It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Money Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As I sit here typing this messgae at my best friend's boss' "palacial estate," with an outdoor deck the size of 2 average homes overlooking a lake at sunset...I begin to wonder what my fellow members views are on the mega-wealthy and their abilities to influence situations instantly; whereas we "common-folk" pretty much have to strive our entire lives to influence just one event.

Does our one struggle outweigh their many? Does knowing someone wealthy make it easier for the average citizen to be heard? What lines become blurred when discussing campaign finance reform and the mega-wealthy's generosity?

Just some questions to get things going - I'd love to hear your comments

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Great question. I don't have the answer, but do have another question(or two), which is probably relevant!

Politicians, and business owners, have something in common. They both have successfully influenced people to believe in them, and support them, and that is what got them to the position they are in. Both at some point had to persuade lots of other smart people to have faith in them.

Questions :
How much as this "similarity" contributed to their apparent attraction to each other?
On what level do they feel they are either "using" each other, or "cooperating" with each other?
How much faith do top politicians really have in big business, and of course, vice versa?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Those are some great points and questions muppet! Maybe we can get some feedback...

I'd also like to share a little experience I just had - Went to my favorite sushi place tonight and meet some friends of some friends...you know how that usually goes - lol - This guy I met was really nice, but would have an in-depth comment on every subject we brought up - somehow he made the claim of either being there when it happened or knowing someone who was....I could go into details but I won't....short and simple, he's what I like to call a "chameleon"

You bring something up and chances are they've done their homework enough on recent issues to blend right in and act like an authority, faking experience that most people cannot readily confirm.....I bet there are plenty of people out there who hae made their fortunes on this very platform and when they get the power they've been seeking they can only sit back and watch the people who get paid half their salary or less do the real work while they get the credit for it - sp even if you do have those connections...what does it matter when you're just the work-horse for a totally adverse cause!?!

Most people who employee these techinques in a "non -profit" setting are people who fake military service for sympathy, respect and discounts - I say this is a lucrative business in politics and it makes for an excellent example of families like the Bush's teaching their little kids to do just the same....But that's just my persepective

Who thinks otherwise?....Comments on other questions posed in this thread?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This weekend I went camping at one of the several other homes owned by the person I mentioned above...

Me and my friends are driving our brigade of vehicles down the streets and we turn off of a main road onto a side road with small houses, broken down cars in the front yards, trash all over the place...really, it was a southern slum filled with "the real people" feeling "the real" economic woes of our economy....

And the road dead ends into a large and elustrious gated pin-code fence - the entrance to their 450 acre sod farm...

And I was silent, but with a grin of disbelief at the sight I was seeing....the audacity!

Nonetheless...after racing across the pallets of sod with my friends at incredibly high speeds and isolating ourselves in the middle of nowhere in a beautiful camp site, I chose to put aside those feelings, for I was in need of a good vacation...

But now that I've had time to reflect on my trip, I just had to share that - and I figured, why not perhaps breathe some new life into this old thread...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just preaching to the choir...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

top topics

join