It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse did NOT watch BIn Laden killing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

The Vid says unavailable in my Country (Canada)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

I dont know how to help you. Maybe google the guys name and Piers morgan and see if there is anything available for you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
FACT CHECK REQUEST FROM OP (OR OTHERS)

Please provide LINK / SOURCE to illustrate ANY CLAIM where THE WHITEHOUSE stated they watched OBL killing live on video. I am about to DEBUNK THAT CLAIM BEYOND ANY DOUBT.

I believe people are confusing the widely circulate image and inferring that is what they are watching. I am presenting a STRONG SOURCE (someone that was IN THE ROOM) Denis McDonough Deputy National Security Advisor to the President who WAS EMPHATIC when Lawrence O'Donell said they watched it. HE WAS QUICK to correct Lawrence O'Donnell. Start @ 9:10.....at 10:40 Mr. McDonough CLARIFIES that false assertion. "I didn't say we were watching video in the situation room."

www.msnbc.msn.com...
(Note page takes a moment to load and you have to watch :30 TV Spot first.......sorry.)

Hat tip to Lucidity who has also requested a source.
Ignored

edit on 4-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Its funny how when it suits them theyre happy to give out pictures, (the now infamous one of them watching the raid), but wont give out pictures of dead usama, you d think theyd be proud to show off theyre kill, this whole usama things has got more holes in it than an exploding emmental factory.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Apparently your husband isn't an optometrist.

This thread is about whether they were watching the video live or not in the Situation Room.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Here's one: Tension as White House Situation Room watched raid

WASHINGTON – From halfway around the world, President Barack Obama and his national security team monitored the strike on Osama bin Laden's compound in real time, watching and listening to the firefight that killed the terrorist leader.

Brennan said he would not reveal details "about what types of visuals we had or what type of feeds that were there but it was ” it gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis." Typically, members of the Navy SEAL team that conducted the operation wear helmet cameras that transmit sound and video to their operation centers and that data can be fed live to the White House and Pentagon.

edit on 5-5-2011 by boniknik because: corrected the link

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

Thank you for the benefit of your reply. I sincerely appreciate it.

However you must admit NEITHER quote definitively corroborates the claim the watched OBL killed. They were monitoring the on going situation and the quote by Brennan matches the quote by McDonough that I provided that SPECIFICALLY casts doubt n the claim. If anything the 2nd quote lends credibility that they did not in my book.

But I am grateful for your reply as it illustrates how people often "read between the lines."

In short, there are TWO people IN THE ROOM who are emphatic not to confirm they watched video....TWO.

edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I totally accept that the White house spokesmen never said outright 'Yes we watched Osama Shot', thanks for the videos that show that everybody

I think the most important thing going on here (and what has outraged me most) is that someone has blatantly given us the impression they did.

The situation room photo spoke a thousand words and John Brennan's words seemed fully to support that illusion, when he gave his briefing. The White house were happy to let the media get the wrong idea. I'm sure that was their plan.

Does anyone remember the front pages of the news papers on 9/11? There were photos of something like 20 'hijackers' and scary headlines about the attack.

It doesn't matter that 90% of those people were not hijackers, some of them were dead, in Australia at the time, misidentified etc. What matters is the emotional power the image had and that it stuck in peolple's minds.

Most people are affected emotionally by such visual information, they won't check the facts afterwards. In 9/11 the photos helped instill a deep fear of a terrorist threat using the faces to make it 'real'. Earlier this week the situation room photo worked to convince many people that the president watched Bin Laden Killed....and therefore that this charade was real.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I have to agree. This is getting ridiculous very quickly.

folks, come on put ur thinking caps on.

This is totally by design of the CIA and Obama
Administration.

They knew that their OS was gonna be questioned
just like the 9/11 report. So how do you get around
having the OS debunked???

You have no official story at all !!!!!

You have varying degrees of it, so no consensus
OS can be determined. Therefore, it cannot be debunked
as each varying degree has different details.

Very clever on the part of the CIA

I'll give them credit on that one.
Brilliant idea.

However, having no OS at all
leaves a total lack of credibility
on their part.

So their options were:

Look incompetent or
Look untrustworthy

and they went with untrustworthy.

however, the scheme can be figured out

and we as sheeple are doing exactly what
they want us to do. Fight over the details
of the varying degrees. Look at all the different
threads on ATS with all the different stories
being leaked. They are being leaked
intentionally to serve the total Psy-Op
agenda.

unfortunately for them, there are some who are
just as clever to figure it out

edit on 5/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I have to agree. This is getting ridiculous very quickly.

This is totally by design of the CIA and Obama
Administration.

They knew that their OS was gonna be questioned
just like the 9/11 report. So how do you get around
having the OS debunked???

You have no official story at all !!!!!

You have varying degrees of it, so no consensus
OS can be determined. Therefore, it cannot be debunked
as each varying degree has different details.

Brilliant idea.

However, having no OS at all
leaves a total lack of credibility
on their part.

So their options were:

Look incompetent or
Look untrustworthy

and they went with untrustworthy.

edit on 5/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

I agree, obfuscation is the name of the game. I didn't mean this thread to focus on what exact words the white house said.

The important thing to pay attention to is the confusion that accompanies this story, it's deliberate intentional confusion so that it's harder to unravel the story.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Translation: tin foil hats

Brilliant idea.

Agreed. I'm grateful the agency in charge of National Security is clever. That makes me feel safe at night and proud of America rather than skeptical and ungrrateful as others.

Just like how Obama is a hybrid alien/human or why your internet was wonky for an hour......fascinating.

