she does for steak.. and that says something.

Good find, but I don't think $15.00 for dog beer that isn't really beer is worth it to me..
edit on 4-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm laughing right now because I know what you mean. When I was sitting out at the pool over the summer rock would go over when i layed back and closed my eyes he would sneak over and pick up the bottle with his teeth and go back over to where he was sitting and tip it with his paw and lick it.

Smart little foker. I caught him doing this twice. My wife was laughing her ass off cause I yelled over to her hey did you just steal my beer she looks up and say no I didn't it was your dog. And sure enough I look up and the little stinker was licking away and when I got up he grab the bottle and tried to run off with it.

Too funny....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I owned a small pub in Brooklyn new York and I also have a big beautiful boxer. He is about 100 lbs.
But from time to time I would bring him with me to the bar when I was waiting on deliveries or cleaning the place up after a busy night. Anyway he use to go over to the tap and always went for the guiness.

I had 6 or 7 beers on tap but it was only the guiness he went for. I gave him a half of pint of it once and he gulped it down. It did give him the runs so I never did it again but it was defiantly entertaining to watch.

Would I pay 15.00 bucks for a fake beer for my dog I would say no. But I might share a guiness with him in the future. Now that he is getting old I figure if it makes him feel good for a few hours he deserves it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought giving beer to dogs was dangerous? This is why they remove the hops in the product the op listed.

My poodle opened and ate a box of imported liquor chocolates years ago and was literally leaning against a wall to hold herself up. It was too funny she acted just like a bombed human would including staggering from room to room until she passed out!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I didn't know about this! That's pretty funny. People spend crazy money on their dogs! I know I do! But the money I spend is for high quality food, vet care and purchase price. But if people want to spend $15 a six for their pooch, more power to 'em.
I know dogs seem to love beer.

Crazy chicken world!

new topics

top topics

join