It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Arab" hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Recently, about 6-7 of the websites/boards I frequent have been hacked in one way or another.

All of the hacks have in some way or another connected themselves to the middleeast.
Either in their language, or just blatant references.

I asked a friend who can read this particular language to tell me what they wrote on the sites. (They seem to be seperate groups that hacked each site, but they all used Arabic on the site defacement, along with gorey pictures and burning American and Israeli flags)

He comes from a family of Arabs and speaks the language fluently. (Albeit in the "conversational" dialect)

He told what the writing meant (just rhetoric, fwiw) but explained that they were all written in choppy kind of "broken arabic".. He said that it sounded like they were reading it out of a "tourist" book.

I thought nothing of this for awhile, until I came across a website that was talking about this same kind of occurence. On the site, they suggested that maybe it was a non-arab group trying to make you think that they were indeed from the middleeast, to sway your opinion towards that area.

This seemed kind of improbable to be, even though it does make sense.

But I am here to ask if any of you have witnessed or know anything about this.. Government or private parties posing as another group to hack websites.

Move this where you may, I just figured that this was a good place to put it.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would not be surprised. My sister is a middle east studies PHD cannidate. SHes quite the academic (fullbright scholarships etc) and is freq amazed at the poor language translation skills that media and the government uses. Lets say the hacking was a CIA plot (ala Operation Northwoods). Most of these "hackers" may get thier training at the Army's Monterey School Of Language. As she explains it, you can asily spot those who learned in an american school, and those who learned it by cultural emersion. The classroom students can speak the language from a mechanical standpoint, but lack the subtle nuances that make up arabic. SHe says you can spot them a mile away. That may be what we are seeing.

That being said, there is no reason as to why the Arab countries can't have thier own hackers. Smarts happen everywere

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well. I guess the language is what makes me so suspicious..

If someone really WAS from the middle east.. and proud enough of that they are willing to deface American websites just to say "USA AND ISRAEL SUCK" .. Then wouldnt you expect them to have more knowledge of thier own language?

I can see slang being used, just like our hackers would. BUT, according to my friend, this is more rigid and "foriegn" than conversational.

I find this immensely odd.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey i am a half arabic person ...
And the reest is from italy ...
I live in syria which i think no one have heard about it ,
Anyway let back to the subject ,,,I have seen alot of great arabic hackers,and i mean a real hackers.
They are professional and they teach ...and alot of them use Linux
Anyway ... just wanted to say the truth

new topics

top topics

join