It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Lets remember that OBL explicitly declared war (in his own words) against the USA and took commensurate action to make war on the US. The US made war back. What else could be expected?

OBL was not an involuntary conscript. Legally I see no difference between this and bombing Berlin in 1945 and hitting Adolf.

And I'm sure there were plenty of celebrations in Australia on V-E day.

edit on 4-5-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio this morning driving to work and it was the usual rubbish being spewed but at the end the reporter went on to say BO's popularity has increased with the american people 60percent, I thought to myself, hang on a minute, the presidents announcement was Sunday evening, this is Wednesday morning how did they get to ask the american people in that short space of time what they now think of BO? How many of you Americans were asked? Sorry if it was already mentioned and off topic.

Satellite1

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

International law states that a right to surrender be given - however, the above highlights that maybe the option of surrender wasn't to be given (head on a plate scenario doesn't leave much wiggle room for surrender?).

All he had to do was release another Video. This one stating where and when he will be waiting with his white flags.

It's not like he didn't know we were looking for him

-Alien

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If George W was still in power, the SMH would be kissing his butt!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I realize this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to vent about a notorious mass murderer, and life is short, so here I go:

If I were the Navy Seal who shot Osama Bin Laden, I would not have shot him in the eye. I would have shot him his groin and turn him into a proper lady. Then, as he lay their begging me to just get it over with and kill him, I'd take a sharp knife, and cut his head off.

After holding his head up high for everyone to see, I'd commence scalping. I'd clean the skin off on his head, crack open his skull, pop a squat, and drop a few fresh turds into his freshly cracked skull.

Then I'd give him a proper burial at sea, after I paraded his rotting carcass around the streets of Manhattan for all New Yorkers to see and cheer.

That's how I would fantasize killing Osama Bin Laden. Is that too harsh?

Comments?

I am confident from your post that you have never served in the military, let alone a SF unit, and have definitely never been involved in combat or taken another mans life.

Furthermore, I am fairly certain that, regardless of the person, if you shot someone in the groin, and saw the agony you have inflicted, you would not then cut their head off and scalp them.

IF you did, you would be the worst of the worst, equal only to those extremist terrorists that do actions like this, and you, by your own actions, would also deserve to have your life taken.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Annee

The Sydney Morning Herald is a more balanced news paper than the rest we have here, less bias reporting.
Most of the news articles i have read are definately pro US, anti OBL.

Thank you.

There is definitely room for all views.

But - I felt this presenting of only one side - - - was unfair. Especially to Australians.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It raises the question - how are we better than them, if this is the way we react, and if these actions are deemed acceptable?

I live in the US and I'm shocked that everybody is celebrating a cold-blooded murder. Where was the man's fair trial? Well, there couldn't be a trial because Bin Laden knew too much.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
You people are just cry babies. Osama deserved the worst death imaginable. What do you think that you can kill hundreds of people and expect president to care about following rules when it comes to your assasination. Grow up, F*ck the rules, f*ck what Australians say, kiss my azz, you cowards.
edit on 4-5-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

Go troll elsewhere...

Australian's, like a good many people across the world respect a fair deal. I personally also respect facts - HARD FACTS!

Of which NONE have been shown thus far. Nothing conclusive to suggest any of the lies and BS we have been fed about 9/11 and osama to be the gospel truth! You can believe the smokescreen the media have led you to believe, and even then your response is no better than those who celebrated and burned american flags on the day of 9/11.

Cowards bomb countries rather than engage in diplomacy. Cowards twist facts to suit agenda's. Cowards DO NOT face up to the problems they helped create in the first place. Cowards shoot un-armed men who refuse to surrender (allegedly I might add, as no verifiable facts have been released to prove this).

However I will go out on a limb and state you are in the minority, a select few who completely fail to see beyond the boundaries of your own falsified reality... much like this guy on the NYC Subway.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
You people are just cry babies. Osama deserved the worst death imaginable. What do you think that you can kill hundreds of people and expect president to care about following rules when it comes to your assasination. Grow up, F*ck the rules, f*ck what Australians say, kiss my azz, you cowards.
edit on 4-5-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

Would you write the same if a family member was taken out like that without a fair trial ...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
From what I've been seeing I would expect this type of judgement and criticisms
nothing surprising anymore
exactly following along as planned
it couldn't be scripted any better(in a bad way)
MSM is doing what they always do
seems like one big evil play going on

edit on 4-5-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Have they already shown pictures of his dialysis machine?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

The american bloodlust is media mainly. Don't believe everything you see
on tv friend.

