It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21st, 2011 End of the World - Claim and Rebuttal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+114 more 
posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought ATS'ers might enjoy what happened to me, about the so called end of the world prediction people that came to my front door.

I have been seeing billboards, and people with yellow t-shirts printed the 21st of May, 2011 is the end of the world, Lawn signs, fliers, people going door-to-door and so on.

Alrighty, so I had an encounter with a group soliciting this idea about the world ending this month come to my front door. Now typically I don't even answer the door, but today I felt my wits in high gear, so not only did I open the door, I invited them in.

Now they were a friendly group, so I was going to be friendly, but of course in the spirit of ATS. "Deny Ignorance"

So what did they have to say?

I better repent because in just less then 17 days the world would end, now at this point my answer/question to them was very clear.

I asked them are you absolutely 100% sure? and they with all of their faith told me "It is the end"....hmmmm OK then we have a 100% solid claim......RT's mind goes into overdrive.

I then asked them to meet my half way I said "Of course I will repent, but you must do one thing for me, if you believe 100% the world is going to end in less than 17 days, then sign a legal document saying that Realtruth, will inherit all of your property, money, and any material things you have, exempt from any liabilities of course."

Silence over came the room for about a 30 seconds.

Their response was, "but none of us will need material goods after the 21st", so my answer was then "then really you have nothing to lose because my document will be invalid, since it will be the end?"

Silence ensued, my living room yet again.

I asked them again, "are you having doubts?, because surely my legal document will mean nothing and so will your material goods after the 21st of this month."

"We won't do that" they said, then my answer to them was, "You clearly do not believe your own claims, because if you did any commitments made after the 21st of May 2011, would be null and void upon "The End"

Again they said, "We don't' do that" hmmmmm.........well then I said, you don't believe the world is going to end then, because if you did, you would have no issue or problem freeing yourselves of worldly goods or signing contracts that will mean nothing on or after that day.

Checkmate!

I could see the confusion and doubt in their eyes, as got up and headed for the door.

Realtruth is a bad boy.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That was mean, but sorted the men from the boys.

Nice job, i think i'll try to remeber that if i bump into any hardcore 'belivers'.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

bad bad boy, spoiling the fun of some ignorant folks
great job.
Reminded me of another world changing anecdote:
I had Jehova's Witnesses at the door
They wanted to talk about god they said
So I turned around, yelled "god, god" a couple of times
and said "seems he's not in. what did he do wrong this time?"
they left.
they didn't return.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah I saw some "The Rapture" billboards on my last trip to Philly a few weeks back. I found it interesting that they believe it enough to announce it.
As for calling their bluff, I'd of asked the same thing. No better way to fuel the fires of doubt than to threaten someone's material goods. Kind of paints a new picture of hypocrisy in their "faith", don't you think?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You're good....You're REAL GOOD!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
People that know me on ATS know I am very very open minded, but I just could not resist the skeptic and opportunist in me.

I do respect other views and beliefs, but when you come to my front door......all bets are off.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

way to call their bluff!!! hahaha Next question they'll ask themselves is, "what are we doing this for again??"
S&F

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! This is the best thread ever on religion!

2nd line.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They can't even keep their own stories straight. May 21 is just when Jesse is supposed to be coming back to start the rupture. Jesse is gonna raise all the dead out of the ground. Then it will be a 6 month party. After the party, then the it's the end on Oct 21.

Judgment Day begins and the Rapture on May 21, 2011... The end of the world on October 21, 2011.

www.may-212011.com...
ebiblefellowship.com...

However, I have found a couple amusing sites though, thanks to these people.

Each Eternal Earthbound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward.

For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sounds like something I have done in the past. I have been fascinated by these people ever since I read about them a few months ago. The money they have spent on this alone is staggering. Billboards in hundreds of countries, the buses, to have that much "faith" in something. What are they going to do when they are still here on the 22nd? Will any of them feel foolish? Will they just decide on another date? Will any leave the church? Very interesting, IMO
edit on 4-5-2011 by chiefsmom because: timeline

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Priceless, Realtruth. I am curious as to what these "prophets" will claim when the date has come and gone. Many have gone before them claiming the "end", and when the date passes, it is quietly dismissed. It seems as though there are a greater number buying into the idea this time, and it will be interesting to hear the excuses.

