It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden Killed in May Day Blaze of Glory? Don’t you believe it; Pakistan is the Target.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Osama bin Laden Killed in May Day Blaze of Glory?

Don’t you believe it; Pakistan is the Target.

• Abbottabad is a military town; the location of one of the largest, if not the largest Pakistani military bases, including a military college and alleged nuclear weapon installation. NATO, Taliban, Pakistani, Indian, Chinese and even Israeli military keep close tabs on this area.
• In the aftermath of the Ramond Davis debacle and the continued Drone attacks, the ISI and Pakistanis in general are none too happy with the CIA. Recently an anti-CIA sit-in demonstration blocked NATO supply lines through the area for two days, proving to NATO how vulnerable those supply lines are.
• Mainstream media photographs of bin Laden’s corpse have been circulating the web for two years.
• The war on terror needed a boost.
• President Obama’s approval ratings needed a boost and now Obama’s reelection campaign can kick off with a bang, leaving General Petreus choking on his dust.
• Burials at Sea are not normal Muslim practices, and the nearest sea to perform said burial is 1100 Kilometers away.

I received a phone call from a friend who grew up in Pakistan (for the sake of anonymity; I’ll refer to him as Abid) who wanted to discuss the news coverage about the death of Public Enemy Number One, which was a’ breathless Twitter all over the world. We both agreed it was a clumsy propaganda escalation in the War on Terror, which shouldn’t be confused with the War on the Middle Class; though they’re the same thing even if your middle class doesn’t know it yet.

Abid brought a deeper, local insight to the matter, and before he called, he sent me this email:

“I grew up in Abbottabad!! You listening to news?... they say they got OLB from Abbottabad, and then buried him in Sea according to Islamic law!!! That’s the first time I have heard of that law…”

No, actually, I hadn’t been listening to the news…I stopped listening to the mainstream news about a decade ago; so I browsed over to CNN.com to see what the buzz was; and sure enough, they were claiming Osama Bin Laden was killed by Navy Seals and his body was dumped into the sea. I skipped over to Yahoo, Fox and the New York Times…indeed; all the major mouthpieces were speaking in the same tongues; just as I was starting to digest the geopolitical implications and the timing of this news, phone rang; with Abid laughing on the line.

“Are you celebrating?” he asked.

“Of course” I told him. “This means we’re going to withdraw from Afghanistan, right?”

We were both joking, but it wasn’t funny. Abid has family in Pakistan, as well as family in the Pakistani Military, and he and his family and friends, among whom I count myself, were under the impression bin Laden, or at least the bin Laden role, had been dead for many years. I can recall several reports of his passing in years gone by, so this time it seemed too desperate and farcical a story even for mainstream media, but there they were, sporting the same Photo shopped image that had been circulating the web for two years.
www.guardian.co.uk...

After we joked and laughed maybe a little too loudly at the spectacle of our normal every-day propaganda morphing into some over-caffeinated Washington speech-writer’s version of a Hollywood B movie-script, surely to star Chuck Norris, Abid proceeded to explain the machinations behind the scenes shown on the TeeVee.

Abbottabad is a small town compared to Karachi or Islamabad; it hosts a military academy and a nuclear armed military base; the largest in Pakistan. The city itself is crawling with retired and active-duty military and ISI Brass, and everyone knows everyone else. He stressed there was no way OBL could have been hiding a mile away from the military academy without everyone in town knowing it.

“And that’s the point”, he said. He may be right about that; Pakistan appears to be being set up for a fall.

On Tuesday, the ISI said it is extremely embarrassed by its intelligence failures, which enabled bin Laden to live, for 5 years, in the sprawling compound in Abbottabad, home to many retired military and intelligence figures and just a mile from the gate of the Pakistan Military Academy. Musharraf said he's glad bin Laden is gone and that news of his death was a good day for “peace-loving people,” but warned the Taliban is Pakistan's biggest threat now -- a Taliban that was trained by Al Qaeda.

www.foxnews.com...

