It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Compass Rates US 2004 Candidates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm left of the Dalai Lama and more Libertarian than Nelson Mandela.

Libertarian Left: Economic Left/Right: -5.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

I was really shooting for Stalinesque Authoritative.

Take a look at the raging out of control "first and fourth" most liberal Senators America has to offer: John "Real Moderate" Kerry and John "Bush" Edwards.

I have ZERO representation in this country, yet somehow I'm part of a vast liberal conspiracy to rule the world.

Ah, the Authoritarian master mind control at work. Right wing is moderate. Moderate is liberal. Pay no attention to the rest of the globe. News is an export, not to be imported. Don't go past these yellow markers, or the monsters will come to the "Village". (sigh)

[edit on 31-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well I decided to take the plunge and this is where I ended up
one click to the right and one click towards Libertarian.
Pretty much what I expected.

Thanks koji for the link

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

You're just a crazy, wild-eyed radical aren't you? Add another one to the "militant moderate" column.

"Equivocation or death!"

Edit: And another thing...

[edit on 7/31/2004 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I took the test a while ago and my position is:

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Pretty accurate I think.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well.. this is a preliminary graph of the ratings people have posted on this thread so far. I intend to go over it again to make it look nicer, and will add new member ratings when I can. I know it doesn't look the same or as good as the ones on the PoliticalCompass.org site, but I'll work on that. Before anyone says it, I also know the Y axis is not to scale with the X axis. Will fix that too!

-koji K.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Sounds pretty close some of the questions were not really yes or no answers though

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

Well, I'm so smack dabb in the middle it's a wonder I have any opinions at all. Or maybe that's why I have so many, I see too many sides. Who knows.

Don't know, don't care - here I am. But I don't know how to classify myself anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
You're just a crazy, wild-eyed radical aren't you? Add another one to the "militant moderate" column.

"Equivocation or death!"

Thanks Majic, I was feelin isolated in the middle, Koji "good work" on the chart I will be checkin on it as I am interested to see where we all stack up in this survey.

Relentless, Welcome to the middle, some call it "vanilla", but I like vanilla so it doesn't phase me......

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Excellent work! That's Way Above effort if ever I've seen it.

Let's get more of ATS to take the test.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Conservative/right libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

Makes sense that Atlas Shrugged is one of my favorite books!

Some of those questions seem kinda loaded, but overall it's a pretty good test.

I find it rather interesting that our politicians, as well as the ATS members, tend to lie along a diagonal between "left libertarian" and "right authoritarian." I guess that's pretty much going along the two party lines.

[edit on 8/1/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
No surpises here. I always knew I was a leftie

Economic Left/Right -4.00
Social Libertarianism/Authoritarian -4.46
joey

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's the latest graph:

(I know a few people were left out.. I made the graph yesterday. Don't worry though, I'll continue to update the graph for a few more weeks at least.)

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Heres my score

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

Cool site that was pretty interesting

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My scores:

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

Interesting (any annoying) methodology to their questions.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Whoa! I'm all out there by myself!
You know, those dots are starting to form a linear function... then again, it also looks like a star chart.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
According to this latest one-size-fits-all pop categorization I am:

-2.25 left/right
-3.85 libertarian/authoritarian

Some of the questions are so skewed like: 'punishment' or rehabilitation for convicted criminals. The reason you lock people up to keep society reasonably safe, it has nothing to do with morality (punishment), and society is under no particular obligation to 'rehabilitate' people.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
According to this latest one-size-fits-all pop categorization I am:

-2.25 left/right
-3.85 libertarian/authoritarian

Some of the questions are so skewed like: 'punishment' or rehabilitation for convicted criminals. The reason you lock people up to keep society reasonably safe, it has nothing to do with morality (punishment), and society is under no particular obligation to 'rehabilitate' people.

thanks to you and to all who have taken the poll so far!

the statement i think you mean is: "In criminal justice, punishment should be more important than rehabilitation." i wouldn't call it skewed because all you have to do is agree or disagree! granted it doesn't mention a point you feel is important regarding society and treatment of criminals, but that's not the point of the statement! it's just to see if you value punishment over rehabilitation.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I agree that a question could be skewed one way or another just by how you word the question. There seems to be equal amounts of questions that will move you to the right or left. Since if you strongly agree or strongly disagree with every question you will not leave the middle vertical line. But if you make the questions that move you to the right seem more extreme, and those that move you to the left seem more moderate question it will skew the results.

Also of important is to look into the people that you compare yourself too in the end. They have easy ones like the Gandhi is way to the lower left. Hitlers over at the end of authoritarian. Stalins way over in communism.

But then they start throwing Bush over here, Blair over there Kerry here. Unless these people really took the test how would you know they are in the right place?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

I am glad to see that I am not as weird as I had thought.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is what I got:

Economic Left/Right: 2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

Some people are saying that some of the questioned are a little... loaded. I agree, yet they appear to be equally loaded for each side.

Anyway, I enjoyed the test. I'm going to have everyone I know take it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join