It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meteorite hits a farm in poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
done a search could not find anything

A meteorite weighing about a kilogramme smashed into the roof of a Masurian agro-tourism farm

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I did find this on a polish news website. The object was the size of a fist. Link to story in PL : polskalokalna.pl...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They don't mention this in the description on RSOE EDIS, but I wonder if it has anything to do with this. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently we are about to pass through the orbit of Haley's Comet and will have a meteor shower from debris it left behind.

The meteorite, the biggest piece of which is about the size of a human fist, has also caused a stir in the Polish scientific community as it is the first planetoid fragment in 17 years to be recovered immediately after its fall to Earth.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lucky farmer, some of those things are worth a small fortune.

i wonder how big it was when it entered the earths atmosphere.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I could only wish something like this to happen to my roof! Great news about the meteor shower and looking forward to that... I just loooove our universe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
lucky farmer, some of those things are worth a small fortune.

i wonder how big it was when it entered the earths atmosphere.

That, sir, is what she said.
*drops mic*

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
very cool!

The last one hit in Warszawa and weighed in over 15 kg apparently... imagine that falling on your head! ouch!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

How many Pollocks does it take to ............... never mind this is way to easy

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

no offense but

what the heck are you talking about

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
wonder if any more will drop!

May 6th before dawn: The Eta Aquarid Meteor Shower Aquarids The Eta Aquarid Meteor Shower Image:Stellarium/IM Looking East-Southeast well before dawn on the morning of May 6th and given a good low horizon in that direction you should be able to spot some of the meteors that are part of the Eta Aquarid meteor shower. As it is just a few days after new Moon there will be no moonlight to hide the ~25 meteors per hour that may be seen from our northerly latitude. The Eta Aquarids result from dust particles that have been released from Comet Halley as it nears the Sun forming its "Dust Tail".

SOURCE

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Pollock? What? Trying to be funny I guess.. Oh well.

Cheers from Poland m8ties!

new topics

join