It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
It is a known fact, we paid bin laden years ago.

No, actually, it s not a known fact at all

en.wikipedia.org...

He was one of our terrorists fighting for usa and then he went the other direction.

He thought of it as something different - he thought of the USA as fighting in his direction to rid Afghanistan of the atheist communists - so the USA was helping him, not the other way around.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by JerryB08

What a load of crap. If I recall it was'nt that long ago some Australian troops lost lives because 200 Americans at an airforce base sat on their arses when they requested air cover. You can't be trusted, even by the British and other Coalition Forces.

The number of American students studying in Australia far exceeds by a long shot the number of Australians studying in the USA. You ought to do some research before you spout your mouth off. I did mine.

You are in no position to be judging the ANZACs over there in Afghanistan; we KNOW our men are far more desciplined and better trained than yours. We don't hear stories of our boys committing murder, committing rape and acting as drug muels in Afghanistan and we also don't hear about our soldiers murdering their own comrades who find out whats really going on over there among afew bad apples of your military.

21% of American soldiers in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars have died because of "friendly" fire...a large number of them were murdered by their own and the cover ups continue. Pat Tillman,a well known footy player, is a perfect example and he's just one of many who was murdered because he knew too much, wanted out of the military, and was planning on telling the American people what was really going on with those poppy fields.

I've only been posting on ATS for around a week - but I've already learnt the lesson to steer clear of muppets like this.

They are only trying to derail the topic and get a rise out of everyone - he's most probably a 14 year old who has been playing way too much COD.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
. It's like all you people know how to do is lose and withdraw.

It's a shame your father didn't.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'd say cheering a man's death isn't very civilized. It's one thing to kill someone, its another thing to love it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This may or may not be random, i dont believe that osama was assassinated, i believe he died of natural causes in 2001 however, they are saying that he was found in a mansion near a pakistani military base, i dont know about the rest of the world but im pretty sure if i was working in a military base and heard gun shots and a helicopter go down and fire roaring, i would think my country was under attack, wouldn't you?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm actually VERY surprised by peoples reactions of it over here. I've personally taken the belief that he's been dead awhile, but since the news of his 'recent death' broke, people who I thought wouldn't even think about 'conspiracy theories' have had very similar opinions as myself. It's been nice, makes me think maybe some aren't a total lost cause.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Nice statements about Big Bro coming from a land that has Socialized medicine and gun control already.

How's your patriot act and the TSA working out for you matey

Our health care system works for us,so what your problem with it ? funny i understand why you guys don't want public health care,but why the hell can't you guys accept it works in some country's and the people in those country's are all for it,

As for the OP ,Maybe if the title read "What a small percentage of Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!" it would have been more accurate ,let's be honest here if the US cured cancer tomorrow some lefty Australian reporters would find a way to criticise it,A few left wing newspaper writers do not represent the views of the majority of Australians ,

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by TSSCI

Originally posted by windwaker
I promise you, if the man that admittedly orchestrated the killing of 4000+ innocent civilians and also indirectly cause the deaths of 4000+ US soldiers and countless hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghanis was in front of my face, and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to put him down.

Trial and sentencing? Are you kidding me? The man was calling for Jihad. This is the same guy who would have covered your wives from head to toe in cloth and forced you to live by Sharia Law if he had his way.

You bleeding hearts are out of your minds. If the whole world thought like you did we'd be living under the rule of Hitler's Third Reich.

Plus, there's no time for trial and "justice" in May of 2011, because Fukushima radiation is spreading like wildfire, and Nibiru will destroy the planet soon. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

edit on 4-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: text

I Feel the same, as a 20 yr Veteran of the US Military, I dont see how anyone would not celebrate. I think everyone in this country knows someone who had lost a relative, friend, etc. No different then how the family reacts in a courtroom when justice is carried out when the person is found guilty of killing your relative. If it happened to your country and it was your relatives, friends then yoou might feel different. I really dont care what other countries think of the USA. I am glad we had the balls to get it done. I am not an Obama supporter, but I am damn glad he made the call he did. I just saw a poll and over 90 percent of americans feel the same way.

What about the US soldiers who were dragged through the streets and killed in celebration by some of these people? Some of you need to get real and I hope the future of our country is not one of weakness that i see here sometimes.

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: fix text

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: text

I agree.

Most of the people are non US citizens who are against the celebration of the news by the americans.

Big deal if the people celebrated on the streets and showed their support to the political system (good or bad).

Who cares what the Australian Media or any other country think of the POTUS's action. One cannot possibly please everyone with their decisions. Thats the first lesson to be learned as a leader. Too bad if some countries and their citizens or the media didnt like it.

... and herein is the issue, Americans thinking that they are rulers of the world, and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

It's a dangerous and very slippery slope.

No. Thats what you think. You are typing words which are your own speculation.

I'm an american and i dont think that we are the rulers of the world. Its what others perceive about the US Foreign Policies that brand the average americans and their thinking. You are stereotyping as we as Americans share just about the same common dreams and aspire the same common goals and weave the same complex webs of life.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

ha ha. Well I'm guessing an Aussie special forces member or their propaganda arm wrote that. They weren't even in the same sectors. Complete BS. And I was there. I also was there when your professional surrenderer's and quitters ran with there tail between their legs in 2009 when things got a little hot. Get your facts straight, and go put a new tin foil hat on because their getting to you.

