It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21st, 2011 End of the World - Claim and Rebuttal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Someone else after my own heart, calls the leader of this movement out.

Radio caller asks him about all the people donating their life savings, then hits him with this question.

"Do they get a refund on the 22nd of May?" lmao!

Listen to how he gets defensive, then stumbles and stammers when questioned, spoken like a true scammer.

What would you have said to him?

edit on 9-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Haha brilliant video RT. I like how the scammer slips up and says millions will die on that day and the days following it, so there is more than one date now?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Sorry for being very judgmental when I wrote that. I guess I was just frustrated about all the mocking and scoffing from all the other commentors. I really do want to quicky tell you a few reasons why I trust the bible so much concerning May 21, 2011. There are many many proofs and signs that God have open the eyes of the true believers to here in these "Last Days". For instance. One proof is that years and years ago we've discovered (by Gods mercy) that the flood of Noah's day occured in 4990BC, and even more recently we've discovered that the day of judgment is in the year 2011. That is exactly 7,000 years after the flood in 4990. Using the language in 2 Peter 3:8 "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years is as one day.", God used Noah, who was a preacher (2 Peter 2:5) to declare that mankind had 7 days or 7,000 years to escape destruction. God also gave Noah the exact month and day that this would happen. He said that in the 2nd month of the 17th day of the month I will break open the fountains of the deep. May is exactly 7,000 years later "to the very day"

why would the bible contradict its self then? true believers? Does that mean that everyone who follows Christs way is wrong unless they decipher the bible correctly?
That seems like a cheap trick to me. and if you really believe that then ok that is your right. but i think you owe it to yourself not to follow so blindly someone who has made predictions before and been wrong.as

some quotes i find from the bible, seems like this guy isn't for real im afraid.

Jeremiah 28:9, "The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him."

been wrong before?

Daniel 10:17, "For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me."

He may be old but he is still going.

2 Peter 1:20, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." A true Prophet NEVER gives his private interpretation. He only shares what the Lord reveals. Scripture defines Scripture, not man.

I pretty sure he has broken this one too..

edit on 11-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Also i found this great site i don't know if someone has already posted it

In order for this "proof" to be valid, the following must be established as true:
1. That the phrase "a day is as a thousand years" (2 Peter 3:8) is to be taken literally as a mathematical formula.
2. That the timeline of the Noachian flood is rightly to be understood allegorically, as a literal event timeline for the second coming of Christ.
3. That the 7,000 literal years should begin starting at the time Noah preached.
4. That the Noachian flood occurred in the year 4990 B.C. (because "2011 A.D. is exactly 7,000 years after 4990 B.C."), and that the timespan from the flood to our calendar year 2011 is exactly 7,000 years

1. That the phrase “a day is as a thousand years” is to be taken literally as a mathematical formula. The complete verse reads as follows:
2 Peter 3:8 8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Note that Camping says "God doubled the statement 'a day is as a thousand years'", however if you read the verse carefully you will see that is it only written once. What is actually written are two inverse equations, or comparisons, each written only a single time:
First comparison: "one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years" Second comparison: "a thousand years [is] as one day"
They are exactly the opposite of each other! If we were to favor the latter equation, we must conclude, by Camping's assertions, that Judgement Day occurred approximately 10 minutes after Noah preached.

Refute camping 7000 years proof

edit on 11-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
You really think that is funny? Hahahaha. Does that make you feel better? GROW UP! That stupid line has been said before over and over again. You didn't stump anyone. Tell me how that has anything to do with May 21 not happening? Mark the Bible's words. When May 21 finally dawns on us and God's righteous judgment is poured out over the whole earth you will not be laughing then. You will be shaking in you boots!, and on your knees begging God for mercy. Don't you realize you are doing and saying exactly what those just before the flood of Noah's day did and said? 2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers(YOU), walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the begining of the creation." God will come upon you "as a theif in the night"! Beg Him for mercy! Those dear people were doing that out of love and how dare you mock them and God. May God rebuke you!. Amen.

Dude, will you sign a legal document entitling me to all your things on May 22nd?

If not, GET OUT.

The thread starter proved that people like you have no true belief, no true faith, and that you're all religious nutcases spreading fear to promote your agenda of converting everyone to an outdated concept of spirituality called christianity.

Hypocrite.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
One week to go, the next Monday will be the last... ever... isn't that awesome?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What I would like to see is all the Millions of dollars and effort being put into this campaign go to a truly worthy cause.

Maybe like homeless children campaign and their well being? That would be something I would listen and donate my time and money too.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Duskangels

I can assure you that Matthew did not write his gospel in Greek, so there's your first mistake.
Your second is your arrogance in thinking you have figured out God's plan.

Tell me, who would the Lord favour? He who preaches the dread of judgement and fear of going to hell?
Or he who preaches tolerance, love, and acceptance of all life WITHOUT JUDGING OTHERS?

May I also point out the history of the Rapture comes from a Christian cult and not from biblical writings, or traditions?

www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org...
edit on 18-5-2011 by Konstantinos because: the sky is not falling...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What a shame that people wasted all the hundreds of thousands of dollars to promote this. Do people really believe this #. WTF they could have done charity donations or put the money to a better cause. I honestly don't understand this.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Woops! A couple of things must happen first.

" Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, a...s that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just found this and thought I would share here.

This could be why those door to door people were just not willing to give up their goods!

