It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

114 House Democrats Sign Letter Asking To Raise The Debt Ceiling Immediately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Without any spending cuts or amendment for a balanced budget... ridiculous.

Those 114 democrats should be fired. All the republicans who agree with them should be fired too.

Rep Cantor:Could Bring Stand-Alone Debt Ceiling Bill To House Floor

Hoyer said he had joined an effort led by Rep. Peter Welch (D., Vt.) to urge a straight up-or-down vote on the debt ceiling increase. In total, 114 House Democrats signed a letter urging Republican leaders to bring a straight increase in the country's statutory borrowing limit to the House floor.

And I'll say it again for the thousandth time... Not raising the debt ceiling ain't default, it's a NO DEFICIT policy forced on the government.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
People need to realize this two-party oligarchy will not last forever.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There's a lot of things being slipped under the rug of OBL, Weddings, Etc.

This definitely looks like another thing to add to the list.

Is there really any chance of avoiding a total economic collapse by the end of this year? I can't see one ray of hope...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Haha, of course they did. The Treserve pretty much blackmailed Congress -www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
obl was a diversion so this stupidity would happen

fire all the idiots in washington they just dont get it

we have no money and they want to increase the amount of spending of money we dont have.

this aint rocket science its just plain common sense for which it appears washington does not have any.

idiots they are big time idiots
edit on 4-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I wish I could run my household finances the way CONgress runs the finances of the US Corporation. I'd have my Lambo and someone else would pay for it.

Oh well, off to the reloading bench. It's starting to look like I may need to donate some lead in the near future.
edit on 4-5-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sweet creamy Jesus on a Ritz! What do these politicians not understand about "we are broke"? There is no money. It's been said before, but if I ran my household finances in the manner that the government runs this country's finances, I would be homeless and living in a cardboard box. When I am out of money, I stop spending. It doesn't matter how badly I want that new Glee DVD set or to go out to dinner or whatever, I have to forgo the extras and figure out a way to get the money or do without.

I understand not defaulting on debts, but at some point you have to say "enough is enough" and put the checkbook and credit cards down. You don't say "hey, I'm up to my eyeballs in debt, I think I'll spend even more". For the love of all things chocolate, someone needs to take the credit card away. Just like a parent would do to a teenager who doesn't fully grasp finances and balanced budgets.

I shouldn't read these things coming from our government and feel like I have to go yell at my child and be the mean mom to them. I do enough of that in my own house to my own child. I stopped having kids for a reason. I don't want my government to become my de facto child, too.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
read my lips !!!!

NO !!!

now go back to ur sandbox
and sulk

why do we have to treat u congress
people like children ???

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ohhhhh,you´re gonna like this one:

Lawmakers told $2 trillion debt cap raise needed (or zerohedge )

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Raising debt ceiling is really another way of saying WE get to spend money on things now that future Americans will be taxed to pay for. Just a different way of doing the whole taxation without representation thing that inspired the original "tea party."

Only this way the people who are going to pay haven't been born yet.

Having a difficult time imagining how they could come up with something more disgusting, self-centered, and/or maybe evil.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Dems need this Debt Ceiling raised more than they need Obama to tell the truth on how Osama was taken down.

If the limit isn't raised, all the Dems pet projects and secret illegal voting operations will come to a halt. They can't have that happen now can they?

Do you happen to have the list of the Dems that want this? Thanks.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nice. Is anyone truly surprised?

Well, this years economy is going to hell. Hope next year brings something different.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We need to raise the debt ceiling in order for the country to no default on its debt. Taxes need to also be raised, but that doesnt look likely, unfortunately. We are not broke. I dont know where those ideas are coming from, more doomer sites? The US government doesnt have to run the country like a house hold budget does. Its much more complicated than that. We are actually doing very good.
Defaulting

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

if by "good" you mean that making the future families of america pay for what is being done today...then ya sure..."good" is the word I'm sure

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

That doesnt make any sense. We are actually doing very good.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Based of this reply and others you've posted throughout ATS, your profile reeks of sock puppetry.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
reply to post by gorgi

Based of this reply and others you've posted throughout ATS, your profile reeks of sock puppetry.

Couldn't agree more. Sock puppetry or high as a kite on kool aid.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's obvious by now Obama, [whew almost said/typed Osama] and his Dem buddies are only playing games with the old mighty dollar!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

reply to post by gorgi

Couldn't agree more. Sock puppetry or high as a kite on kool aid.

and

reply to post by gorgi

You guys got me. So smart. My government overlords are not going to be happy.

Not raising the debt ceiling is defaulting and this is what would happen and its not pretty. Our credit rating would dive, cost of borrowing would skyrocket. Dollar crashes. Equity and bond market go insane. You get the picture?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Anyone and everyone who counts in their opinion has already left with all they could carry, this is a final gratuity to those who served the secrets and will also be compensated before the final curtain closes on the USD.

new topics

top topics

join