Every commonwealth designated area needed to be taken over by US forces and we had to put our foots on their throats. Those are the facts and look them up.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Fair enough. We have our own left wing nutt jobs. So that I can understand. I think though with the international criticism we are getting few countries are going to get help from the USA anymore. We don't forget. As far as your nationalized healthcare I could see where it could work in a very small country. But every one I know in Canada and England Hates it. BTW how did you guys let them disarm you? And why?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Awe, did I hit a nerve? I'm sorry I'm just speaking facts from a Brit history book.
I didn't write it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karfer

nO your commonwealth thinks being civilized is conquering a country if you manage in slaving it's people and stealing their resources is civilized. You remember the last conflict in Afghanistan and Pakistan the commonwealth was is in? A shame they crushed you. Look it up. The worlds most notorious colonizing murders talking about being civilized now that's funny.

I felt no joy when word broke that OBL was fish food but now that i have found out that it bothers the rest of the clowns in the world i'm gonna have an OBL death party tonight.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Funny It seems to me that most likely you are the video game couch commando around 14 years old. Where were you based when your beat forces put their tail between they're legs and left Afghanistan? I was in country.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ExCommando

Funny It seems to me that most likely you are the video game couch commando around 14 years old. Where were you based when your beat forces put their tail between they're legs and left Afghanistan? I was in country.

Sent you a U2U with specific information - for obvious reasons would prefer you to keep the contents of the U2U to yourself.
Feel free to reply.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by karfer

nO your commonwealth thinks being civilized is conquering a country if you manage in slaving it's people and stealing their resources is civilized. You remember the last conflict in Afghanistan and Pakistan the commonwealth was is in? A shame they crushed you. Look it up.

en.wikipedia.org...

apparently they didn't crush anyone at all.

The worlds most notorious colonizing murders talking about being civilized now that's funny.

I didn't realise he was Belgian or American.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Travlla

Fair enough. We have our own left wing nutt jobs. So that I can understand. I think though with the international criticism we are getting few countries are going to get help from the USA anymore. We don't forget. As far as your nationalized healthcare I could see where it could work in a very small country. But every one I know in Canada and England Hates it. BTW how did you guys let them disarm you? And why?

We have no right to bear arms so it wasn't really hard for the government to introduce tougher gun laws,plus most of the the population was for tighter gun controls after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre (35 dead 21 wounded) ,semi auto's,pump action shot guns and a lot of hand guns were banned,although some farmers and pro shooters can get permits to obtain semi auto's,i find it strange (but good) that i cant own a pump action shotty but a pump action rifle is ok,
the states had to agree to a national firearms agreement because the Australian Constitution does not give the Commonwealth power to enact gun laws.

A lot of peeps(even Aussie's) think we cannot own guns full stop,but this is untrue,fill out the forms do a firearms safety course,show genuine need to own a firearm (self defence is not a genuine need) such as shooting feral animals on crown land,and unless you have conviction for violence etc you will get a gun licence,i have to keep my firearms in a gun safe that is bolted to the floor,but as i have children i would anyway,plus when my house was burgled a few years ago my guns were not taken either was the cash or jewellery that was in the gun safe,

As for the Aussie v USA crap going on here i think it's BS, we both have our good points and our bad point's but are very alike,as are Canadians,Brits and New Zealanders,

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla
As for the Aussie v USA crap going on here i think it's BS, we both have our good points and our bad point's but are very alike,as are Canadians,Brits and New Zealanders,

I disagree violently!
As two of those nationalities NZer and Brit, I think we're nothing like Canadians, Aussies or Americans..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by arbiture

Lets put it this way my friend. OBL was killed despite the documented fact he "threw women and children" in front of our soldier's, they "did the math" they are taught to do in our special forces. One lady was shot in the leg. She was a victim and we took care of her. No other "non-combatatnts" were hit.

I think we all know none of that is true, by now! You make it all sound so gentle and "shucks, ma'am..." I mean "lady'? What is this, the 1950s?
What really happened
Vicky

Thanks for saying that though I take it you mean that you see me as naive. Don't bet on it. I've been around the block, and world more then once. But gentle? Why not? I am confident enough in my status not to have to prove any "authority". I already have many times. By the way, I'm a guy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture[/i

Thanks for saying that though I take it you mean that you see me as naive. Don't bet on it. I've been around the block, and world more then once. But gentle? Why not? I am confident enough in my status not to have to prove any "authority". I already have many times. By the way, I'm a guy.

I never thought you were otherwise! What I meant (I don't think you understood me), is that you made it all sound like a Hollywood war movie, with the strong, brave American soldiers, helping the poor 'lady' (that they themselves had shot!) Soldiers (there's no apostrophe in plurals) have one purpose - to kill people, and if you have followed the link you'll know it's complete rubbish that OBL "threw women and children in front of (your) soldiers". That's complete rubbish.
Yes, you are naive, or you're very, very gullible.
Vicky
edit on 12/5/11 by Vicky32 because: Several futile attempts to fix formatting - you can see I failed! NO IDEA WHY, so worry it's untidy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I'd say cheering a man's death isn't very civilized.

And why would you consider the United States, with it's draconian and barbaric laws (death penalty, life imprisonment for non-violent offenses), enormous prison population and militarized police mentality civilized? Handling this situation with class and dignity is the last thing I would expect from the U.S. Government, since you can't buy nor steal either of those qualities.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join