It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS! Are you intellectually curious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I really enjoy myself in this place. It is very fascinating to immerse oneself in such a multitude of opinions and alternate viewpoints. To tap the minds of such a diverse demographic.

This morning I came across a real gem of an article in the National Post. I believe it sums up much of the ills of modern society and felt it appropriate to share with you all. Made me grin and chuckle, enjoy!

www.nationalpost.com...

I will try to figure out the idiosyncracies of using w7 and inserting links properly as well as a snippet of the article body but am however short on time right now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kulkulkan
I really enjoy myself in this place. It is very fascinating to immerse oneself in such a multitude of opinions and alternate viewpoints. To tap the minds of such a diverse demographic.

This morning I came across a real gem of an article in the National Post. I believe it sums up much of the ills of modern society and felt it appropriate to share with you all. Made me grin and chuckle, enjoy!

www.nationalpost.com...

I will try to figure out the idiosyncracies of using w7 and inserting links properly as well as a snippet of the article body but am however short on time right now.

The link is broken. It happens. What exactly are the "ills of modern society"? I'm up for a grin and chuckle.

ahh. I saw the error in the link: www.nationalpost.com... I guess some instructors at a college discovered that what the students desired to learn didn't mesh with their own ideals. Not really a gem of an article considering how poorly written it is. It does give some food for thought though. I've always been keen to understand the "kids these days!" mindset considering that the onus of teaching has always been on the older generations.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's just that sense of entitilement seems to saturate most of the students I know. They are not focused on learning but just the benefits of having a diploma. It would seem that many of the higher education facilities have now just become diploma factories churning out incompetent graduates. Clearly not all but enough to question the legitamacy of a diploma at all.....

join