So the ISI claims to be embarrassed about this, but I don’t know why, and I’m hoping the irony isn’t lost on the reader. Here we have the guy who was credited for leading an operation that penetrated the heart of the US Military in 2001, thereby spawning a few predictable retaliatory wars, who was allegedly killed while hiding in a compound within the heart of Pakistan’s Military? Honestly, who writes this stuff? These are nuclear armed militaries we’re referring to here, so why the ruse of incompetence? Who would believe anyone could waltz into either the Pentagon or Abottabad without being assisted by their respective militaries?

There is speculation that the ISI and the Pakistani Military were hoping to defuse retaliation from extremists by floating the incompetence and embarrassment angle, but all they managed to do was display their duplicity and expose their incompetence at covering up their complicity. If I can figure this out, I’m guessing the Taliban did by 2002, so again, why the ruse? Who’s this message for?

Lets don’t forget Raymond Davis, the CIA stooge who killed a couple ISI agents in broad daylight and got away with it; the ISI is allegedly not very happy about that, but who knows what to believe regarding the interactions between spooks. For all we know Ray Davis was ordered to execute those men when and where he did just so the ISI would appear to be having a conflict with their handlers at the CIA. Of course, with the OBL compound being coddled and protected by the ISI for five years, I don’t see how far that story can fly with the Taliban, so I can only conclude the intended audience for that propagandistic petard was the home crowd back in the USA, because even the arrogant Pakistani governing class, always ready to bolt to their safe houses and Swiss bank accounts, must realize average Pakistanis can smell Texas Bull# miles away.

abcnews.go.com...

Already the people of Pakistan have paid a heavy price thanks to America’s War on Terrorism, having lost 34,000 souls to terrorism and drone attacks since 2004, not to mention 64 Billion dollars have been wasted, and the economy of the Northwest Pakistan has been devastated. By using their own rationale for invading, namely revenge for 911, the US no longer has a reason to stay and the Pakistani people have every good reason to press this point.

www.youtube.com...

Abid reminded me of the regular NATO unmanned drone strikes on funerals and wedding parties, something the Pakistani civilians are as sick of as any civilians can be. He mentioned Imran Khan the ex-cricket champion and current chairman of the political organization Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, who organized a demonstration against these attacks just last week, which according the western press, drew 2000 protestors and briefly interrupted the NATO supply lines passing through the area..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

However, according to Abid, the anti CIA sit-in actually drew up to 200,000 and successfully shut down the NATO supply lines for two full days.

www.youtube.com...

Without the Pakistani supply lines, NATO operations only have 15 days’ worth of supplies before they are at the mercy of the locals; and with 70 percent of NATO’s supplies coming through Pakistan, the message is clear; Pakistani civilians can stop the Afghan war whenever they wish. Despite the apparent willingness of the Pakistani press to ignore these implications, they are not lost on the civilians, and they were certainly not lost on NATO.
lalqila.wordpress.com... eedom-rally%E2%80%9D-from-ichhra-to-mozang-where-cia-operative-raymond-davis-shot-dead-t/

In the aftermath of the OBL operation Kahn articulated the obvious by saying that NATO now has no reason to stay in Afghanistan or Pakistan, and offered questions regarding the OBL operation:

insaf.pk... px

In a statement released to the press here today, the PTI Chairman Imran Khan stated that the OBL operation is still shrouded in mystery. A number of critical questions remain unanswered to separate facts from fiction including:

1. Under whose authority and under what law were the US Special Forces allowed to conduct a major operation deep inside Pakistan’s territory as claimed by the US President?

2. Was this a joint operation or the Pakistan authorities acted as mere bystanders in their own country? If OBL was indeed located inside a compound in Abbottabad, why did Pakistan’s security agencies not take action and, instead, allow the US to breach our sovereignty?

3. Why has the government not shared any details of the helicopter that reportedly crashed during the OBL operation including information about the nationalities of those on board and their fate?

4. In whose custody are the individuals arrested from the scene of the operation as reported by the international media? The PTI demands that the arrested persons must be put on trial in Pakistan and they should have access to due process of law. Their open trial and access to due process of law would lend the requisite moral authority to isolate extremism.

