It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intellipedia:CIA enlists Google's help for spy work! Is ATS one of the targets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
US intelligence agencies are using Google's technology to help its agents share information about their suspects.
There are speculations about the strategy of the Intelligence Agencies world-wide, infiltrating in internet forums.
This thread by Slayer69 is meaningful www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this news by The Times technology.timesonline.co.uk... is the proof!

Google has been recruited by US intelligence agencies to help them better process and share information they gather about suspects.

Agencies such as the National Security Agency have bought servers on which Google-supplied search technology is used to process information gathered by networks of spies around the world.

Google is also providing the search features for a Wikipedia-style site, called Intellipedia, on which agents post information about their targets that can be accessed and appended by colleagues, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Dark place to bury dark news?
edit on 4-5-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Another step in the plan of complete take over. Big brother Style;Where the Corporations have more rights than Humans. Independence becomes the new Radicalism

CONFORM OR BE SILENCED. IS their MOTTO

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You have no idea the enormous glee with which I will be shoving printouts of these in the face of someone who thought just because I'm paranoid must mean I'm wrong.

There's a little more to it, as well. Buzz was a huge failure, and there's no evidence Google's forays into social are likely to do well for them. But they keep going there anyway, and I don't think it's just stupidity. I think they don't really want to be the new Facebook, because they're pretty smart and they know it's impossible. They just want the information. And they want to see how people react when they start using it in odd ways.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well I think its safe to say that anyone who has visited any kind of conspiracy site either by accident or intentionally, probably has there IP flagged or put on some kind of list.

Well, that's what I think anyways. So worry not and just assume your on a list.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

So if anonymous isn't just a disinfo organization, you can expect it to get hacked. If it is not, than it is up to whistle blowers to reach some clarity in this matter.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've felt that google has been a cia operation from the get go given its ties...

as for this I already assume they do like everything else.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
everything is becoming centralized, I wouldn't be surprised if they held elections on facebook in 30 years.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Interesting.

I've been reading a novel where the main villain (very James Bondish type) has created a search engine that provides results based largely on people's previous internet searches/site visits. I'm at the point where he's started using it to filter information to India and Pakistan in such a way that the users see the "bad" side of the opposing country, ratcheting up tensions to start a (possibly nuclear) war.

Now I see the possibility for life to imitate art...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Umm, gee I must really be dopey but I don't get what you are all on about.

Agencies such as the National Security Agency have bought servers on which Google-supplied search technology is used to process information gathered by networks of spies around the world.

The NSA owns their own servers and are using google technology on them in order to search on data they already have.

So, what am I missing, why is everyone flapping like mad?

Must be wednesday, I never could get the hang of wednesday...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The contracts are just a number that have been entered into by Google's 'federal government sales team', that aims to expand the company's reach beyond its core consumer and enterprise operations.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by badw0lf

The contracts are just a number that have been entered into by Google's 'federal government sales team', that aims to expand the company's reach beyond its core consumer and enterprise operations.

What is so ominous about that?

Google have been reaching into ever revenue raising endeavor since they first appeared - I mean they started off as an alternative to the other search engines at the time, and now have an OS, a web browser, own Youtube, Google Video, contain on of the most prolific advert hosting systems on the net, etc, etc, why wouldn't they take the money off the NSA in order to expand into specific hosting for government organisation, or any company for that matter.

ATS even used to have a Search feature that used Google...

Stop being so scared of google...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Sorry, what part of what you just said added up to 'And therefore the CIA doesn't have any interest in using the biggest data-crunching and gathering resource on the planet for purposes they wouldn't publish in the newspaper'?

There's a difference between being afraid and aware.
edit on 4-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Sorry, what part of what you just said added up to 'And therefore the CIA doesn't have any interest in using the biggest data-crunching and gathering resource on the planet for purposes they wouldn't publish in the newspaper'?

There's a difference between being afraid and aware.
edit on 4-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

You've lost me. Are you moving away from the article and back into a supposed unknown intent of the CIA? I think so.

And did you even understand my point?