I have yet to witness anyone mention joy over osama's alleged assassination
in person.

These people seem pretty happy to me:

edit on 4-5-2011 by seabhac-rua because: xxx

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would just like to take a moment to call BS on all the people saying they think it is disgraceful and against normal Americans. The last time I checked it is okay to show severe violence on American television but a single boob is not permitted.

I recall a super bowl where in the half time show a boob was exposed. This was a major huge scandal causing major outrage. I've seen foot ball (american) where legs are broken and sticking out, people get severely damaged on television and it is no big deal.

It is OK to watch a UFC cage match with your kids, or boxing, or any other violence. It isn't difficult to find someone who approves of the death penalty and with very little looking you can find many who want to see it expanded.

I love America, but this attitude does not represent me as an American. To say it doesn't represent at least a large portion of Americans is being dishonest.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

You're wrong my friend. You are an example of a coward. People like Osama wouldnt offer you a trial even if you deserved one, so why should anyone?. Maybe if he killed less than 10 people it would be a good thing, but the guy killed hundreds. If it's up to cowards like you criminals would live years and years in hiding until they are caught n then put through the justice system. They should've hung him in times sq. and let everyone poke his balls with needles and free hits for everyone. Seriously stop thinking that justice is the answer. To this man justice wouldve only enabled him to continue his terrorist bs. Put the bastard in jail and let him eat american food, get him nice and healthy and let him continue his bs from prison, that's why you're a coward, because this is what you want for the guy. I say burn all the terrorist, no trials no laws. Fu*ck them. Terror feeds off people like you who dont think about terrorist dying in worse ways than they can imagine their victims dying. Terror cannot be faught with justice, only with worse terror. Grow some balls lady.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
To the OP of which is the only post I read in this thread:

I do not appreciate you words "blood lust of the American people." The American people are no different then any other people in their Countries.

edit on 4-5-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

if you really believe that then you are extremely deluded my friend..... yes people are passionate about their home land, me for one being English can understand that, but you guys proper take the cake in this respects

1000's of people standing outside the White House waving flags and holding signs that celebrate the alleged death of someone that is really no different to their (USA) previous President.....

From what I can gather here in Oz there is large percentage of people in particular younger generations that do not believe that Osama was killed in this raid.... if anything they believe he was already dead and brought his face back to save election hopes for Obama and adjust the economic situation as it has.....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If the Bastard was murdered,it sure as hell doesn't bother Me! It's well deserved after his planning the murder of 3,000+ Americans on 9-11. If OBL was killed on Sunday,I hope He's suffering in hell right now!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

My family members never planned the deaths of hundreds of Americans. If any of them did, then I could care less wether their trialed or not. Trials are a continuation of terror and the guaranteed safety of the terrorist. Put someone in a cell and let them think about what they have done? seriously... It is people like you who will never stand up for their country in times of great need, because you rely on the justice system.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

i thought of this quote commando after reading your original post.
"the principle of universality: if an action is right (or wrong) for others, it is right (or wrong) for us. Those who do not rise to the minimal moral level of applying to themselves the standards they apply to others plainly cannot be taken seriously when they speak of appropriateness of response; or of right and wrong, good and evil."
Noam Chomsky

thanks for pointing out the SMH article, it inspired me on a net surfing session that ended at www.killinghope.org
and the discovery of the author William Blum. Interesting site and an interesting man.
Coincidentally on the day of "Usama's" death i had just finished reading, Secret Armies by James Adams which gives a great insight into the thinking behind the creation of special forces and their evolution.

Could it be possible that special forces psychological operations would extend to a staged raid and subsequent media releases?

ex pus here

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

Maybe you should upgrade your CPU from 2 to 8 bits. You sound as dumb as GW.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join