It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros hedge fund begins selling off gold, silver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

George Soros’s hedge fund, a firm operated by high-profile investor John Burbank and some other leading firms have been selling gold and silver, after significant buying of the precious metals for the past two years, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website Wednesday, citing people close to the matter.

Heres another article about this.

www.marketwatch.com...

I just saw this come out on MarketWatch. Throughout my years on ATS, Ive seen plenty of threads about George Soros. What does this mean if hes selling off his gold and silver? Im not really sure.

Anyone thats knows me about Soros, what do you think this means?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It means he thinks the price of gold and silver is peaking. Or that he wants people to think that. Hard to say which, impossible really.

If it were peaking, that would tend to signify a shift toward stability rather than away from it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think the strategy is more complex than that.

Soros is most likely selling his PAPER gold/silver, while saying so to it's clients and to the world... to make the price go down to buy tons of physical.

IMO

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Maybe he is trying to create a selling panic of gold and silver so he and his hedge fund can buy it back up much cheaper than before. It would not be a surprise such things have been done before by elites such as himself. But this is something we definitely must keep an eye on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
www.marketwatch.com...

George Soros’s hedge fund, a firm operated by high-profile investor John Burbank and some other leading firms have been selling gold and silver, after significant buying of the precious metals for the past two years, the Wall Street Journal reported on its website Wednesday, citing people close to the matter.

Heres another article about this.

www.marketwatch.com...

I just saw this come out on MarketWatch. Throughout my years on ATS, Ive seen plenty of threads about George Soros. What does this mean if hes selling off his gold and silver? Im not really sure.

Anyone thats knows me about Soros, what do you think this means?

It's been planned. The Elites and dark agencies (CIA, Mossad, etc) have scheduled their terrorist-operatives to carry out another staged terrorist attack in Asia, Europe, Mideast or America. This will cause commodities, Euro and Asian currency to dive.

US government has been playing dirty evil-love games.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It means that he has discovered that his condition is Terminal.

Only a matter of time now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Whoops, here comes that huge selloff to drop the prices on all of those inflated metals folks have been preaching about.
I have been telling folks to buy land food and guns.
But it seems some want gold bars to throw at their enemies for defense.
They want to plant their crops in gld coins rather than fertile soil.
And best yet, gold slice sandwiches.
Buy something "REAL" with the sweat off your backs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If the Soros fund says they are selling , you can bet they are buying . They did the same thing last summer , announced a huge sale just before they purchased 300 million in physical gold bullion . What we are seeing is a normal market correction and consolidation right now and a good buying opportunity before the next run up .

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet Soros is not selling
for US Dollars. He is probably selling
in Yaun. Which is the most stable currency
currently.

Backed with a sell off of paper Gold
to physical means he expects that to be
the final nail in the coffin of the US Dollar.

Look for a frenzy in the market tomorrow

Black Wednesday

Basically, it's the same as a bank run on
Wall Street.

edit on 5/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It could just mean that he believe stocks will out perform gold and silver for a while.

Once the stock market starts looking shaky in a few years he may just go back to gold.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon, much love to you but really you are talking about the Renminbi or RMB. I could be wrong but unless you are saying Soros has old chinese gold yuans and are selling them through his hedge fund then this is what is really the truth..... Here is a wiki for ya sir

en.wikipedia.org...

Then the notion that folks actually trade this currency, lets look at the IMF and see what is traded the most and can point us to the most stable.

www.imf.org...

notice the exchange rate is "per US dollar"

So how about the basket currency that is going replace the dollar, the Renminbi isnt even in it.....
basically IMF think these are stable and half the world follows.

Euro, Japanese yen, Pound sterling, U.S. dollar

www.imf.org...

If you believe Elliot wave analyst then these are the most stable:

The EWI Stable Currency Index, maintained by Elliott Wave International (the world's largest market forecasting company) chooses four international currencies as the most stable:
1. The Swiss Franc
2. The Singapore Dollar
3. The New Zealand Dollar
4. The US Dollar
To make this determination, EWI takes 8 factors into consideration - the liquidity of its banking system, its national savings rate, its central bank's integrity and transparency, the history of its legal system, the extent of its political neutrality, the degree to which it is isolated geographically, its prospects for inflation, and geographical detachment from the other selections.
Note that the EWI index is revised when circumstances require revision and that the currencies mentioned above should only be considered "currently" stable.

wiki.answers.com...

Still no Renminbi,

It is traded on the FX and is getting stronger but its traded in billions and until it hits trillions then it does not compete with the big boys nor is considered stable even though it is pegged unofficially to ----you guessed it the US dollar.

www.hsbc.com.hk...

I know Boon you will say Russia/China is trading oil in Renminbi now, and other deals the Chinese have made, its still peanuts in the scope of world currencies.

I know you hate Soros but its just his hedge fund making a play. Either they think metals are going to retrace, maybe they are taking some profits and letting the rest run or they are hedging a bigger long gold play, we will not know until the next quarter. By that time we will know what gold will do in the future and judge the fund then.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Oh God these people are everywhere... (I'm talking about conspirator nutters)
edit on 6-5-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, now I see he sold this gold to fund the social crises of the last three years, and maybe some assistance to the spread of the arab spring his involvement with the Ukraine coup from those who received his college payments in the nineties and 2000's .

Well played, but he is buying it back now.

new topics

top topics

join