It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionist Agenda Now In Full Control of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Of course there is, for example, if your mother is jewish and your father isn't then you half jewish not full.

No.

If your mother is jewish and your father is not: Then you are a Jew.
If your father is jewish and your mother is not: Then you are not a "half jew", you are a NON-Jew

Rebekka

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

Or the laws in Israel that prohibit Jews from marrying Palestinians.

Today there is a religious monopoly on marriage in Israel.
Jews can only marry jews, Muslime can only marry Muslime, Christians can only marry Christians.

Civil marriage in Israel is not possible, people must marry abroad to undergo such a ceremony. One of the central planks Justice Minister Yosef Lapid of the secular-centrist Shinui party ideology is the introduction of civil marriage in Israel.

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

Parents ...should make it a point to teach their children tolerance.

I agree.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I assume that you already read The Protocols of The Elders of Zion.

It took us just 50 years to get the total control over the USA we have now. You Americans were 'sleeping' while we worked hard to complete every part of the Protocols - and at the same time convinced you that the Protocols are a 'forgery'. Guess again. Read them and you will find a virtual blueprint for what has been and continues to be done to America and the West.

Nope. The Protocols are a complete forgery. They were made to provide the 'proof' bigots needed to justify attacking and murdering jews and continue with their pogroms.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If your father is jewish and your mother is not: Then you are not a "half jew", you are a NON-Jew

My mother converted to judiasm and of course I've heard this before and I'll make sure to point that out next time a couple of skin-heads want to beat the crap out of me, as they seem a reasonable sort of people (sarcasm just in case you couldn't tell)

Also, somebody owes me a whole mess of saturdays and wedensday/thursday afternoons from my childhood.

That whole bar-mitsvah thing must have been a big waste of time as well.

And of course I'll point this out to my folks the next time they want me to go to temple with them for high-holiday services, passover and suhkot.

I'm not giving up on Chanukah though, last year I got an mp3 player, though I doubt it would work if it knew I wasn't actually jewish.

Oy...I mean yeesh.

SPiderj

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

I'll make sure to point that out next time a couple of skin-heads want to beat the crap out of me, as they seem a reasonable sort of people (sarcasm just in case you couldn't tell)

If they just think you are a Jew, they do not chek the halacha. Most of them even do not know that there IS a halacha. I think you pretty well know this.
They won't ask themselves: Who Is a Jew?

Rebekka

[edit on 3-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No but the point is my mother was not born jewish, she converted to marry my father (love will do that) so is judiasm a religion or race based on blood.

Most orthodox jews would not consider me jewish, I myself am not a practicing jew but I don't think an anti-semite would care.

The point is, that supposedly the hebrew race passes through blood on the mothers side. If my mother was not born jewish but converted, am I jew or non-jew, half-jew or just a jewcy kinda guy.

For the most part people will not make this distinction and in the end I don't really know that I care one way or the other.

But to say that if your mother is not jewish you are not a jew takes the stance that judiasm is based on blood not choice.

So, if my mother who is british was not born into a jewish family but converted to marry my father then had children are those children jewish or just posing?

Cassie stated she was half-jew, so is she a jew or not, is she half christian?

We can't have it both ways, it's either a religion, a race or a philisophical belief based on blood ties.

If you're father was born to a jewish mother and married a buddhist who converted to judiasm what does that make you?

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
stop wasting your breath pleading with her, you are aboviously not of pure blood and therefore are excluded from the master race

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't think I got bitten there Ashlar, racism on both sides is full of contradictions, it's silly but in my defense....she started it by sending me a u2u instead of posting in the forum.

And I certainly don't feel I am pleading, just making a point. This should make you happy Ashlar, if I'm not a jew, it's one less person to worry about.

Honestly though, we should all say F_ _ _K it and go out for beers, kosher beers for the jews, lite beers for the half jews and lagers for the christians.

Budhists can drink what they want I suppose

Spiderj

[edit on 8/3/2004 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Honestly though, we should all say F_ _ _K it and go out for beers, kosher beers for the jews, lite beers for the half jews and lagers for the christians.

Budhists can drink what they want I suppose

Spiderj

Through in whisky for the hillbillies and I am there

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Amuk always knows the right thing to say, first rounds on me ya bastich!