To be clear, I 'd reckon there was telemetry, satellite imagery, night vision etc. In the ensuing chaos and mayhem it is reasonable to expect there were lapses in live coverage from halfway around the world as often happens on satellite feeds during TV telecasts or as happened to your internet connection Boon.

My Internet shut down twice in 1 hour

Hilarious.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

what's the matter?
Are you upset the scheme
got figured out in less than 48 hrs???
hahahahaha

go ahead and attack me all you want.
Add it to my dossier you have on ur desk
as well.
I would be highly disappointed
if you didn't.

ur connections to a boss who has direct contact
with someone in the viewing room of the raid
makes you highly suspect as well since we're
placing labels now. I would expect you to take
this position given your vocation.

As far as the OP, star and flag for the thread
as I find it vewy vewy interesting. It also brings
out loyalties as well

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I usually don't find myself agreeing with many of the posts I see of yours, boon, but I think you've hit the nail on the head here.
Water the story down enough with different accounts and eventually it becomes so murky that it's near-indistinguishable.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I would expect you to take
this position given your vocation.

Yes that is correct, as a 30 year industry veteran, I understand video and live TV and know it is prone to glitches, dropouts, signal loss and interruptions. Hence confirming the plausibility that they DIDN'T actually witness the exact moment OBL met his maker.

You tend to find conspiracy in seemingly minor everyday occurrences like your silly internet dropout thread. God forbid you sneeze, we might see a thread on airborne diseases.

To add, this was a tactical operation to take out OBL. This WAS NOT a drug bust. You guys have been watching too many COPS shows with SWAT teams. The NAVY Seals mean business and I applaud their bravery and courage to rid the world of this scourge of evil and enemy of freedom. If OBL wanted to surrender he had ample opportunity while we hunted him for last decade and whether he was unarmed or put his hands up too freakin' bad. I care not.

I am satisfied he is dead and it is INCONSEQUENTIAL to me whether someone watched it or not on live TV. He's sleeping with the fishes now, just ask Sponge Bob since you enjoy fantasy so much.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Yes that is correct, as a 30 year industry veteran,

And I thank you for your contribution to this great nation

However, help covering up it's misdeeds is a whole
nother ball game

You tend to find conspiracy in seemingly minor everyday occurrences like your silly internet dropout thread. God forbid you sneeze, we might see a thread on airborne diseases.

There are conspiracies in a lot of our everyday lives.
Like mind programming through TV. Like Chemtrails.
Like MK-ULTRA. Like man-made UFO's. Thus,
conspiracy theories exist because the gov lies
about them.

To add, this was a tactical operation to take out OBL. This WAS NOT a drug bust. You guys have been watching too many COPS shows with SWAT teams. The NAVY Seals mean business and I applaud their bravery and courage for riding the world of this scourge of evil and enemy of freedom. If OBL wanted to surrender he had ample opportunity whether he was armed or put his hands up too freakin' bad.

I do applaud our men and women in uniform
and also our members of government.
However, when they lie to the public
for a secret agenda, it becomes worth
investigating as to WHY.

I am satisfied he is dead and it is INCONSEQUENTIAL to me whether someone watched it or not. He's sleeping with the fishes now, just ask Sponge Bob since you enjoy fantasy so much.

I agree with ya here. I also believe OBL is dead.
But I do NOT believe (currently) that he was
killed last week in Abbottabad Pakistan.

And just for clarification, I have never watched
sponge-bob. I do not even have TV reception in my home.
I am too poor to afford such a luxury as cable
or satellite TV. The FCC eliminated me from having
TV when they passed legislation only allowing
digital reception and pulled the plug on the analog
signals.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Now hang on a sec. Who is assuming they played a game? That the media made it out to be "they watched it live" is not necessarily their fault. After the media did that they issued statements clarifying that it was time delayed so that the media go that word out. And the readers may never catch the update/clarification.

Three way blame here, people. Them, the media, us. We all share in it!

But hey...too late...the falseness in the collective consciousness and here we are wasting time over it, further injecting more falseness into the consciousness of those who read this.

So interesting how this works. Way too much leaping to assign blame and rushing to judgment here for my taste.

However, you're right...whoever does it...issues an unclear statement (them), communicates the statement with embellishment and assumption (the media), or us (reads it and never checks for updates), the damage is done.

Just another small, if relatively insignificant, example of how this happens. But pile enough of these relatively insignificant false "facts" and we all know the results...confusion, decisions and support based on false assumptions, killing people, and wars.

But once again...the blame is SHARED three ways.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well to me it makes more sense if they made Obama believe they were going in to kill him but just show him a fake op. the less he knows the less chance anything will ever leak,

higher powers at be or whatever you want to think

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991
Well to me it makes more sense if they made Obama believe they were going in to kill him but just show him a fake op. the less he knows the less chance anything will ever leak,
higher powers at be or whatever you want to think

you do not leave a half burned piece
of experimental aircraft at the site
of the raid just to make an internal
Psy-Op on a presidential cabinet.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

KK, c'mon.

They totally implied it, with speculation on whether or not the "video and photos" would be released.

If you arent busted flat lying but you ARE busted implying strongly something that isnt true what is the difference besides in the latter scenario you have covered your own butt in case someone catches you? The intent is the same, to mislead the public. And please dont tell me they could not have made clear, CLEAR from the get go there was no visual. The photo with Hillary with her eyes bugged out and hand over her mouth as if she were watching someone die, c'mon, Obama looking steely, and determined.

Propaganda. Intended to mislead, and you want to give them brownie points because they were clever enough to build in plausible deniability in the event we caught on.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Sorry I did not clarify I like to call MAINSTREAM MEDIA the msm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join