It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan ministry says Pakistan should have known bin Laden was [there]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Afghan ministry says Pakistan should have known bin Laden was [there]

www.reuters.com

Pakistan's spy agency should have known Osama bin Laden was hiding not far from its capital, Afghanistan's Defense Ministry said on Wednesday, the first direct comment from Kabul about its neighbor's apparent inability to track the al Qaeda leader.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
CHINESE NEWS AGENCY: Pakistan Killed Osama, The US Just Swooped In At The End!!
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Another volley in the game. Interesting but not unpredictable that Afghanistan should weigh in this way, and again they mention concerns about Pakistan's ability to protect their nuclear weapons.

What do you all think this means? I suspect it's all part of the plan, and it will be very interesting in the coming days to hear the other countries weigh in.

I also suspect that Pakistan knows damn well what's coming for them, no matter how hard some people are appearing to deny that this is the case.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

At this time the Reuters title is exactly as I have posted it, as per guidelines. I believe they left out the word there so I have added it in brackets.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

They probably knew completely, at least their support network.

There is a worldwide infrastructure, largely based in Pakistan of terrorist networks.

Practically all the muslim terrorists caught so far showed links to Pakistan.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Bad link

Im pretty sure they knew full well that OBL was hiding there, all that military around, all they would have had to do is see the compound once and they would want to know about everyone inside dont kid yourself. This is natural for military to suspect for far less then what is obvious to most. Im sure things will be heating up quite abit with pakistan, and most will be wanting this by the time they are ready to proceed with Pakistan....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

The Pakistani equivalent of West Point is half a mile from the compound.

Retired Pakistani military live all around the compound.

And it's rumored that even Gates and Patraeus were there last year (link).

Yeah...maybe they should have known. Even the Daily show last night showed clips of the current and former prime ministers speaking...and pointed out that one said the ISI was too smart to place him in plain sight like that but not smart enough to be suspicious of this $1.5M mansion that goes up out of the blue in the middle of all this in 2005.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Related/Response Thread?

Pak Generals afraid US may now raid nukes

I'd say they have some reason to worry, wouldn't you? One false move...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
now reporting they did know and alerted the US in 2009, though the alert was viewed as suspicious.

Pakistan alerted the US to suspicions about Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad as far back as 2009, the country's Foreign Secretary has revealed. Salman Bashir said American concerns over whether it could trust Pakistan's security and intelligence services were "misplaced" and insisted it had extended "every co-operation" to the US and played a "pivotal role" in the fight against terror.

news.aol.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thanks for this info. I seem to recall something about this at the time. In fact, if I remember correctly, there was quite a bit of discussion, Or I may be confusing it with something else. After I get some sleep, I may look into it. And who knows whether we acted on it then or not. Seems we may well have based on the increased activity on the border and some other indicators. Man, where's the time go?

new topics

top topics

join