It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The US and Australia have had tight military bonds sense world war 2, and if i remember correctly, you guys where helping us out in Vietnam even.

So basically, the little tiny army of Australia who gave what! 1000 soldiers, the ones that cried like baby with soggy diaper when 2 of its soldiers was killed. That’s help, and you wonder why I’m mad at Australia for opening its face up in the matter, and by the way, Australia was scared to helping.

‘AND IF YOU’RE NOT WITH US, THEN YOU’RE AGAINST US’

‘KING KONG DON’T GOT NOTHING ON ME’

‘I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE GENEVA CONVENTION, NATO, WORLD OPINION’

Great moments from Georgy pudding Bush.

Ok president of the USA, ‘WE’S A COMING SIR, US AUSTRALIANS ARE RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE’
YES SIR, NO SIR ,OK SIR

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

you really are george bush. Bored at home still spruiking your line in that unmistakably clunky way right down to the spelling mistakes and the elaborate cover up of said illiteracy. "i meant traders not traiter's, (sic)" or traitors even...

edit on 4-5-2011 by w3thepatient because: add on

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

As an American, I fully agree with you. It's disgraceful the way many in this country behaved exactly the way they so hypocritically detest when others do.

Agreed. And based on the conversations I've had with my American freinds the past few days, this is a widely held sentiment.

Wouldn't it be nice if the media interviewed all the folks who are saying the same thing instead of making us all look like a bunch of futball hooligans?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

The US and Australia have had tight military bonds sense world war 2, and if i remember correctly, you guys where helping us out in Vietnam even.

So basically, the little tiny army of Australia who gave what! 1000 soldiers, the ones that cried like baby with soggy diaper when 2 of its soldiers was killed. That’s help, and you wonder why I’m mad at Australia for opening its face up in the matter, and by the way, Australia was scared to helping.

Ok president of the USA, ‘WE’S A COMING SIR, US AUSTRALIANS ARE RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE’
YES SIR, NO SIR ,OK SIR

Oh. My. God.

You can't be serious?

Right now, I would absolutely love to sit down with you in a room, with a few mates of mine in the US Spec Ops community, and see how they would react to you saying what you just said.

It would be an absolutely glorious moment.

There would be no violence at all, but it would be a short, and very heated conversation, which would revolve around you basically wetting yourself, and then apologizing.

I would then request that you come back to this thread, and post your apology for everyone to see - I would also request that you inform everyone that you are a keyboard warrior, have no practical worldly or military experience.

Lastly, I would ask that you spend some time with returned Australian vets from the Afghanistan campaign - meet the families of the men who died, and see if you are man enough to tell their families that they "cried like babies".

You're a disgrace, and honestly, I think you should thank whatever power you believe in that we are separated by an ocean and the internet, because if anyone ever had the stupidity to say what you said to my face, all logic and basic common sense would leave me for the few seconds it would take to teach you a lesson.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

sigh~

Zazz hangs her head in shame, sorry she got caught in trolling excercise.......
Forgive me ATS, I dont usually slip up like this

edit on 4-5-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ExCommando

My answer to you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41e1daf6ed81.jpg[/atsimg]

911 Was a act of high treason..............funded by and committed against the American People by a fraction of her own government.

link   

I think he is just a troll trying to get a rise out of people.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

YES SIR, NO SIR ,OK SIR

Further to my last, I will not enter into further trolling discussion with you - I've actually made a mistake by spending the time to reply to you, and I won't let this thread get hijacked by you.

You're more than welcome to private message me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
I want to make something VERY CLEAR to the rest of the world as I am an American citizen, born and raised in Texas. We aren't all parading around like it's a national "F"ing holiday about this news... When I first heard about this on Monday morning radio while driving to work, my first reaction was "okay so they finally got his ass"... But when I heard about people celebrating in the streets and Obama saying it's a great day for America and god was on our side and whatnot, it made me sick to think that this is how we're reacting to someone being executed regardless of the fact that he was a cold hearted murderer. This isnt what America is supposed to be about... This isnt how the American president is supposed to break news to the public and it's not something to celebrate IMO...

