It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21st, 2011 End of the World - Claim and Rebuttal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Absolutely awesome S&F for your cleverness on that one! I wish I had the "End of the World" goers around me but sadly the only thumpers that come to my door are Jehova's and well.... you know...... Anyways kudos again on that one.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hahahaha that was genius. Obviously they TRUELY didn't believe it will end, just spreading propaganda.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Clever. Funny.

I have read a lot of posts saying that the people really didn't believe what they were saying because they didn't sign it over to you.

Does anyone believe anything 100 percent? I'm not even sure that the Christian God wants blind faith. There is nothing wrong with questioning and even occasionally having doubts.

The problem with many is that their questioning and doubts of something just stay right there. Doubting is fine but that needs to light your desire to discover the truth. (or as close as you can get to the truth)

What I'm getting at is to believe that May 21 is the true end should not require your utter and complete blind faith. I'm not sure why non-believers always think that a believer should be either all or nothing. A believer can have doubts and yet still be a believer.

It's probably safe to say that most atheists have had and may continue to have moments where they still doubt or wonder if there is a creator. True stupidity is being 100 percent sure of anything.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I'm thinking they may start passing the Kool Aid around come the 22nd. As in Jim Jones brand Kool Aid. Weird little cults like this often end badly....think of Heaven's Gate. I may be wrong, but ddn't those guys have a couple of prophecized 'Aliens are coming to save us' days that never came about, before they decided to make their own little apocalypse come true?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Awesome!!

Well done. What a bunch of idiots.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You are absolutely GREAT. I'll remember this one!
See if I can make some money!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well played. But, I believe these folks, like those in most "cults" have already forked over all their worldly goods to the church, (aka the cult leader's account). I have also read that most have left their jobs as well, to better serve the mission. So, not only will they feel foolish on the day after when they find themselves still here they will also feel pretty destitute.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Bravo...Bravo...
They were hanging out at the Capital Building Yesterday were I live....I told Hubby to swing by and take a picture...lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
To realtruth all I can say about your opening post is lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol you made my day, thank you!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OP was beautifully done

After watching the y/t video on page one I feel really bad when these people have it not happen on May 21st. Some of them are taking it really seriously.
Crying about it on TV? I genuinely think that some people are taking it too far.

Then again the world is decaying all around us, toxins, pollutions, corruption... I don't think we need a bible to tell us were going to 'hell in a hand-basket' with the way were heading

edit on 5/5/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Realtruth, that was probably one of the best options to get rid of them and make them realize that not everyone is controlled by ignorance and fear.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These people are like the new Heaven's Gate Cult.....Enjoy your Kool Aide!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Excellent!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love it. That was awsome

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Classic OP, I wish I could of seen their faces!

I hate when these people come to my door with their lunacy.

Several years ago I had a young lady and her mother come to my door one morning. It was a work day for normal folk so I'm betting they were not expecting anyone to be home. Anyway I answered the door in just my bathrobe, unshaven, bed hair etc. I must of looked quite the fright. So I politely ask what I can do for them, they say "Do you believe it will take nothing less then divine intervention to save Mankind?", I say "I have more faith in my fellow man then that."

They just say ok and turn around and leave.

I'm thinking "what? no argument?"

I'm pretty sure I had underwear on but not 100% positive.

Here is another story I will share because it is funny.

One Sunday afternoon I am watching football, I see two rather handsome and well dressed young men approach my front door. They knock and I assume they must be for my sister. So I yell for her to answer the door and she comes out of her room. She gets to the middle of the livingroom where she can see out the door window and suddenly she falls to the floor and begins crawling on her hands and knees back to her room, as she goes she says

"It's the Jevoha's witnesses!"

I fell off the couch I was laughing so hard!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
if any of them knocked on any doors of england they would get it much much much worse, you was polite sir!

bloody scammers

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Now if we can get everyone in the world to keep it real at all times like that i think we'd be better off. I break people off like that all day(as I work at Target) and they are always better for it...s+f and maybe even a freinds add for that one

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

i said it before in another thread...if nothing happens by may 21st...lock up their as*es and take their property away for causing mass hysteria and duping people...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh, something will probably occur on May 21st...
Something like Mass Suicides... and a lot of lost and disappointed followers.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
You're good....You're REAL GOOD!

Off topic, I see your avatar is a support Ron Paul image. Did you know he is a master mason? Just look it up. He can be seen on Real Time with Bill Maher doing the masonic handshake. Just want to let you know you are supporting a master mason.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join