It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Fatah : Cancel the reconciliation deal. Fatah : Mind your own business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Netanyahu showing his true colors yet again. Of course a scumbag like him don't want unity within the Palestinians otherwise his ``reason`` to categorize Hamas as a terrorist group and bomb them, while expanding doesn't exist anymore...

And something even worse warmongers like him fears : Palestine as a sovereign nation. The warmongering and the expansion will have to stop otherwise it'll be war since Palestine will be officially a country...

Netanyahu calls on Abbas to cancel unity deal

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday called on Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to "completely cancel" a reconciliation deal with Hamas that was signed in Cairo earlier in the day.

"I call on Abu Mazen [Abbas] to completely cancel the agreement with Hamas and to choose the path to peace with Israel," Netanyahu said during a meeting with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in Jerusalem.

The unity deal reached by Hamas and Fatah and signed by both parties and an array of other Palestinian factions on Tuesday aims to end years of bitter divisions between the two leading political groups.

Well guess what Netanyahu, the Palestinians have tried your ``peace deals`` BS for 20+ years and it never gave them anything.

Now they chose to ignore you and do their own thing... Reconciliation, international recognition and declaration of statehood this year.

Fatah slams Netanyahu for “unacceptable interference”

Palestinian group Fatah on Tuesday slammed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's call to "completely cancel" a reconciliation deal with Hamas as "unacceptable interference."

+1

Netanyahu should use this opportunity to sign peace deals with Syria (once the current crisis has gone one way or the other) and the Palestinians and HELP THEM get their country and make trade agreements instead of warmongering about Iran all day long. But he's unlikely to do that since people who elected him are hardcore ``let's bomb muslims and expand, god give us this land`` kind of lunatics.

And once Palestine get their nation through reconciliation and diplomacy like they are doing now, all the extremists will get kicked out since nobody will support them anymore.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I guess the obvious question to ask is what is Israel going to do to stop this reconciliation? Will there be an effort to sabotage and undermine this effort?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

I guess the obvious question to ask is what is Israel going to do to stop this reconciliation? Will there be an effort to sabotage and undermine this effort?

The warmongers in Israel sure would like that.

I hope they won't be able to thwart this... but you never know.

Israel is facing the creation of the sovereign state of palestine THIS YEAR...

Hopefully then the sane Israelis take power.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Agrees with you.
I got you a S&F before the thread gets closed for some violation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

For what reason would this thread be closed? I do not see how this thread is in violation of T&C.

Besides, couldnt this be the groundbreaking moment that the Palestinian people have been waiting for? A chance for all of their leadership elements to converge with a unified goal of a nation of peace and prosperity in mind?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

I truly do not know why threads of this flavor get collapsed.
It seems that some certain keywords hit a nerve with someone or some people.
Naaaw, that sounds like a dern conspiracy theory.
Some folks are just not for seeing 1 certain group of people come into what is theirs, i think it threatens too many core beliefs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

A united Palestine would be awesome..
Combined with an open border to Egypt for much needed supplies..

Maybe pressure Israel into paying up the money they owe Palestine so they can purchase supplies..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, is Israel's past actions dictate their future, they will find one reason or another to either impose a new embargo of some sort while simultaneously sending in war planes to bomb some "military" installation as a means of "securing" Israel's safety.

Hamas will use the Israelie violence as a means to rally the the Palestinians people and more levels of animosity, anger and hatred will be bred, and so on and so on.

In all honesty, I think that the Palestinians, including Hamas, genuinely want peace. Of course they want their land back but I'm sure that they'd be willing to live in equality with the Israelie people.

So far, it's Israel that seems determined to coop up the Palestinians into a smaller and smaller cage until they vanish.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Maybe pressure Israel into paying up the money they owe Palestine so they can purchase supplies..

They certainly owe them that money, it's the money Israel collects for Palestine for exports/imports duties... So it's not some kind of ``bailout`` or ``financial aid``...

If America had any balls, it would stop giving money to Israel and start pushing sanctions till they make peace.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sometimes I just want to kick the guy in the nuts...

Eliad.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Netanyahu can just shove it as far as I'm concerned. This is the PLO and Hamas deciding to do their own thing their own way.

Watch Israel attack itself to blame it on Hamas as a pretext to invade Palestine just to kill this deal.

Israel should just butt out.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

How dare Netanyahu demand they cancel the unification deal. Who does he think he is? What? he won't negotiate ? Well he hasn't anyway so the Palestinians lose nothing. The next thing will be Netanyahu insistence that Hamas recognize Israel as a Jewish state. Since Hamas is part of the PLO and the PLO has recognized Israel as a state, Israel is thereby recognized as a state. THey or no other country can recognize Israel as a "Jewish" state as that would dis infranchise all those that are not Jewish. They would be condoning racism. A homeland for the Jewish people? Yes! A Jewish state ? No!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

Yep, I think Israel will do just about anything to divide the two factions, They may not have to as Hamas is not to be trusted and may do something themselves,

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
While from my previous posts you will know my stance on the issue and wanting Israel to adhere to international law, retreat back in to its own pre june 1967 borders. The simple fact is that it won't and never will, it will keep partitioning and cutting up areas, expanding settlements and slowly but surely Israel will have gobbled it all up in however many decades to come. America will never give up on Israel and Israel will never let America give up on them, simple as that....doesn't mean we should all become apathetic zombies and not bother trying but it is the most probable outcome no matter how you dice it, of course there is always the hope an absolutely massive shift happens but that looks extremely unlikely. I also don't think we will see another major and brutal assault against gaza as we did with operation cast lead, which had little to do with hamas, but Israels next major military attack will undoubtedly be lebanon, 2006 will look like a Disney film in comparison, water is one among a long list of reasons.
Thankfully Hezbollah are getting better equipped, still nowhere near the military prowess of Israel of course, but they will make Israel pay a higher price for an attack against their country than hamas ever could.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sorry... Who's this Netanyahu clown again? And we should care about what he thinks or says... why? I'm glad he's been told to pull his head in.

IRM

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Haha, doesn't feel so good Netanyahu?

Abbas asks for another freeze on settlements. You said no. Peace talks over.

Abbas seeks reconciliation with Hamas as an alternative, you don't like it. Tough #, had your chance a few months ago.

Now the next round of talks will include Hamas, Fatah, and Israel. Or all but Israel, if she decides not to come. Regardless, a sovereign Palestinian state is inevitable.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Sometimes I just want to kick the guy in the nuts...

Eliad.

Eliad I gave you a star ..... ffs

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Right back at'cha..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well now Israel is doing everything it can to destroy the deal and/or get Hamas to launch rockets.

# 19:00
Hamas: Israel arrests top Hamas official in Hebron, third arrest since unity deal (Israel Radio)

Seriously Israel?

new topics

top topics

join