It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory 2012 for your debating pleasure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Ok as a crappy half ass sci fi writer who was stupid enough to pay for a college that focuses on teaching you to bs... I came up with this.

I think 2012 will be a self fulfilling prophecy. I think some weird kool aid cult, or a suicide bombing or something minor will cause the tense situation to rapidly spiral. A possible timeline of events.

1. The world is already tense pretty much as we see it now just a little over a year later.
2. The US prepares for Christmas along with the rest of the western world.
3. Some kool aid cult, either wipes themselves out or does something to cause a wide spread panic
4. Most kids are on vacation, causing parents to call into work to watch kids in time of worry.
5. People have been talking about 2012 for ages
6. people start thinking maybe its true.
7 gov thinks people might panic and riot, after monitoring tweets, and networking sites. The gov asks internet providers to cut access.
8. people freak the frogger out.
9. gov freaks the frogger out.
10. Half of military and a general split to the peoples side.
11. Christian and end of the world-ders start spreading propaganda. A hysterical civilian force now has control over a good portion of a military in mutiny.
12. Gov decides to knock out all the weapons of mass destruction the hysterical peoples side has access to with non lethal emp pulses and strategic strikes, and gassing, cause it causes that cool fog affect.
13. People report seeing a gaseous face that looks like Satan in the sky. the hysterical populace freaks misinterpreting the whole thing. Attacks start from both sides escalating, and on DEC 22 the ones that survived shake there heads and wonder how it all happened.

So anyhow that's my timeline of events for a non metaphysical, non spiritual, divinely pure human ending to existence as we know it.

Do you think it's plausible? Or logical?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well, if you create your own reality, then i guess that's what your gonna see! Definitely plausible... to you
edit on 4-5-2011 by shuff_la because: 2nd line

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

I don't know if anything is going to happen,i really don't worry about it,coz there's nothing i can do to prevent it.

I agree with you on the part that some group will try to do something to cause panic,just to justify their beliefs.That i believe is possible.

edit on 4-5-2011 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I can see it as a possible scenario, but I think what you described is the end of 2011

2012 will be even more interesting still.

As someone else said, its a self-fulfilling prophecy in that what you believe will happen, will happen.

So lets all get on board the positive 2012 theories

edit on 4-5-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
I can see it as a possible scenario, but I think what you described is the end of 2011

2012 will be even more interesting still.

As someone else said, its a self-fulfilling prophecy in that what you believe will happen, will happen.

So lets all get on board the positive 2012 theories

edit on 4-5-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

Great answer... so what are the positive theories does anyone have any?

Maybe we will get lucky and all the politicians will go to the ark and we can just lock them up in there and throw away the key eh? Since I agree nothing will happen unless we cause it. We are humans we are masters of the planet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

That is my take on the thing as well. We are so psyched out over this 2012 business, that it wouldnt take much to trigger a huge chain of events that would send the world spiraling into darkness. In other words, if something bad does in fact happen, it'll be done by mankind's own hands. There will be nothing paranormal about it. There will be no "next coming" or Nibiru. We'll spill our own blood.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Yep yep, i''m not even stocking up on anything for the end of the world. I have lighters and matches so I can create fire. I have a bb gun, i'll eat the pigeons and the squirrels, and camping gear but I own a house.

water falls from the sky, I live next to giant lake. I have fishing gear. Basically even if the world goes nuts, as long as I do not, I have my own fate in my own hands. Besides to be honest if the idiots wig out and we go to a more primitive stage of society... I can totally conquer that and create the world in my image, and so can everyone else. But the new world will be just like the old world for me. Relatively peaceful.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Headline News - December 23 2012

World leaders decided today that America has lost the plot. As of midnight GMT the rest of the world has decided to ignore America and actually get on with life. Un-officially America has become the worlds largest joke in history.

World peace is finally achieved.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Haha. Exactly.

new topics

top topics

join