5. Why was the body of OBL allowed to be airlifted out of the country and reportedly buried at sea without due process of law as his alleged body was vital evidence?

These questions answer themselves, and once answered, the questions of NATO supply and the timing of the OBL operation become more difficult to ignore. The people of Pakistan were sick of drone attacks, and were threatening to shut down NATO supply lines to make them stop, and they did just that just last week. In the wake and the awareness of that demonstration of people power, powerful people began to wonder what bargaining chip Pakistan would have if they permanently shut down those supply lines; what would the Pakistani people require of their corrupt military to stop continued drone attacks? For a Pakistani military deeply intertwined with the CIA and US Military, by posing as at least incompetent, or at worst complicit with Osama bin Laden, it gave the US a reason to take matters into their own hands. The ISI allowed the US to cross the Rubicon, and no one thinks it will stop there.

www.defence.pk...

The Pakistani people now see the US army’s sights trained on them, and Abid and I weren’t laughing anymore. After a pause, I attempted a weak diversion: “Of course this will help Obama’s reelection campaign”.

“Yeah” he replied, “And this will hurt Petreaus at the same time:”

“Hmm”, I muttered, “they’re nothing if not efficient”.

After a longer silence, Abid said something that surprised the jaded cynic in me:
“You know, I really like American people because I find them more genuine than Pakistani people, believe me, I mean it! "

He continued:
"But I hate the fact the majority of the American people take MSM’s and Government’s words for the face value. I really hope that peace can prevail and innocent people do not have to die…”

Amen to that Brother, Amen and Assalamu alaikum

edit on 4-5-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing about Pakistan becoming the next target for TPTB. If they wanted to start a war that would engulf the entire region, Pakistan would be the place to do it.

I have a nagging question about the CIA raid that your friend may be able to answer if you'd be kind enough to ask:

The White House says that there was a gunfight lasting for 40 minutes, yet as I was watching the news over at a friend's house this afternoon, they said that there were no guards at OBL's compound other than the 2 couriers, and that OBL himself was not armed. So who exactly did the Seals fight for 3/4 of an hour?

I find it hard to believe that a gunbattle was raging for 40 minutes 100 yards from the gates of a military base that houses 3 regiments of soldiers without those Pakistani soldiers becoming involved somehow. I'd like to know if the Seals were actually fighting the Pakistanis. I also find it hard to believe that OBL lived in that compound for up to 6 years without the Pakistanis knowing about it.
edit on 5/4/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I was thinking the same thing about Pakistan becoming the next target for TPTB. If they wanted to start a war that would engulf the entire region, Pakistan would be the place to do it.

I have a nagging question about the CIA raid that your friend may be able to answer if you'd be kind enough to ask:

The White House says that there was a gunfight lasting for 40 minutes, yet as I was watching the news over at a friend's house this afternoon, they said that there were no guards at OBL's compound other than the 2 couriers, and that OBL himself was not armed. So who exactly did the Seals fight for 3/4 of an hour?

I find it hard to believe that a gunbattle was raging for 40 minutes 100 yards from the gates of a military base that houses 3 regiments of soldiers without those Pakistani soldiers becoming involved somehow. I'd like to know if the Seals were actually fighting the Pakistanis. I also find it hard to believe that OBL lived in that compound for up to 6 years without the Pakistanis knowing about it.
edit on 5/4/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

I got mixed messages...on one hand he described his brother dropping by the compound today and saying it looked like nothing happened, and then he sent me a link to an Urdu language news cast which shows the helicopter which "crashed:" in the operation. You don't need to speak Urdu to get the idea of the damage caused to the helicopter. That's quite a ":crash"...images of the helicopter at about 4:00 on the vid:

www.youtube.com...=292

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc33871fa46c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I too believe that Pakistan is being set up.
Another thing that puzzles me is that i keep hearing that the Pakistan authorities must have known where he was hiding but never informed the Americans.
How long have the US had special forces in Pakistan, seeking Al Qaeda ?
How long have they been bombing Pakistan with Drone strikes ?