What really gets me about this whole situation is I've now started to really wonder, what makes America any different than some of these other "F"ed up countries where the govt is in complete control of and do as they please whenever the hell they want. Now our president can give "Kill" orders and people are happy about it? What is the hell is this country coming to?

I'll second that. We are increasingly becoming that which they are telling us to hate. We used to be a country "under GOD", now we can't even say that in school. Children are ruling parents because of government programs like "Planned Parenthood" and Foster children "camps" threatening to take your kids away if you admonish them even remotely. You can just yell at them and they can take them away because it's verbally "abusive", but the government can take them away from you and put them into physically abusive homes ...and they then do nothing. Women are ruling men (feminist...don't worry, moving on) and men are becomming more effeminate (wake up you silly [email protected] remember..."THIS IS SPARTA!!!!"....feel anything yet? Women got your pelotas in their pockets huh? Get back to your roots men.). Anyway, criminals wear suits and beg for votes while making millions off of your tax dollars while you go increasingly into debt...they shake your hand and put on a charming smile and make women swoon to the point of hypnotism and stupidity (Obama...looking in your direction), they kiss your nanies while really wanting to eat them at their next Occult, luciferian get together. This whole damn country has flipped over on it's ear.....it is now "one nation under Satan"...I do believe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

YES SIR, NO SIR ,OK SIR

Umm, are you really an American? Or are you a ringer, spreading bad opinion of us?

Either way....shut up. Please. Whoever let you out, shouldn't have.
And this is my first and last response to ya.

Thank you and Have a Nice Day and Don't Forget, The U.S. Government is Here To Help You!
edit on 5/4/2011 by Tsurugi because: Added some stuff.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

The american bloodlust is media mainly. Don't believe everything you see
on tv friend.

I have yet to witness anyone mention joy over Osama's alleged assassination
in person.

I agree.

What I have heard are discussions about the lack of due process and its implications for the Rule of Law.

If the White House can order OBL killed without a trial what is to stop them from ordering .... say Julian Assange of Wikileaks killed or /ruby.htm]Randy Weaver killed. OOPS that is right the US government DID order Randy Weaver killed and then covered it up.

Personally I smell decades old dead fish on this one and do not forget, if the nationwide media can show film footage of my college staging a major riot when I KNOW no riot actually occurred, then the propaganda arm of TPTB can show film footage of celebration at the news OBL is dead.

As I explained a couple of months ago in a thread called Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack We are being set up for another major attack by the Muslim to push the USA into a major war in the Middle East.

This is just part of the first stage, to aggravate, literally to goad them until they had no choice but to strike back (sound familiar?)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is why people shouldn't post drunk.

This drunken rant, in no way represents this country. Aussies are our brothers and our allies, and the majority of us know that. There are a few hyper-nationalistic rednecks that beat their chests, usually because they have some sort of complex. Don't pay any attention to them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Not that I agree with all that's gone on or even that I believe the official story on the killing of Bin Laden. But we as in the U.S.A are a sovereign nation. We're not subject to the U.N or any of that. They are in fact an enemy of freedom. I don't agree with us being world police but I also don't agree with people telling us how to do business. Much of what goes on in regard to laws on us and action's taken internationally are unconstitutional. So I'm against all that. The infiltrators of the Federal Government are the one's bowing to Saudi Royalty while claiming to be for human rights. They're the hypocrites which people so mindlessly vote for as if they had no brain. But when it comes down to it, this is our country. These are our laws, our rules and if you don't like that's fine. But we'll never bow to the U.N.
edit on 4-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I promise you, if the man that admittedly orchestrated the killing of 4000+ innocent civilians and also indirectly cause the deaths of 4000+ US soldiers and countless hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghanis was in front of my face, and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to put him down.

Trial and sentencing? Are you kidding me? The man was calling for Jihad. This is the same guy who would have covered your wives from head to toe in cloth and forced you to live by Sharia Law if he had his way.

You bleeding hearts are out of your minds. If the whole world thought like you did we'd be living under the rule of Hitler's Third Reich.