Do you know, or can you elaborate on why they feel the need to make sure that we are all "repentant"? I would think that they would commune with their own, and be happy to think that they will be the "chosen" ones. I like to think that I have a tolerance for other's ideas and beliefs, and I think I do.....just don't come to my door, please....thanks for the chuckle!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You weren't disrespectful to the people you just saw an opportunity to profit off the final day of life. LOL. In your own way you put doubt in these folks minds, if they truly believed with every fiber of their being May 21st was going to be their final day on this planet why give any care to who owns their belongs after they rose to heaven or where-ever they believe they are going? It's my luck those "May 21st Judgment Day" folks won't come to my house because I have some legal forms already prepared for them to sign over their belongs, LOL.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Awesome, your my quick thinking hero for the day! Crazy door to door preachers. Beside if the world is ending, does repenting a few days before it does save you or does living a full balenced life with good intentions and love in your heart save you? I chose number 2, live life to the fullest. Thanks for the great story! S&F
edit on 4-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

just wow! that sounds like the bible story of jesus telling the kid to give all his belongings away and follow him.the kid left with a frown.
and yet,i think that is a major problem today,love for matter
edit on 4-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Sounds like something I have done in the past. I have been fascinated by these people ever since I read about them a few months ago. The money they have spent on this alone is staggering. Billboards in hundreds of countries, the buses, to have that much "faith" in something.

I had no idea it was a international campaign, I thought it was local advertising about a play or something.

What are they going to do when they are still here on the 22nd?

Excuse the matter with some explanation.

Will any of them feel foolish?

Of course they will, it might be folks who help the "Judgment" by suicide.

Will they just decide on another date?

This is how it's done every time.

Will any leave the church?

Yes, from embarrassment but many will stay and believe the explanation the pastor gives them such as ,"God changed his mind".

Very interesting, IMO

Oh it's something alright, it's beyond weird when all you have to do is pick up books and old newspapers to see this type of prophecy happens almost every twenty years.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Good one ahah

im sure they dont have any doubt in their claim
but giving their stuff up even if the end was tomorrow
i dont know

would you ??
i would not

with everything right now that is happening in the world + 2012 looming ahead
the time between the date will feel like the end of the world
for many .. it is like a end of the world for them
lost everything .. many killed .. etc

it is not EOTW
lets call it a transition to a better system from this unegual/unsustainable one we live in today

planet earth will survive and we will to
edit on 5/4/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Bingo!

That was my main objective, not so much gaining material things of others, but to make them questions themselves, what they were preaching and what it really meant to them.

We can all have faith, but when confronted with a question that really puts that faith or claim to the test, does it still hold up.

But a new pair of shoes would be great though.

Peace,

RT

Originally posted by bumpufirst

just wow! that sounds like the bible story of jesus telling the kid to give all his belongings away and follow him.the kid left with a frown.
and yet,i think that is a major problem today,love for matter
edit on 4-5-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
According to this Judgment Day map taken from ebiblefellowship.com only a few places in Canada need to be warned about Judgment Day. How do you Canadians feel about that?

Ads in 5 Community Newspapers
Covering Various Parts of the Territory

15 Billboards

Tract Trip
August 2010

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6be75a225415.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way, OP, thanks for posting that. If one of them comes to my door, I'm using that on them.

edit on 4-5-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nice one, RT - Just remember, if you were ever successful in gaining their approval for such a deal, I'm in the market for a previously enjoyed car lol.

Touche'

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why does this "May 21st Judgement Day" reminds me of the Terminator Movies? Thats right,because there were Nukes...and as we know...Al-Qaeda (or the TPTB,take your pick...) wants to nuke the hell out of the World if Osama is killed...

Next Question: Why are our Goverments even allowing so much Advertising for something like this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join