It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Huskies slaughtered in Canada because tour group over estimated demand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is just sickening!!!!!!

An employee of a canadian tour company was asked to take 100 dogs (1/3 of the tour groups total) out into the woods and kill them due to the fact that tourists at the winter Olympics werent taking up a sled tour offer as much as anticipated.

First off how could any human in their right mind kill 100 healthy dogs (some with a knife) and still function?
The article says he has since been compensated for "post traumatic stress" but I think the sick fecker should be strung up.

He was forced to kill them after a vet refused to euthanise them as they were all healthy and homes couldnt be found for them.

My question is even if demand had of been high enough to justify that many dogs during the Olympics what was the plan afterwards?? This would have been done by the company sooner or later regardless!!! If based only on the fact this company didnt have a plan to rehome or take care of these dogs it should be closed down.

I know some people here are going to say "their only animals, theres bigger things to worry about"
I disagree, the fact that a human could look into another creatures eyes see its fear and confusion and then step on it to hold it down and slit its throat is a testament to whats wrong with the world today, We lack any sort of Empathy or understanding for the beings we share this earth with Human or otherwise.

If a person can be convinced to do this over a seasonal job what chance do we have of convincing the general public we need to be worried about mass extinctions that are happening 1000's of miles away and arent a result of human hands directly (by this I mean human pulling a trigger or holding a knife)

Hearing about things like this makes me worry more for humanity than stuff about wars or politics.

The company (howling dog tours) needs to be shut down and its owner operators thrown in jail, how did they even get a license to work with animals in the first place.

Full article

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeah that's quite normal. Especially when they had the winter olympics and other major events. They can't find them homes and that is what happens with pet animals. It used to happen with pet stores also when they couldn't sell the puppies or kittens, they would euthanize them. I don't know if that has changed.

By the way I have a dog and a cat and that is the reason as to why I know about this.
edit on 4-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

In my opinion,I blame the vet who refused to euthanize
the dogs.
If he would have euthanized them they would not have
suffered.
The owners of the dogs should be held accountable for
these senseless deaths.The employee who carried out
this horrible deed had to be treated for stress,he didn't
want to do it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to my attention as I was not aware. I have just sent the company hate mail and posted articles on Twitter and facebook - spread it around! Scumbags...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Dude I wanna smile and piss myself laughing at your avatar...... Fricken Awesome

But I wanna cry due to the fact that an obvious animal lover isnt disgusted by this!!!!
Did you read the article? how can you be so complacent?

Maybe I just need to chill but animal cruelty seriously gets to me

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Animals have no rights at all and until they do there is nothing we can do about this horror. People are sovereign and have eminent domain even though by every accounting the animals were here first. I would sign a bill where if someone abuses an animal or kills one for any other reason than to end suffering they should do jail time.

I know some people here are going to say "their only animals, theres bigger things to worry about" I disagree, the fact that a human could look into another creatures eyes see its fear and confusion and then step on it to hold it down and slit its throat is a testament to whats wrong with the world today, We lack any sort of Empathy or understanding for the beings we share this earth with Human or otherwise.

Absolutely true!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
Ghandi

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members ; the last, the least, the littlest."
Cardinal Roger Mahony
edit on 4-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I just found this and wanted to let you know
there are 2 companies with the name howling dog tours...
www.howlingdogtours.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

He didnt want to but he still did, IMO that makes him sick in the head!!!!!
Seriously people can say no and Im sure if he was worried about job security if he was fired he coulda sued there asses for unfair dismissal or whatever the equivalent is in Canada.

How can you blame the vet? Your saying he should have killed 100 healthy animals coz a tour group farked up?
If the tour group didnt have a plan for the dogs once demand after the Olympics died down they are 100% responsible,
maybe if the employee had of told the vet he was going to have to slit their throats in front of the other dogs he might of done it but I would like to think he would have called the RSPCA or the Cops or something

I dont mean to come across as confrontational as I assume from the fact your on this thread and also ur avatar you are also an animal lover but I ask you the same question I did to the post above yours

How can you be so complacent?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Is that the company (link offered above) that was responsible for this slaughter?
Will it be possible to post the correct link for the perps so we can identify them and complain through all the avenues available to us? Letters of complaints, threats to boycott, pleas for humane treatment of their animals. If they would kill dogs this easily I don't imagine the rest of the pack has life all that good with them either. Thanks for that if possible.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Cheers dude, Ive done the same.

BTW I been meaning to track you down and say thanks, your avatar inspired mine
We are a shining beacon of light to world, we care about our animals so much we even protect them from the aliens who are trying to control their minds, no one else seems to care

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Ghandi

Cheers dude was trying to remember the exact wording and who said this to reference in the thread

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I just checked that link and this is what it says

Please note, we are not the Whistler sled dog company currently being reported in the media for the alleged inhumane slaughtering of 100 sled dogs. We deplore those actions and were totally unaware of the incident until the media story broke on Monday, Jan. 31. The Whistler company was operating under a similar name to our company and hence the confusion. The Whistler company's name is "Howling Dog Tours Whistler Inc.". We operate as "Howling Dog Tours Ltd." and are located in Canmore, Alberta. "Howling Dog Tours Whistler Inc." does not have a website as far as we know. They were selling tours via this company www.adventureswhistler.com...