Plus, there's no time for trial and "justice" in May of 2011, because Fukushima radiation is spreading like wildfire, and Nibiru will destroy the planet soon. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

edit on 4-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: text

I Feel the same, as a 20 yr Veteran of the US Military, I dont see how anyone would not celebrate. I think everyone in this country knows someone who had lost a relative, friend, etc. No different then how the family reacts in a courtroom when justice is carried out when the person is found guilty of killing your relative. If it happened to your country and it was your relatives, friends then yoou might feel different. I really dont care what other countries think of the USA. I am glad we had the balls to get it done. I am not an Obama supporter, but I am damn glad he made the call he did. I just saw a poll and over 90 percent of americans feel the same way.

What about the US soldiers who were dragged through the streets and killed in celebration by some of these people? Some of you need to get real and I hope the future of our country is not one of weakness that i see here sometimes.

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: fix text

edit on 4-5-2011 by TSSCI because: text

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"Bloody joking mate"??

I am becoming less and less convinced this Gemini person is American. But whatever.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

my father has expressed some joy over this death. He's the only one I know though.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
I want to make something VERY CLEAR to the rest of the world as I am an American citizen, born and raised in Texas. We aren't all parading around like it's a national "F"ing holiday about this news... When I first heard about this on Monday morning radio while driving to work, my first reaction was "okay so they finally got his ass"... But when I heard about people celebrating in the streets and Obama saying it's a great day for America and god was on our side and whatnot, it made me sick to think that this is how we're reacting to someone being executed regardless of the fact that he was a cold hearted murderer. This isnt what America is supposed to be about... This isnt how the American president is supposed to break news to the public and it's not something to celebrate IMO...

What really gets me about this whole situation is I've now started to really wonder, what makes America any different than some of these other "F"ed up countries where the govt is in complete control of and do as they please whenever the hell they want. Now our president can give "Kill" orders and people are happy about it? What is the hell is this country coming to?

Thank you for posting this. It means a lot to me coming from a Texan ... You have no idea how disturbed I am about the assassination. We have de facto become "them". The terrorists have actually won this war, because the US has abandoned everything that this beautiful country is built on and we have gone to the dark side. How can we go around the world "democratizing" other countries when we don't follow our own rules.

We have become them ...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this all right now. There are too many odd things that did go on with the "killing" of OBL. On the point of people cheering in the streets, there are many backward people everywhere and one thing I will say about most American is that they are lemmings. A few can people can start maddness. However I also remember after Sept. 11 MANY middle easterners celebrating and dancing in the streets. No I don't believe 2 wrongs make a right, just stating some facts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

The US resembles the land of the munchkins as it celebrates the death of the wicked witch of the East. The joy is understandable but, to many outsiders, unattractive. It endorses what looks increasingly like a cold-blooded assassination ordered by a president who, as a former law professor, knows the absurdity of his statement that "justice was done". Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Australia has, and probably always will, have a very healthy "respect" for America, due to obvious strategic, military and trade alignments.

However, there is a growing ground swell of negative sentiment from the press towards our big brother, and one of the most glowing examples is the above linked piece in the Sydney Morning Herald.

The future depends on respect for international law, with which the US has always had an uneasy relationship

also

Bush publicly stated after September 11, 2001, that he wanted bin Laden's "head on a plate". Did Obama order his capture, or his execution?

International law states that a right to surrender be given - however, the above highlights that maybe the option of surrender wasn't to be given (head on a plate scenario doesn't leave much wiggle room for surrender?).

I want to be clear on something - I served in Afghanistan at the very start of the campaign with Australian SF, side by side the US - so I have no love for OBL or AQ.

What I am concerned about is the slippery slope that the US Government has started to slide down, and the apparent blood lust of the American people.

It raises the question - how are we better than them, if this is the way we react, and if these actions are deemed acceptable?

Your smoking something man. Most people I know are still hung up on "and they dumped the body in the ocean?". Heck when my employers wife told him about it(how they got rid of the body) he didn't believe her at first.

I think a lot of people are being woken up over this. And as for comments from foreign(non-American) nationals that touch on American national security in an almost threatening kind of way;MAD(Mutual Assured Destruction) is always in play. If all the nations of the Earth united against America it would just mean our species would probably become extinct, and we will leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join