It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To get bin Laden, Obama relied on policies he decried.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

To get bin Laden, Obama relied on policies he decried.

washingtonexaminer.com

Let's cheerfully and ungrudgingly give credit to Barack Obama for approving the military operation that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.
In my Washington Examiner column last Sunday I criticized Obama's foreign policy, which was characterized by one of his advisers in an interview with the New Yorker's Ryan Lizza as "lead from behind." That criticism still stands.
But in tracking down and nailing bin Laden, Obama led from behind the right way -- behind the scenes he made a right but risky decision, without any leaks to the press, to achieve an objective sought by two president
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not here to criticize Obamas decision to send a NAVSPECWAR team into Pakistan to take out Osama. I will commend him on his decision to go against what he once beleived to be a bad policy.

This is just showing the nation that the pre-White House Obama could rant and rave about the previous administrations policies but when handed the situation directly, he had top make a decision that was counter to what he had once believed.

Many people will ridicule him by calling him a hypocrite among other things. I won't do this. I will say that he did make the right decision on this deal, despite what the world, Pakistan or the people of the United States may say.

Without the policy that Obama used to be so against, Osama would still be breathing today.

washingtonexaminer.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

That is if he is really dead.

Now or 5 years ago!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
This is just showing the nation that the pre-White House Obama could rant and rave about the previous administrations policies but when handed the situation directly, he had top make a decision that was counter to what he had once believed.

Only point I'd make is one someone pointed out in another thread ( there's been so many so forgive me for not linking ) .. but the point is that Obama has always said before he went into office that one of this #1 priorities as president would be to find and kill Bin Laden.. he did just that, I don't think he's gone against anything he believes.. he did however deliver on a promise he made.. he followed through, he didn't change... at least not on this promise

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Who says we "got" OBL?

This story is the biggest pile of steaming inconsistencies.
There was a firefight. The wife was used as a shield. Two helicopters were used. Obama et al watched live.
Osama was shooting from behind a woman. He was holed up in a "mansion". The "mansion" was burned after.
Oh, wait, there was no firefight, there were no guards, OBL was unarmed, he did not hide behind a wife, two helicopters were used but two were in reserve. The Pres etc did not watch live. The "mansion" looks like a flophouse in the barrios of Rio.

The latest different recount:
...He was part of the operation in which the elite US Navy Seals lowered themselves down ropes from three Black Hawk helicopters into the terrorist supremo's hideout in the town of Abbottabad, Pakistan, on Sunday.

So now they "lowered themselves from ropes", from THREE helicopters.

If we murderized anybody, it must have been just some random dude, with his family, hence the need to dispose of the evidence so quickly.

edit on 4-5-2011 by sprtpilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

The only reason there are so many inconsistencies is because every government official that tells the story is trying to spin it one way or another. The government screwed up when they did not decide to release a single story from one single spokesperson. The fact that there are different stories doesn't make the death of Osama bin Laden staged. It just means that those who are telling the story want to put their own touch on it to make it more palatable to certain groups of people.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Who cares? He's only our President for 4 years. Not like we have to live with him.
I think as I recall....

We have had Presidents do worse. In fact recently....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

The reason for so many variation and inconsistencies in the initial reports is because no one really knows the truth. Journalists trip over one another to be 'the first' to report any developments and their reports will more than likely filled with mistakes.

I questioned the validity of the reports that Osama was dead initially but I'm convinced now that he was killed this past weekend by our Navy SEALs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So he's like every other President who lied during their campaign? SHOCKING!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I'm not here to criticize Obamas decision to send a NAVSPECWAR team into Pakistan to take out Osama. I will commend him on his decision to go against what he once beleived to be a bad policy.

Many people will ridicule him by calling him a hypocrite among other things. I won't do this. I will say that he did make the right decision on this deal, despite what the world, Pakistan or the people of the United States may say.

Without the policy that Obama used to be so against, Osama would still be breathing today.

washingtonexaminer.com

When he campaigned he said he would go into Pakistan, Kill Osama.

He said this knowing full well of certain policies.

I am not saying he isn't a Hypocrite (Guantanamo Bay Anyone?) however I feel like the did exactly what he said he would.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokey420

I'm not criticizing Obama. I'm glad he sent in a unit, on the ground, to take out Osama.

The policy he so much critical about in the Bush Administration is making him look good and I'm glad be made an about face. For once, he made a decision I can live with.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The greatest quote from any Liberal "But that's different".

He has no business being President.
I only pray that Ron Paul has a chance.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
The greatest quote from any Liberal "But that's different".

He has no business being President.
I only pray that Ron Paul has a chance.

Yep! It's always different when the shoe is on the other foot.

Ron Paul? I'm going to support Herman Cain from Georgia. Why? Somall these people who call the Tea-partiers and Republicans racist can put a foot in their mouth.

Sorry to go off topic.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More than anything, I think that this just shows you cant trust either side, because when it comes right down to it, they are the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, some people are using this opportunity to say "See!! Obama acted like us, our side obviously better!"
No, its just that you are cheering for exactly what TPTB want.....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Obama said he would go in. McCain said he would ask Pakistan.

top topics

join