It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love You

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I feel sadness today about many people's attitudes. Don't get me wrong. I always uphold and respect people's absolute right to their opinions and points of view, and I am not suggesting that they should not have then. I'm just being honest about how they make me fell. Sad.

These are all things I've actually seen, heard, and read over the last two weeks, without exaggeration. (And no, I'm not trying to make any one of these synonymous with the others or suggest that if one holds one view, they hold the others. Just want to make that clear.)

• Are you poor? It's your fault. You're lazy. If only you would try, you wouldn't be poor.
  • Did you lose everything - maybe even your life - due to a hurricane? You were too stupid to leave.
  • Don't wear socially acceptable clothing? You deserve to be shunned. You should know better.
  • Dying from a health problem? It's your fault. You're weak and lack willpower and dedication.
  • Did you get raped? You shouldn't have dressed the way you did.
  • Are you starving/homeless because your benefits ran out? Good. At least you're not sucking up MY tax dollars anymore.
  • Are you ugly? Well you should know better than to expect anyone to be nice to you. Get a face lift and a nose job.
  • Can't afford (insert good/product/service/need)? You must be poor. which is your fault, and makes you an invalid person who doesn't deserve it in the first place.
  • Suffer from a health or mental health problem that has resisted treatment? Too bad. The good of the many outweighs the good of the few or the one. Your death or suffering isn't my concern.
  • You hold THAT opinion? Well you must be (insert derogatory ad hominem attack here.)
  • You hold THAT philosophical position? (Repeat above.)

Etc. etc. etc.

All I, at the end of the day, desire is to love, and if at all possible be loved by, my fellow human beings inhabiting this planet with me. But lately it seems like that simple concept is almost a rebellious act. An act of defiance. Openly talking about compassion is like coming out in favor of murdering children or something. (Rhetorically speaking.) People look at you like you have lobsters crawling out of your ears. You're naive. You're weak. You don't count. You're just plain wrongheaded and stupid.

It makes me very sad. I will never call people who hold such views stupid, bad people, invalid, or suggest that they have no right to their views. But it can and does make me sad, and I just wanted to express that.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
You know, this topic is the only bastion of consistent positivity and uplifting-ness on the internet for me lol. Every other discussion (not so much on ATS, but elsewhere) I engage in is so laced with ego and hostility that it's literally draining.

You know the kinds of posters I mean. You post a simple opinion, and they snarkily pick it apart and troll you. You try to be respectful and polite, go out of your way to make clear your good intentions and respect for their view, and they just cut you to pieces regardless. Then they engage in pubescent, angry, vitriol-filled attempts at one-ups-man-ship and verbal competition. Or they do the alpha, hyper-competitive, "your opinion is wrong" thing.

No matter how far you go to let them know, "Hey, I'm not in a fight with you. I respect your opinion. No ill will," etc. they just insist on attacking. The whole internet - virtually - seems to be that way these days. It's incredibly saddening and draining.

I'm glad this topic exists, because it's in line with my true feelings and attitudes toward other human beings on this planet. The mean trolls included lol.

I'm truly glad that you can still come here...to this thread, for refuge and peace.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling drained.

It's a huge reason why I have limited my time on the internet the last several days.

Too much yuck and muck for me my friend.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Love is such a strong emotion i wonder if it can be good.

I think so....simply b/c it is so strong.

I can respect your perspective and thoughts on it though too.

Anyone that has suffered and endured a true heartbreak can surely empathize with what you are saying.

I'm glad you found this thread

Hopefully you will come back

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And now, in the absolute cheesiest post I've ever made anywhere potentially...

Here's to the remaining lovers and dreamers in the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I still love you!

cheesy video included....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I hope this topic lives forever on ATS, and that anyone who needs it will find it.

Right now it's nearly Winter. The days are getting shorter, and the nights colder. Winter always feels to me like this dark cocoon we hibernate in for a while. People tend to gather together more, regardless of tradition, for closeness, family, and warmth (both figuratively and literally depending on where you are.) Shining in the cocoon and cold of Winter is people's love for one another, so to speak.

While I don't think this should be limited to a time of year, hopefully the time of year does inspire it to show more. And if it does, that's good imo. Peace and love.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

although I do not know you as a person, it doesn't matter, I can agree to dis-agree and not be hindered by what you or I believe .. because I love you as a human being, a fellow bi-ped, which truly means; I have compassion and deep caring for your personal success & those you love around you ..

