It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Denided Fedral Aid for Fires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We paid taxes like the rest of y'all, so we would like it if our tax money would go to help us out in a time of need. Even if our Governor mentioned we succeed, so what? We have that right, it hasn't happened , so we still should get some help.

www.kxan.com...

AUSTIN (KXAN) - As wildfires continue to wreak havoc across Texas, Gov. Rick Perry is criticizing the Obama administration for its denial late Tuesday of the state’s request for a federal Major Disaster Declaration to assist with the ongoing wildfire season, which has burned more than 2.2 million acres.

Perry says he is "dismayed that this administration has denied Texans the much needed assistance they deserve. It is not only the obligation of the federal government, but its responsibility under law to help its citizens in times of emergency."

Since the wildfire season began in November 2010, Texas has responded to more than 9,000 fires across the state that have destroyed or damaged more than 400 homes.

Most areas of the state are in an extreme drought, some are even in an exceptional drought, and 210 counties of the 254 are under a burn ban.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the money isnt available then what can you do?

But then there should still be someone to blame for there being no money available but you cant blame one man alone.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
If the money isnt available then what can you do?

But then there should still be someone to blame for there being no money available but you cant blame one man alone.

Or one administration.

2nd Line

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They diverted all of that money to "Bust Your Head Open" Foundation.

Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Don't be suprised. A majority of the states detest texas and its people. All they see is the cliches, and the moronic rhetoric of those who represent us politically. While it does make me sad and sometimes angry, I can't really blame the rest of the country. It is how we are portrayed in the media, movies, and just generally speaking. Donmt get me wrong, there are plenty here who live up to the stereotype, but there are just as many that don't fit the mold. If we get no help, so. be it. We will manage. It is stolen money our governor is asking for anyway

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is all politics, Obama can't win Texas in the next election so he wont help, it's rediculous. My whole family lives in Texas and they say it's so bad that even the slightest spark is burning down whole ranches.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

What ever you guys do don't pour the water from the gulf on it.

edit on 4-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

join