It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else pissed that Harper won?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
(Standings: As of early Tuesday morning, these were the results for elected or leading ridings (numbers in brackets represent Parliament before the election writ dropped):

•Conservatives: 166 ridings (143)
•NDP: 102 ridings (36)
•Liberals: 35 (77)
•Bloc Quebecois: 4 (47)
•Green: 1
To secure a majority government, 155 of 308 seats are needed. )

"For our part, we are intensely aware that we are and we must be the government of all Canadians, including those who did not vote for us," Harper said in his acceptance speech in Calgary after winning a majority government.

"Canadians have chosen hope, a united Canada, a strong Canada. We must be the government of all Canadians, including those that did not vote for us. We shall be faithful to the trust that you have proposed in us." Haprer said in his speach.

I want a government FOR the people not OF the people! so many people say this yet no officals listen!

"We shall be faithful to the trust you have reposed in us," the Conservative leader declared.

In his speech, Harper also promised "comprehensive measures to reduce crime and make our streets and neighbourhoods safer".

here he is be ignorant and taking it that all canadians wanted him back in parlement; he should be saying "thank you to the ones who are faithful in us and for those who were not i apoligise." or something to those measures.
My feelings on harper is that he thinks hes our Pack leader, but he is not he is the one who is suposed to listen to what we want and make that hapen because he knows how to deal with multipul nations and parties within his own county and others to make the things the citizens want to hapen...hapen. If we speak up they have to listen! its hapened in the past and so many people i know that dont care for the government anymore and used to know people in it or were in it themselves know that we the citizens have more power than we are told. I for one also am pissed about a treaty that Haprer and Obama aparently signed that is going to pretty much "Disolve the border" under the U.N.A "United Northern Americas" WHO WOULD AGREE TO THIS! I for one know alot of americans who dont want to be part of canada and *personaly i like being "canadian"* alot of canadians wouldnt want to be part of America. I realy just want harper to step down or be a government for the people instead of this "controlling a country" crap.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Let me just say i know absolutely nothing about Canadian politics, but do you really think it makes a difference who gets elected?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Big time pissed, my friend. I was hoping for anything BUT a Conservative majority.

I just hope all this talk of him attempting to bring the NAU is rubbish.

I know we are still part of the British Commonwealth and would need the support of the Queen ( through the Governor General) as well as a majority vote in parliament. But the Queen was down with the EU, so I dont see that part being the big burster of the NAU's bubble.

At least now we will see him enact those policies so if he screws up he'll end up like Douchesepp and Ignoramusatieff and we can oust the Conservatives from majority

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Very much so. The Green Party's government would look very different from most political landscapes.

Nevermind the Marijuana Party ( no. Not kidding!)

Not to say MOST are not crooked elistist eugenics-loving idol-worshippers, but having more than two parties makes it a BIT harder for the globalists

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Probably everyone who didn't vote for him. That's how elections work, one person loses and one person wins.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

I do agree with you. And I don't know of any body who voted for Harper. Unless they're embarrassed that they did and don't want to admit to it. He's so in bed with the Americans it borders on the perverted. It's like sleeping with your cousin or something.
And about deluding the border, if that ever happens, the sh!t will hit the fan in a major way. People need to wake up for pete's sake. What is it gonna take for the people to see what happening to the world right now. When I heard the news that Harper was elected, I felt a little queezy to tewll you the truth. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Same with the Osama death. Something fishy is going on and I would love to know what it is.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

No, one person wins and the public loses.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm pissed. I feel the same. I don't like any of our choices, but a Conservative majority is bad news for Canadians. I would have preferred a Conservative minority so they can all keep each other in check. Now Harper has the go ahead to continue his NAU/NWO agenda and most Canadians are too blind to see it. What makes me even more pissed, is that as it will happen, people will say how good a job he is doing

It sucks to see my fellow citizens do the equivalent of voting George Bush in twice. I used to tease my American friends for doing this, now I have no room to talk

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I blame HAARP or.. uhh wait..

Never mind...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Big time pissed, my friend. I was hoping for anything BUT a Conservative majority.

Ditto, though i did get my "if the worst happens" clause, NDP is the opposition party, Harper is not going to get an easy ride these next 4 years.

but this is crap, barely half of Canadians voted.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yes and realy i know nearly every inch of the city i live by and i saw only 4 cons. Signs in the ENTIRE city so...Kingston didnt vote for him thats like 17k people...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
WOW i just found out something my mother heard him say last year that he wanted to put Wi-Fi on CITY buses aswell as Trans-canada buses. Trans-Canada buses like from ottawa to toronto SURE but city buses? waist In my opinion. Why not just put them in telephone poles or the Bus STOPS so if u have your lap-top and you have to wait 20 min you can sit and go on the internet for a bit! not on the bus where youll be siting for 5 min and wanting to pay attention to the stops.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

The Man wants people to spend as much time in virtual worlds as possible.

If people spent all that time in reality, there could be trouble.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Because we would realize he is screwing us and that this world isnt as stable as they want us to think.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm very pissed.

I'm also pretty choked at the fact that they wouldn't let Elizabeth May into the debate. She has more right to be there than that Bloc idiot, considering he only represents the separatists of Quebec and can't even run for Prime Minister.

The only reason they didn't let her join was because she made them all look very stupid in the last debate not to mention that they knew if she participated in this one she would have won way more seats.

edit on 4-5-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Welcome to AmeriCanada.

Please fasten your seatbelts and lower your tray tables, we're heading into some serious air turbulence.

Thank you for your patronage.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Mark me and the majority of everyone I know in the pissed department. I assure you that is a lot of people from all over Ontario in many age groups.

And I go to college in which I noticed most people I over hear were voting NDP or hating Harper which means not voting Con.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I couldnt agree more, we're slowly losing our country to a totalitarian madman. The fact that we actually brought him in for a MAJORITY is appalling, he used scare tactics to convince people that giving NDP any power would be a bad idea because they are "inexperienced". And people listened! Jacky boy has been there forever, he's watched all the retards go through power, I'd sooner trust him to know what NOT to do more than putting Senor Childmolestero in charge of our choices!

Positive Note-

Harper wants to get rid of gun registration in Canada. Go right ahead Steve, we'll see how that goes for you

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Harper

bring back Jean Chretien sti

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The media has shaped a generation of hive minded safety obsessed materialists. Free thought makes them uncomfortable so they stick with the script.
Harper is the poster boy for these wussy sheep who want to ensure a high standing in the matrix.

I'm the nightmare who thinks in the night embracing the raw truth excepting its challenge. It is the only way to the creator of this miracle I swim in.

I don't hate the conservative voters they are awakening something in me. Love is my party and the love of truth is my sword. GAME ON
edit on 4-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: grammer

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join