Look, from the article:

Google's search technology usually rates a website's importance by measuring the number of other sites that link to it - a method that is more problematic in a 'closed' network used by a limited numbr of people. In the case of Intellipedia, pages become more prominent depending on how they are tagged or added to by other contributors.

As well as working with the intelligence agencies, Google also provides services to other US public sector organisations, including the Coast Guard, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.

Often, the contract is for something as simple as conducting earch within an organisation's own database, but in the case of the Coast Guard, Google also provides a more advanced version of its satellite mapping tool Google Earth, which ships use to navigate more safely.

Where is this relation to the CIA being transparent in any of this?

They could use ANY means of data searching in order to get their OWN data in a relevant format - they decided to go with google. Where are your details of any concern here? Are you on a list?

If you are, by the CIA/NSA or whoever else using google, you're still on a list...

I don't get it, to be honest. Google is starting to be an electronic version of haarp - the mere mention of it starts a panic.

And you are correct, there is a difference between being afraid and aware... but :

Another step in the plan of complete take over.

You have no idea the enormous glee with which I will be shoving printouts of these in the face of someone who thought just because I'm paranoid must mean I'm wrong.

Well I think its safe to say that anyone who has visited any kind of conspiracy site either by accident or intentionally, probably has there IP flagged or put on some kind of list.

So if anonymous isn't just a disinfo organization, you can expect it to get hacked. If it is not, than it is up to whistle blowers to reach some clarity in this matter.

I've felt that google has been a cia operation from the get go given its ties...

everything is becoming centralized, I wouldn't be surprised if they held elections on facebook in 30 years.

and ONE post that didn't jump on the fear-wagon...

Sounds more like afraid to me, than aware... Awareness brings clarity. Fear breeds uncertainty...

edit on 4/5/2011 by badw0lf because: edit buttons makes me happy too - but fubared square brackets make me angrrrryyy!!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Your sensationalist rhetoric about fear doesn't correspond well to my actual posts. If you want to argue with people who aren't here, I'm not going to jump in on their side just to keep you entertained. When you go through and grab quotes out of context (and with zero sense of humor), you just seem like you're the one who's totally freaking out, frankly.

The question is, does the CIA work with Google? Well, we know they have "a number" of contracts with Google, so yes. We know that one of these contracts is benign and indirect. We don't know anything about the rest except that they exist. But we do know that the intelligence agencies are dealing with mountains, whole planets of data they've never had to sift through before. We also know they require very fast, very stable, very secure internet to operate. And we also know that Google is better equipped to provide tools to help with both those things than literally any other entity in the world.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's just thinking about facts. Of course the CIA uses Google sometimes. I'm not freaking out about it, I'm just saying it's true. They'd be pretty crap at their jobs if they didn't.

As for Google, I better find a new place to live if I'm as bothered by them as you want me to be, because my roommate will be going to work there in the morning.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same. And when you read things with the assumption they are, you reach conclusions that aren't necessarily the only ones available.
edit on 4-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button likes my hair this way

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Google holds on to information on everyone for a year and a half.....all your searches .....everything....nothing is really private with them!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Your sensationalist rhetoric about fear doesn't correspond well to my actual posts. If you want to argue with people who aren't here, I'm not going to jump in on their side just to keep you entertained. When you go through and grab quotes out of context (and with zero sense of humor), you just seem like you're the one who's totally freaking out, frankly.

You done?

It is people who *ARE* here who posted. I don't give a fruit bat what you do to be honest, but you are making things up and I will not agree with you. Did you notice that since the OP's post, I quoted no one but the fear-wagon folk who replied? no I assume not.

You bring up CIA WANTS YOUR SOUL rubbish, when it was neither IN THE ARTICLE nor part of the actual story, and you assume the right to dictate what to whom?

LMAO.

Hysterical.

The question is, does the CIA work with Google?

NO, THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, and has NOTHING to do with this thread.

Get lost.. lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Google and the government cooperate when the govt is looking into suspected terrorists, I dont doubt that. I highly doubt ATS is a target. IF the CIA or the NSA for that matter want to get into ATS they will and I highly doubt we'd ever know.

top topics

join