Time is progressing and news is leaking out from the staff of Family Radio that Harold Camping is aware that May 21, 2011 might not be judgment day after all. Consequently, he has already prepared a defense to explain to the radio listeners that he was not wrong, but that God has heard all the prayers and seen the repentance of people, and in His mercy has postponed the judgment.

Source

Sounds about right, it keeps him from admitting he was wrong again.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I was waiting for something like this.

Blame it on God, or use God as an escape route.....works every time on religiously blind people that need justification.

The classic is "It was God's Will"

If I hear that I think to myself "really did you speak to him, or did he send you a confirmation letter."

Not that I don't believe in God, but how do people actually know what his will is, for that one particular situation?
edit on 18-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very nice job. The insanity of the far Christian Right is that they are unable to see the hypocrisy in nearly all their actions. They hate vehemently, but find no contradiction with their faith. They judge all, regardless that judgement is supposedly left only to their God. They cry, "The end of the world!" yet they refuse to sign away their worldly goods. To me, the surest sign someone is ignorant and inhumane is if and when they tell me they are an Evangelical. I know then they are gullible, hateful, hypocrite cultists.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is what I do not get.

Why in the world can someone hide behind God or a religion, scam people for money and precious time in their life, then not be convicted of fraud?

Is it because they gave their money freely, but then are to ashamed to admit they were scammed?

Or is it because they will keep follow religion blindly and not questioning?

Sorry but I am really confused on this one.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow!

"Not an Iota of Doubt at all" Harold Camping TV interview with a New Zealand reporter. When asked if the 21st will be the end.

Must see.

TV New Zealand - Harold Camping End of the World May 21st, 2011

So it looks like his claim is absolutely 100% no backing out of.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They still have a dozen or so billboards in my area. I would have expected them to disappear a week or so ago.

Those boards are gonna look kinda ridiculous on Monday... or sadly smug, one or the other!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a coworker of mine has been telling us this for years. we bust on him pretty good and he seemed to take it well but as time "runs down" it seems like its really effecting him. a couple of weeks ago i said to him if he really believed this he should give me one of his guitars. he said he would but didnt bring anything..until yesterday. he actually brought it in and was going to give it away! i honestly didnt want him to actually do it but i guess he either felt like he had to save face or he actually believes. my boss had gotten in on the teasing and said he would take it if i didnt. i told my friend that i dont want his guitar and he'll miss it on sunday.
the whole thing was a little sad. it reminded me of when people are suicidal and they start giving away their possessions . other people have also mentioned his attitude is definitely down. i really hope when sunday rolls on and no one has floated away or died or exploded or whatever he'll not do anything drastic.

edit on 5/18/2011 by homeskillet because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Absolutely right that is sad.

I wouldn't want anything from someone that kind-hearted either.

I think we need to protect good people like that, instead of exploit.

My whole point in the OP, was not to take anything from them but to make them think about their ultimatum.

I think we need to tell people like your friend, that everyone at some point or other, in their lives makes blind decision, but once should be enough to learn, and that we should always question absolute claims.

Thank you very much for posting that story.

Originally posted by homeskillet
the whole thing was a little sad. it reminded me of when people are suicidal and they start giving away their possessions . other people have also mentioned his attitude is definitely down. i really hope when sunday rolls on and no one has floated away or died or exploded or whatever he'll not do anything drastic.

edit on 5/18/2011 by homeskillet because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
reply to post by Duskangels

I can assure you that Matthew did not write his gospel in Greek, so there's your first mistake.
Your second is your arrogance in thinking you have figured out God's plan.

Tell me, who would the Lord favour? He who preaches the dread of judgement and fear of going to hell?
Or he who preaches tolerance, love, and acceptance of all life WITHOUT JUDGING OTHERS?

May I also point out the history of the Rapture comes from a Christian cult and not from biblical writings, or traditions?

www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org...
edit on 18-5-2011 by Konstantinos because: the sky is not falling...

That's a brilliant article Konstantinos, I have bookmarked it.
Vicky

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Absolutely right that is sad.

I wouldn't want anything from someone that kind-hearted either.

I think we need to protect good people like that, instead of exploit.

My whole point in the OP, was not to take anything from them but to make them think about their ultimatum.

he's a strong minded smart guy but i do feel like he is being naive. when we would talk about this we would try to get our minds around why he actually thinks this is real. it was so bizarre to me because i had never really known anyone who truly believed in an actual biblical endtime scenario(or at least one coming in our lifetimes). especially someone who seems pretty grounded in reality. who knows really though? it just may be true. but i dont care how much scripture you pour over and use to calculate the end i will only believe it when i see it which may be too late anyway.

it just shows you the power some people can hold over those we think of as rational human beings.

also, for the record i didnt make the assumption you truly wanted to take someones stuff. i figure you were like me wanting to see how strong and real their belief is. i mean, it is pretty hard to understand

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
According to this Judgment Day map taken from ebiblefellowship.com only a few places in Canada need to be warned about Judgment Day. How do you Canadians feel about that?

Ads in 5 Community Newspapers
Covering Various Parts of the Territory

15 Billboards

Tract Trip
August 2010

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6be75a225415.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way, OP, thanks for posting that. If one of them comes to my door, I'm using that on them.

edit on 4-5-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

dude, they took an entire page in the province newspaper, big bold letters

"JUDGEMENT DAY MAY 21, THE BIBLE GUARANTEES IT"
"..cry mightily unto god jonah 3:8"
"...god be mericful to me a sinner luke 18:13"

LOL so confident in their beliefs even though its sooooooooooo wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join