It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery animal in Rochester puzzles experts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalWisdom

This looks too small for a capybara. They can get up to 145 lbs. (females) and besides, how did it get to Rochester NY from South America?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I live near Rochester, it's a hairless squirrel, maybe with mange or something else. The city squirrels look and act more rat like than woodland grey squirrels, they even chew through thick rubbermaid garbage cans to eat the garbage. Here's a link to a Yahoo image search for bald squirrels, EXTREMELY similiar: images.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0PDoS8igMFN6FsAA6eJzbkF?p=bald+squirrels&fr=slv8-tyc7&ei=utf-8&x=wrt City squirrels are not afraid of people, mainly because they can be really nasty (Ask anyone that lives inside the city of Rochester, N.Y.). I'm not surprized the D & C printed the story,,,they are the only Newpaper in the city, and soon to be out of business.

reply to post by Vandalour

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

My cat "Mia" kicks woodchuck arse in my back yard on a daily basis! i really should tape it and post it here for you guys... it is indeed VERY humerus

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libran1

I'd love to see that! That must be some cat. I had a dog that used to bring home half a woodchuck lots of times, but none of the cats ever tangled with 'em as far as I know. But on topic, I think that thing looked a little big to be a squirrel, but I could be wrong. It's hard to tell, really, only the lattice in the pic can be used for reference.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks like this they found in China last year. DNA test never was made public as far as I was ever able to find

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, i dont think is a capybara, the legs looks wrong to me and i had eaten capybara so i think i can identify one

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This animal looks to be a guinea pig with an advanced case of mange. If not that, then a large hamster with mange.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Maybe a Naked Mole Rat Pic, sub species. Teeth don't match the mole rat though. Wish there were data on it and more clear pics.
Just doesn't have the ears or back legs of a cavy.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Just a rodent, probably a hairless rat. My neighbor has one thing looks weird like that but obeys commands.

And feels weird.

Anyways, someone probably realized it makes a stupid pet. Could be a diseased or sick rat or just dirty.

You dirty rat, You killed my brother.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Chesster because: Because the CIA made me.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
either a rat or one of those ugly hairless cats pulling a stupid face lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I live in Rochester, NY and I can tell you there have been strange sightings all over the Rochester and Greater Rochester, NY area. In the past 5-10 years there have been many sightings of a mountain lion walking around, which is VERY uncommon in the geographical area in which Rochester lies. There have been sightings of tropical fish in the Erie, Canal and many others. Although this species I believe is nothing special, probably just has a weird gene or disorder.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
RHINO !

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Your link doesn't work. I tried to go to see the original photo and got

Unfortunately, that page could not be found.

I even tried to search but got no results.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"it shows no fear of humans"

Then why can they not get better pictures? Simple things like that always make me thing something is wrong when I read it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's a nutria.

Sorry for the one liner. I can't think of anything else to say.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join