It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 simple questions you wont believe science just answered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Petty interesting read on some random science questions that we all seem to ask but never get a good enough answer. Here are the questions and a little tidbit from the article for each question. There is alot more info for each on the site it came from which is this link
www.cracked.com...

#7 Which Came First: The Chicken or the Egg

discovered that the protein necessary to create the eggshell was found exclusively in the ovaries of the chicken. So the chicken had to come first

#6.Why Hair Turns Gray

Everyone's body makes hydrogen peroxide naturally. The buildup eventually gets so colossal that it blocks the melanin -- your body's natural hair dye. Without that melanin, the hairs turn gray, then eventually white

#5.The Moon: What's Up With That?

the moon has a solid, iron-rich core, just like the Earth's, and that the core is surrounded by a liquid iron outer core, also just like the Earth's. Both the Earth's core and the moon's core are made of iron, nickel and light elements like sulfur.

#4.Pruney Fingers

the skin can expand but keep its structure because the fibers have so many connections to one another. With this pattern, the fibers can "swell to fill a volume seven times greater than its original shape

#3.How Scratching Relieves an Itch

All of that itching and scratching business is controlled by a specific set of neurons in the spinal cord

#2.How Cats Drink

First the cat dips its little kitty tongue into the water, then it whips it back, pulling up a column of liquid with it. Just before gravity draws its watery prey back to the bowl, KA-CLOMP! Garfield snaps that airborne drink into his chops.

#1.How Glaciers Form

In the spring of 2011, scientists found out that liquid water under glaciers can actually freeze and thaw, depending on the insulation and friction from the ice above. The refrozen ice not only can constitute half of the thickness of some glaciers but also can violently change their landscapes

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
already going to say number 7 makes no sense, obvious they evolved that way and no longer need to produce that protien or w/e

you dont just start with a chicken

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

My theory on that is that there had to be a mating of two hybrid animals at some point and then what hatched from that would have been the chicken

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I normally read Cracked and i have to say that most articles they publish, including this one, are now all becoming stupid. It's like they are just getting more and more dumb. I honestly don't believe atleast half of what they post anymore. I have proven some of it wrong myself and and have seen it proven wrong before. Besides the fact that writers opinions are in most of these articles and they describe it all in their own words; half of what they say isnt even what is being said in their original source page. And don't get me started on their sources... some of them are as bad as WND

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The Chicken or the Egg , ... if and this is a big if , if dinosaurs were reptilian, most if not all would of laid eggs, like all reptilians today. Correct ?

And as far as i am actually aware , chickens were not around before dinosaurs so i have to disagree and say that the Egg was around way before the chicken.

Just not a egg with a nice yellow yolk.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Regarding the chicken and the egg.
The question never specified "a chicken egg" it just says egg, And since chickens are descendants of dinosaurs and dinosaurs were laying eggs long before chickens were around.

I think it is pretty obvious that the egg came first.

Also, every knows the Moon is hollow, duh.
edit on 4-5-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Okay- from now on I'm going to be asking, "Was it the dinosaur or the egg?" then.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well then I wonder if they can find out why we call orange jam - marmalade?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

My theory on that is that there had to be a mating of two hybrid animals at some point and then what hatched from that would have been the chicken

If you believe in god then you believe the chicken came first! God created everything on earth, which means the chicken was put on earth by god, therefore the chicken came first...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dinosaurs were the pre-birds! So maybe the question is "What came first, the Proto-chicken or the egg?"

As for God having made everything, I totally agree. God said let there be light...then the elements obeyed and we had a big bang...

new topics

top topics

join