Oh and I guess we should offer Tang for the Scientologists.

SPiderj

LOBO LIVES!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

No but the point is my mother was not born jewish, she converted to marry my father (love will do that) so is judiasm a religion or race based on blood.

Most orthodox jews would not consider me jewish, I myself am not a practicing jew

ALL orthodox Jews would consider you as a Jew, your mother was not born jewish but a converted Jew. You are a born to a jewish mother, according to the halacha you are a born Jew - regardless wether you are a practicing Jew or not.

I explained on this topic several times:

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

(maybe you did not see my posting 3-8-2004 at 13:58 )

So, if my mother who is british was not born into a jewish family but converted to marry my father then had children are those children jewish or just posing?

Your mother is a Jew, regardless what your father is: You are born a Jew

Cassie stated she was half-jew, so is she a jew or not, is she half christian?

If born to a jewish mother: she is a born Jew.
If her mother is not a Jew, but her father is: She is NON-Jew.

There is no such thing like a "half jew". The Nazis had such things like �half-Jew�, they had this obsession with racial purity and bloodline. (explained this in my posting 3-8-2004 at 13:58 )

If you're father was born to a jewish mother and married a buddhist who converted to judiasm what does that make you?

According to jewish halacha: regardless what the father is, their childen will be born Jews, they are born to a jewish mother.

Rebekka

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

stop wasting your breath pleading with her, you are aboviously not of pure blood and therefore are excluded from the master race

I think Spiderj just did not read all of my postings and so he missunderstood this.

According to the jewish halacha, spiderj IS a born Jew, his mother was a Jew when she gave birth to him.

All Jews, regardless whether they are orthodox Jews or non-orthodox Jews will consider him as a born Jew.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hate to disagree with you Rikwa but I have met orthodox jews (I live in a neighborhood full of orthodox jews) who in fact do not consider me jewish.

So somebody is misinformed and I did read your post.

spiderj

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The orthodox Jews don't recognize the conversions not performed in accordance to Jewish Laws as expressed in the Torah.

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i am disgusted, Amadeus is correct when he states that Judaism can be the social equivalent of Nazi Germany.

We were all dismayed at the nuremburg race laws, well behold the judaic race laws which are far stricter, whereas heaven is only allowed to one race

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

heaven is only allowed to one race

1. Jews are clearly not a race.

Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black no matter how much I might want to.

You can be a Jew by converting.

2. The righteous of ALL nations have a share in the Olam haBa (= the World to Come), the very righteous go directly to Gan Eden (= the Garden of Eden).

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The orthodox Jews don't recognize the conversions not performed in accordance to Jewish Laws as expressed in the Torah.

Yeesh, okay this is my last post in this thread (maybe), but...the orthodox jews in my neighborhood (and don't get me wrong they aren't mean about it) do not consider my mothers conversion (and she went through the whole process and did it by the book, I mean torah) made her jewish.

In fact they really don't consider reformed jews, jews. If anything they consider us lazy, poser wannabes.

I've had long, long, long conversations about this with some of the younger orthodox jews.

It's like my catholic friends, who like, care and even love me but worry constantly about my immortal soul because I'm going to hell.

In some peoples minds conversion is not enough. Orthodox Jews are a very serious group when it comes to religion and for them since my mother was not born a jew she is not a jew.

She could show up at the orthodox temple read from the torah, turn a ham into a smoked salmon and still it wouldn't be enough.

Again, they are not angry mean or spiteful, it's just the way they feel.

For them it's blood. I consider Judiasm a religion, they consider it a religion only to those with certain blood ties passing through the mothers side.

I was born into a jewish family, raised as a jew and now choose not to practice, though I am proud of my heritage.

But I could go to temple every Friday night wear my talis and yamuka till the cows come home and they just would not consider me jewish becuase pure jewish blood does not run through my veins.

Silly, but it's how they feel.

And for all those wondering why jews consider themselves the chosen people it has to do with being courteous. We have the good graces to show up at gods house on a friday night, we hang out for a couple of hours and leave before ten. Christians show up at gods house early in the morning on his one day off, man that would piss me off too....just kidding people, just kidding.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join