Ill be sending an email very shortly, I hope everyone else who cares can do the same

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I DO NOT CONDONE THE KILLING OF ANIMALS!
THE OWNERS WERE DETERMINED TO CULL THE
"HERD".IF THE VET WOULD HAVE EUTHANIZED
THE DOGS,THEY WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO
SUFFER.is this plain enough for you?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Once again I apologise if it seemed I was attacking you as I definately wasnt, but again I ask how can you be so complacent?
I get the impression from your post that "culling the herd" is acceptable to you.
I cant think of a situation off the top of my head but maybe there are circumstances where "culling the herd" is a nescessary evil but in this situation it seems like it was going to be the fate of the dogs anyway, the slow demand just meant it happened quicker.

These dogs were purchased, put to work to make some greedy feckers money and then were going to be killed!!!
Before they got the dogs there wasnt a plan in place and these people obviously didnt give a sh!t about these animals.
That apart from the description of the slaughter is the really sad part to me

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I will try to explain to you again

The OWNERS were determined to cull the herd.
I DO NOT CONDONE the killing of animals.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes - no aliens can read our thoughts! You should get confrontational about this as it is a confrontational topic and never make excuses or apologies for sticking up for the voiceless - EVER OK? I hope that company and everyone who did the wrong thing pay the price. Sounds nasty - but who cares? I mean they don't care... until now maybe when the s%&t is going to hit the fan!

ps. did see your cat pic previously.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by nahsik

Dude I wanna smile and piss myself laughing at your avatar...... Fricken Awesome

But I wanna cry due to the fact that an obvious animal lover isnt disgusted by this!!!!
Did you read the article? how can you be so complacent?

Maybe I just need to chill but animal cruelty seriously gets to me

Dude when I heard about this information I was in the same state as you. I was disgusted and I am disgusted now. My stance on this hasn't changed. They not just did this to the huskies, to the pets in the pet shops but also to the animals in the pound after a certain period of time has been spent on their stay.
I love my maltese and my shorthaired and my family can't understand how they been living their lives without them. If you want to make a difference, even if it is small ask people to support or adopt animals in the pound.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Thanks for that link I will do the same.

Was researching a famous Akita or husky I once read about and found these noteworthy animals just to refresh peoples memory of what type beast we are discussing the slaughter of here in this thread. If I had a choice to be accompanied by a dog or my fellow man on a long and arduous journey depending on the caliber of the company I will almost always choose the dog.

A Pilgrimage to Honor Hachiko, Japan's Most Faithful Dog

www.fabuloustravel.com... and also en.wikipedia.org... Each day "Hachi" would accompany Eisaburo, a professor at the Imperial University, to the train station when he left for work. Upon returning, the professor would find the dog patiently waiting, tail wagging. This happy routine continued until one fateful day in 1925, when the professor was taken ill on the job and unfortunately died before he could return home. Despite the fact that Hachiko was less than two years old at the time, the bond between dog and owner was strong. Hachiko continued to wait each day at Shibuya station for a friend who was never coming back. At times, he wouldn't return home for days at a stretch. The Akita became a familiar sight to commuters as he kept his vigil for over ten years. On March 8, 1935, Hachiko finally went to meet his master. He died on the very same spot he last saw his friend alive.

Alaska dog who led troopers to fire honored with award for heroic acts
www.examiner.com...

Buddy, the five-year-old German Shepherd dog who led an officer from the Alaska State Troopers to a blazing fire at his family's property, was honored at a press conference on Friday in recognition of his bravery and intelligence. The dog received a silver-plated dog bowl inscribed with a trooper badge, a giant rawhide bone and a letter describing Buddy's heroic actions. The incident caught national attention when video from the trooper's dashboard camera showed how Buddy led the trooper to the location of the fire, guiding the trooper in the correct direction at each intersection. "Normally, we honor our trained [police] canines," Col. Audie Holloway, head of the troopers, told reporters. "But Buddy is an untrained dog who for some reason recognized the severity of the situation and acted valiantly in getting help for his family."

From nasik above, truer words are not spoken:
If you want to make a difference, even if it is small ask people to support or adopt animals in the pound.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I've seen a movie based on that dog hachiko, it starred Richard Gere and it was told beautifully. Quite sad when the professor dies and the dog spends day in and day out waiting at the train yard for his master.
People who own cats and dogs need to treat their animals as family members.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

I don't think the main problem here is that the dogs were "put down". The problem lies with the brutality of it all and the fact they were tied up together and each had to watch it - where all the while they were upset and scared as they knew they were next. I mean that is just SICK! The part that he had to chase Suzi (the mother of his dog) to kill her made me vomit in my mouth and not to mention how terrified Suzi was because she knew EXACTLY what was happening. It was a Husky Holocost.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join