It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens on Earth: Macro pics of Praying Mantises & Bugs (awesome pics;take a OBL break!)

page: 1

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
I decided I needed to take a break from all the O.B.L Death threads and the alike. All the B.S. flowing from the White House is just too much to take sometimes.

So, tooling the web I go. And I found this piece. Just simply... Awesome. (You'll have to go to the main article to see all the pics-sorry BUT it's well worth it. Enjoy

A giant Malaysian shield praying mantis

praying mantis appears to dance or adopt a kung-fu pose in this picture captured by Igor Siwanowicz at his home studio in Munich, Germany

Now, this guy-Igor Siwanowicz-takes the photography of these little critters to the next and best level. Real Up Close & Personal. So, trust me on this-

Go to the aricle and enjoy the rest of his wonderful work(s). You won't be disappointed. And, take a deep look into the eyes of these things.

You will see that they are truly Aliens on Earth.

edit on 5/4/2011 by anon72 because: added the dam link!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for introducing a little "breather" into the situation! These are awesome!!

Is there a link to the article that I am overlooking?

edit on 5/4/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
reply to post by anon72

Can we have the link to the main article then please?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
reply to post by chaztekno

My bad. It's early yet.... and I got caught right back up in the OBL thing dam it.

Put it at the OP start thread also

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:08 AM
s&f, thanks for posting. Reminds me of the colorful rain forest bird dances. ow to see them in motion

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
WOW thats amazing photography,your right they have all got them alien/grays eyes lol...thx...dave

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
reply to post by anon72

S&F for you!

I had no idea that there

were so many different varieties of praying mantis.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
thank you! s&f

we do all need a break!

I love them! I actually looked into getting a praying mantis as a pet. yeh thats a bit weird. oh well! haha

ever since I was little I was told you cant kill one in PA as it is against the law. this is not true.

they are just so...awesome! and these pictures are amazing!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
reply to post by ladymerelda

That is too funny. I am from PA and I was always told the same thing about killing them.

Funny how parents saying/beliefs/scare tactics can work on a young mind.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
Man, its tough in the Obama got Osama realm today at ATS.

I think I will go back to up close looking of bugs.

I am pretty sure I won't be called a racist here... but you never know.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
reply to post by anon72

Good thread Buddy,a nice antidote to the you know what threads...

The guy who takes these has had an account on "deviant art" website for a good while,my Bro showed me a while back(an in fact it was Igoqs pics that made my Bro hunt down the same kind of macro lens he uses for the mantis pics.

Here is Igors page,with a ton of awesome macros on:

Well worth checking out,and not just mantis pics:

S/F Anon!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

No Sir, Thank you.

What a great post adding.

I will be looking at these tonight with the wife.

Good stuff. No amazing stuff

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
those creatures are amazing. I just caught one tonight, he was on the bed of my truck I wanted to check it out. Inspired me to learn more about them and where they come from.

I also found out when a pair of praying mantids mate, the female sometimes chomps off the male's head. Some scientists think that this source of food gives the female a boost of energy to produce her eggs.

edit on 13-10-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Good job there bud!
Looks like its smiling for the camera in picture 2.

Love those jaw mandibles they have-how cool would it be,you could pass your food up to the mandibles,and have both hands free to get a beer ready for after the food.
Or you could be preparing dessert while eating the first course with your mouth arms.

I saw a brutal fight between a weird opalescent yet brown mantis and a gecko years back in Borneo.
It lasted ages,but the mantis won,and ate the gecko-which was twice its size.
They are fierce alien bugs.

new topics

top topics