The US were told about the compound in 2009.
Why didn`t they use their drones on this mission if they had no intention of taking him alive?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Your imagination is running away with you. And that's not meant as an insult. Occam's Razor man.

The images of Bin La den's corpse were photo shopped. It was the upper skull of a bomb victim and the lower skull of Bin La Den from an AP stock photo of him speaking. Colorized, shopped and adjusted and re-photographed. It was a "good" fake, but very very fake. And proven so many times over that it is simply shocking people are still talking about that stuff.

Reports of his death were a continuous psy ops ploy to convince the American public that he was no longer a threat and to slow or stop the war on terror. If you are told and believe the bogeyman is dead, would you keep looking under the bed?

The war on terror isn't just profitable for US companies and our Allies. It is just as profitable to the countries who sell the supplies to the middle men in order to arm the terrorists. Do you think they make their own AK's from scratch in terrorist factories??? Roadside bombs are US and Russian bombs. Can't get them at Wal Mart-Abbaba. They are sold to the terrorists, not donated.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't about Terrorism, and they never were. They were part of the boom and bust cycle of the military industrial complex. Old bombs needed to be dropped so that new bombs could be purchased. Without showing metrics of how ineffective old bombs were against mountain caves, no one could justify R&D funds to think up, test and sell new thermobaric bombs that explode the very air in those caves.

The new objective crew served weapons platforms, and joint strike fighters need justification for large orders to replace the current jets, and the only way to justify replacing the current jets is to put more combat stress HOURS on the sub frames with actual combat missions. There are cost cutting rules about flying so many practice missions that you wear out the air frames lifespan in training. So you have to burn up those hours in actual combat sorties. Bullets, shoes, tents, MRE's medical machinery, ground vehicles, Hell, so many individual items, all the way down to complex water/grease traps that have to be installed by EPA regulations on forward operating bases, that the amount of money being made is enough to come up with any single reason at all.
Pens, and pencils can add up to millions of dollars in profits when you have to supply them for free to an entire nation that you are currently occupying.

And Pakistan would not be a direct target of military aggression by the US because it has nuclear weapons to deter ground force invasion. Only in an extreme case would the US be able to attempt an overthrow of a nuclear armed country and only with significant international help consisting primarily of non stop air raids on every suspected nuclear site with massive intel gathering for nuclear mobility.

And the most important thing. After OBL, there is no longer anything of value in Pakistan for the US that we can't get by helping with the opium and heroin trade in the form of transporting and distributing it for them.

You have to look for the simple answer most of the time. When the simple answer fails. Then you have to be imaginative. But when you start imaginative, and keep that going, you end up making things up and feeling justified in doing so.

And I even doubt that this event will do much for Obama. Cause he's still black, and while the majority of Americans were willing to give him his shot, it's highly unlikely that the first Black President, will the first Two Term Black president as well. That's just the statistics of our subdued racism in this country.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Thanks for the comment.

I didn't make anything up. I shared a friend's insight on the feeling of foreboding of the Pakistani people, and provided background and links for that feeling.

You provided plenty of opinion but nothing else.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'd say when you are inferring so much, from so little, the line between extrapolation and fabrication becomes very very thin.

You are providing links to MSM stories to support your feeling, all the while stating that the MSM and government version of events can't be trusted.

It's a situation where you are cherry picking for a story you feel you are simply relaying to people, which in fact, you are mostly constructing.

It's damn near a rule on these forums as far as I can see so far. Validity isn't in the reasoning, but in the amount of information you can squeeze into the framework you want it to represent regardless of what it actually represents.

Add on to that you are going about this from the standpoint of having a Pakistani friend, and the OBL event, and you honestly can't see how your excitement for feeling directly connected to large scale world events of a life and death nature are allowing you to jump the shark without even an after thought?

You are running this as though it is well known and obvious facts. That is the part where you are essentially making things up.
Defending it by saying you are simply passing on a friends insights is just deflection from the reality that these aren't insights. These are rumors at best, and fabrication at worst. Why would your friend be exempt from rumors simply because they live in Pakistan or did live in Pakistan at one point?
I had a friend who was in Manhatten on 911 and he was convinced that the planes that his the towers were Russian with Russian markings. He believed that for 3 weeks or more. That the cold war had finally heated up.

