It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 7 in U.S. Receive Food Stamps.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
As it has been stated before,

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.....

I remember seeing that saying in grade school with a picture of a Indian (That's what they were called back then before Native American) showing a pilgrim how to fish. Later on when I went to junior highschool I realized the saying should have been, give a man a fish and he eats for one day, teach a man how to fish and man no longer needs you anymore and looks at your land .

edit on 5-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We honestly quit grocery shopping around the first even though it is when I get my commission check and my wif get's her monthly check for a couple of reasons. The first is that the major grocer chains and wal-mart know that lots of folks get their EBT money between 1-3rd of the month and raise prices. If you can hold out to the middle of the month to buy groceries you can save $10-$30 dollars on a months groceries. The second is it really pisses me off when I see a 19year old with three kids, no wedding ring ( I'll guess that the kids each have different daddies) in front of me in the checkout line with all brand name items, high priced meats, no coupons, and a lot of attitude. We've gone pretty much all store brand for our groceries that aren't fresh to be able to afford childcare for my youngest and private school for my oldest.

Just yesterday I stopped by Kroger to get some necessities till the big run. The guy in from of me got buffalo meat, T-Bones and some other meats and whipped out the EBT card. He had enough gold on him to make a pimp jealous and a watch that a successful used car dealer would envy. I was out the door right behind him because I only had a couple of items. Guess what kind of car he was driving? Cadillac Escalade.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I went to the grocery store last week, and to my shock and complete horror, I swear to you I saw 4, that's correct 4, ears of corn for 4.99. I almost pooped my pants. I then began to notice other veggies were pretty ridiculous too. If I were on food stamps I probably would buy crap too, given this choice. Yes I could go to the farmers market, but that is quite a distance a way, and do they even accept food stamps. If the person didn't have transportation, they would be stuck. I shutter to think if a grocery store isn't within walking distance...convenience store prices should be a crime. And where I live they are on every corner, and they take food stamps of course.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

i like the store where i live they only take 5% extra not the avrage 25% you get at macks or Shoppers drug mart.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join