It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse did NOT watch BIn Laden killing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Yes that is correct, as a 30 year industry veteran,

And I thank you for your contribution to this great nation

However, help covering up it's misdeeds is a whole
nother ball game

Not sure if youare being cynical or not, hard to tell with you. But FOR THE RECORD: I am a video industry veteran, NOT a military veteran. I don't want my words misconstrued in ANY manner about that. My late father was a military veteran, but I was just a military brat and although was offered Air Force scholarship declined to pursue my current vocation.

A decision I sometimes regret.

Granted, no system of government nor person place or thing is perfect. But America and Americans in general have pretty admirable ideals / goals for the most part. But if I lived in Spain or Germany or France I'd probably feel the same way.

Humans, by nature, tend to cling to nationalistic pride as a way of self actualization/validation. I'm at least smart enough to realize that much.

edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: but apparently not smart enough to properly encode emoticon...LOL

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
I've searched all over but I can't see anyone posting this story, apologies if someone has. It was just reported on BBC news that the Whitehouse did not watch the operation on the compound in Pakistan. The live feed went off when they got in the buliding

It's on the telegraph site too :

14.50 Yet another backtrack and change of tune from the White House has emerged over the fact that Obama did NOT watch the raid live and did not see the moment Osama bin Laden was shot dead. In fact the video feed stopped before US special forces stormed bin Laden's hideaway. The White House originally said that President Obama and Hillary Clinton watched the raid as it happened and in effect encouraged the world's media to report that they had watched "the drama unfold".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This story has more holes than 9/11 now, just what are they working up to

Perhaps they did it for plausible denial issues.
If they watched and it wasnt osama bin laden, they can claim they didnt see what happened and there for deny everything until blue in the face. However, if they saw Special Forces killing women children, then grabbing a body which is decomposing (dead bin ladin), well then they just watched special forces killing innocents and stealing a dead body... which is what they probably did. Its all to protect their pathetic incompetent ass's

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I totally accept that the White house spokesmen never said outright 'Yes we watched Osama Shot', thanks for the videos that show that everybody

I think the most important thing going on here (and what has outraged me most) is that someone has blatantly given us the impression they did.

The situation room photo spoke a thousand words and John Brennan's words seemed fully to support that illusion, when he gave his briefing. The White house were happy to let the media get the wrong idea. I'm sure that was their plan.

Does anyone remember the front pages of the news papers on 9/11? There were photos of something like 20 'hijackers' and scary headlines about the attack.

It doesn't matter that 90% of those people were not hijackers, some of them were dead, in Australia at the time, misidentified etc. What matters is the emotional power the image had and that it stuck in peolple's minds.

Most people are affected emotionally by such visual information, they won't check the facts afterwards. In 9/11 the photos helped instill a deep fear of a terrorist threat using the faces to make it 'real'. Earlier this week the situation room photo worked to convince many people that the president watched Bin Laden Killed....and therefore that this charade was real.

Right on!
If I could give more stars I would!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

My comment there was...show me where official sources ever said they watched it live.

Did anyone in an official statement ever say they watched in real time? Or was that an assumption on some reporter or writers' part?

5/2/11 - The day after Obama's Sunday night announcement.

8:05

To my memory somewhere in the vid they ask him futher questions on how they were able to montior it real time and he said no comment and everybody laughed, but I can't find the exact time.

edit on 5-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

no it doesnt, the holes are illusions you want them to be real to make obama look bad because he's black/democrat.

It all revolves around him being black and "Liberal", even if he acts like a Conservative.

Come Off it... surely that is sarcasm?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Ah. Thanks very much, again, as in the other thread.. This could be one source. The question was pretty broad and the answer was a general "we," which is a mighty big we if we include Panetta who was offsite and relaying, and various other commanders and team members, and "were able to monitor," which can include a vast array of methods. Was not specific to those in the room with the president. I would not interpret from this that it meant "the president and the people with him were watching it live as it happened," but I can see where some might interpret it differently.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

no it doesnt, the holes are illusions you want them to be real to make obama look bad because he's black/democrat.

It all revolves around him being black and "Liberal", even if he acts like a Conservative.

Oh please! Stop it with the black/white, conservative/liberal bs. The racist thing doesn't work anymore.

yes it does... billboards showing monkeys, and the baby monkey having Obama's face?
Please stop fooling yourselves. Most of you are racist, deal with it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

Oh please! Stop it with the black/white, conservative/liberal bs. The racist thing doesn't work anymore.

yes it does... billboards showing monkeys, and the baby monkey having Obama's face?
Please stop fooling yourselves. Most of you are racist, deal with it.

I'm Not a Racist.. and how dare you call me one

i believe we have the right to disagree with anyone...

either you are too simple minded to think for yourself and because the media has jumped on the 'Race Issue' band wagon you automatically believe it..

or you are too simple minded to realize that people can dislike people for other reasons then race... in fact 'You' are putting more importance on race then many others

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join