To be sure that I wasn't being insulting, and mis-reading your post I went through it again. And it reads the same.
Your post was written as a journalistic expose where you are passing along inside information.

What it actually is, is an implication, based on inference, from unsourced rumors. And yes, MSM stories count as unsourced rumors if they are not video based stories directly relating the information. If it is commentary on top of stock or even live video, then there is still no way to validate that you aren't getting fed a specific line of propaganda.

There is no actual news anymore that isn't live video without commentary. Everything is media, for a purpose, with an agenda.

And that really is just my opinion. Like you stated. But then again. I'm not trying to dress it up like I'm Anderson Cooper. so......

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Nicely presented.

Yep. And it's been pretty obvious to a lot of us for, oh, about 15 years now. It was always the plan. All you have to do is look at a map. This is nearing end game.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8f5d3ef83d3.png[/atsimg]

Did you mention that Gates and Petraeus were there last year? In Abbattobad? (Sorry to tired to have read it all.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the spin's already geared up...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And one by one the rest of the countries shall chime it...and it shall be done. Pakistan is screwed. Worrisome though. Pakistan has nukes.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
I got mixed messages...on one hand he described his brother dropping by the compound today and saying it looked like nothing happened, and then he sent me a link to an Urdu language news cast which shows the helicopter which "crashed:" in the operation. You don't need to speak Urdu to get the idea of the damage caused to the helicopter. That's quite a ":crash"...images of the helicopter at about 4:00 on the vid:

www.youtube.com...=292

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc33871fa46c.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty sure they destroyed the helicopter with explosives. From what I hear, it's a variant that hasn't been seen before - so it would make sense why they would destroy it. And honestly, it's something we do quite often with jets and such that crash.

The F-117 was shot down and we decided not to send jets to strike it because civilians were nearby - and the Serbs ended up letting the Russians/Chinese take it and acquire our stealth technology.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i hate to break this to you all

but there will be no escalation agianst pakistan none whatsoever.

we are still in iraq and afhanistan and libya and already in pakistan.

obama will not even think about taking on a nuclear islamic state yeah pot shots but nothing more.

i am not buying the alarmist speak.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The OP states the ISI and Pakistani military allowed this to occur because they're hand and glove with the CIA and the US military; and that being close on the heels of a successful, popular, non-violent demonstration that probably set off alarms all over NATO, the timing of the OBL propaganda campaign is an indication to the Pakistani people they are already occupied.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
reply to post by neo96

The OP states the ISI and Pakistani military allowed this to occur because they're hand and glove with the CIA and the US military; and that being close on the heels of a successful, popular, non-violent demonstration that probably set off alarms all over NATO, the timing of the OBL propaganda campaign is an indication to the Pakistani people they are already occupied.

Where are you getting those "facts"??? That is very very loose extrapolation. You are "guessing" that this information is plausible based on nothing more than an opinion by someone you know who used to live in that part of the world.

You are speaking for the Pakistani people for crying out loud, based on one Pakistani person, who doesn't even live there anymore, and you give no indication of when they lived there, or how close their ties are. And are they in government? Are they in law enforcement? Or do they import rice and spices for their restaurant or storefront?

You are getting very close to fabrication. You are not stating facts. You are stating unqualified assumptions.

You should preface stuff like this with "It could be possible", or "How probable could this scenario be". But you are essentially "reporting". Do you see what I mean?

Your interpretations are insightful, and interesting to read. So understand that I'm not bagging on what you've written. I find it intriguing even if I don't agree with the premise. But it comes across as reporting, with nothing more than a couple msm links. That undermines what you are trying to say. Just sayin.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Where are you getting those "facts"???

From a friend who grew up in the area, with family still there, some on active duty in the Pakistani military. He is my source, and I am yours. If you disagree with my friend's interpretation of events you are welcome to get lost.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join