posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
Before Saddam came to power:
1. Iraq was a peace-loving democracy
2. There was another dictator
3. Iraq was ruled by Santa and his elves.
In Iraq, the population:
1. Is homogenous and gets along peacefully
2. Is a mishmash of ethnicity, religion, and tribes who've been at war for
3. loves Snickers bars
Democracy is unknown in Iraq:
1. because Saddam was mean.
2. but now the US is bringing that gift to the people.
3. because violent environments inevitably generate hierarchies of power culminating in dictatorship.
4. because Iraqis are dumb and never thought of it
The new government of Iraq:
1. Will be a peace-loving democracy that agrees with the US and Israel
2. Will be a dictatorship much like Saddam, but whose methods are ignored by the US government because he's 'our' dictator.
3. Iraq will become the 51st US state.