It is my wish of wishes that in all you do, in all you say .. that you will remain successful, (but, never at the expense of others plights) not only in this life, but that which is to come. I hope and prayer that your success, be it material or spiritual, or both, breaks the 'mold' of success and I will be able to see it with my own eyes or hear of it with my own ears..

Yes, I Love you too!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I hope this topic lives forever on ATS, and that anyone who needs it will find it.

Right now it's nearly Winter. The days are getting shorter, and the nights colder. Winter always feels to me like this dark cocoon we hibernate in for a while. People tend to gather together more, regardless of tradition, for closeness, family, and warmth (both figuratively and literally depending on where you are.) Shining in the cocoon and cold of Winter is people's love for one another, so to speak.

While I don't think this should be limited to a time of year, hopefully the time of year does inspire it to show more. And if it does, that's good imo. Peace and love.

I hope this topic lives forever in the hearts of all mankind....Love! Love deeply, Love with your whole heart...Just Love!

I hope those that need the love....find the love!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

although I do not know you as a person, it doesn't matter, I can agree to dis-agree and not be hindered by what you or I believe .. because I love you as a human being, a fellow bi-ped, which truly means; I have compassion and deep caring for your personal success & those you love around you ..

It is my wish of wishes that in all you do, in all you say .. that you will remain successful, (but, never at the expense of others plights) not only in this life, but that which is to come. I hope and prayer that your success, be it material or spiritual, or both, breaks the 'mold' of success and I will be able to see it with my own eyes or hear of it with my own ears..

Yes, I Love you too!

edit on 22-11-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

Well....thank you

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Love is essential...Love is required...

Love is all that will be left.

All that will be left to be desired.

Love..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ah, the love thread is resurrected for my birthday, coincidentally!
What better gift could there be?

Love to all.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Ahhhhh!!! Happy belated Birthday my friend!

Sorry I missed it by a few days.

I hope all is well with you and that you had a great birthday!

Much Love to you! I'm blowing you a birthday kiss and sending you a big birthday hug!
edit on 11-12-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thanks! It's ultimately just a day, but seeing the love topic rise back up my list of subscribed topics was all I really needed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thanks! It's ultimately just a day, but seeing the love topic rise back up my list of subscribed topics was all I really needed.

You have such a warm and kind heart.....I love you even more now!

It really is the simple things in life that truly matter isn't it?

The material things are just that...material. They do not make us who we are.

It doesn't matter where we live, what we own or, what we wear...it's about who we are as a whole.

You really seem to understand that concept and that is why I love who you are as a person.

You have an amazing soul and I'm so grateful that we have found a way to connect....even if it is via an internet forum.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You know, every time I get caught up in anything material and become sucked into it... it inevitably leads to disappointment, disillusionment. But something as simple as a human being smiling at me, is endlessly replenishing. Seriously. This is all we need imo. Maybe that's naive or overly idealistic. But one seems substantial yet leaves me feeling empty, while the other is fleeting, but endures and makes me feel fulfilled. That should tell me something, right? Lol.

Love love love.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You know, every time I get caught up in anything material and become sucked into it... it inevitably leads to disappointment, disillusionment. But something as simple as a human being smiling at me, is endlessly replenishing. Seriously. This is all we need imo. Maybe that's naive or overly idealistic. But one seems substantial yet leaves me feeling empty, while the other is fleeting, but endures and makes me feel fulfilled. That should tell me something, right? Lol.

Love love love.

Absoulutely right!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Love....

Just love....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
Love....

Just love....

Indeed. Especially today, as I have a feeling many may need it. And if they do, I freely give it. Love to everyone. I hope we all have a love filled and peaceful Winter.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just resurrecting this topic yet again. It's a new year, so I wanted to start it with this spirit in mind. I know a lot of people find this sappy, corny, unrealistic, etc. But it's still what I feel and believe.

It has been a somewhat dark month or two on ATS. Recent topics have brought out the anger in a lot of people. Some have called for harm and suffering to be inflicted on others. Others have felt as though their rights are under fire, and this has understandably caused great anger and fear for some. I understand and respect both, but for me... I just want to say that I don't wish ill on anyone. I love everyone and wish everyone the best.

Peace.
edit on 1/2/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Is this like you saying you love the world.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join