It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewarts Talk About Osama/Pakistan Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I watched the first segment of the daily show a few minutes ago and what caught my attention was how he bashed Pakistan. He showed a clip from Andrew Napolitano's show where Napolitano said "Wheres the videos/pictures..." Stewart dismissed that as crazy.

Stewart then went on to talk about Pakistan and how they "didnt know" Osama was there. He compared the Pakistan military academy , a half mile from Osamas compound, to West Point. Ill try to find the video of the show.

From what I saw, it almost looked like a stepping stone to (if not is) war mongering.

Anyone else watch it tonight and also what did you think when he was talking about Pakistan?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Didn't see it but willing to bet that Leibowitz put the usual mainstream media spin on it.

This man is 100% untrustworthy, check who he's connected with and the controversy about his real last name, very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It feels like 2003 all over again.

There are few more effective gate-keepers for the MSM agenda than John Stewart and his brother is head of the NYSE so he is most definitely connected.

If he's pushing an anti-Pakistan talking point, it's going to go viral and the typically young, anti-war, Obama-supporter demographic that is Stewart's audience will be rabid for it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Stewart then went on to talk about Pakistan and how they "didnt know" Osama was there.

Well they sure know about it now.

So what happens if the old compound becomes a shrine like Graceland is for Elvis. AlJazeera is reporting that hundreds from the area are flocking there already to get a look at the last home of Osama.

David Grouchy
edit on 3-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Half the people know we are being lied to.

Half the people believe the lies.

No one is gonna do a dang thing about it either way.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Haven't seen tonight show yet, but I have to say I got some really strange vibes from last night's show right along these same lines. Will check back after I watch it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If he's pushing an anti-Pakistan talking point, it's going to go viral and the typically young, anti-war, Obama-supporter demographic that is Stewart's audience will be rabid for it.

This is what Im afraid of. I dont know who the main audience of Stewart is, but I would think its a younger crowd, I didnt watch Stewart back in 2003, but it would be interesting to see what he was saying about Iraq at the time.

If what he did back in 2003 is similar to what he did tonight, I would think others are going to start a Pakistan war talking platform. He was pretty heated about the Pakistan situation. It looked like he put everything he had into calling Pakistan out.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I'm just alluding to the fact that in 2002-2003 the MSM in general, not John Stewart necessarily, ratcheted up the rhetoric on Iraq in full support of the Bush Administration's outright lies and manipulation of facts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stewart is just doing what he is told. Refer to this old post. His brother is a huge wall street exec and he's a Zionist at heart.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I stopped watching john Stewart just after i found out who his brother was, Source Google.
All of this and still Johnny's Mom lost big on the stock market, Source Google.
Then Johnny makes a big deal and pins the blame on Pastsy Jim Cramer, Source Financial Times.
Now i did not hear this from Financial Times, i saw the show where he crucified said patsy.
All of the financial connections in the world and he did not warn his own Mommy???
Both Johnny and his Brother are schills, in my opinion.
So anything on his show would just be misdirection.
(Edit)
I would assume the misdirect would be from the BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
There is a reason why there are so many holes in the Osama story.
edit on 3-5-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just found part of the video from tonight.

Jon Stewart Mocks Pakistan for Not Catching Bin Laden

Show, Jon Stewart moved past celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden and instead focused on a more serious question: If the al-Qaeda leader had been living in Pakistan for the past six years, why the hell didn't they ever catch him?

The video is on the site but I dont think it can be embedded on here.

Edit - Just found another site.

Jon Stewart: Osama Bin Laden Wasn’t Hiding In Pakistan, He Was Chilling There

Jon Stewart expressed comedic outrage at the realization that Osama bin Laden had been living in Pakistan for the past six years only a half mile away from Pakistan’s version of West Point. A distance so close, that “if the Pakistani Military Academy were Domino’s [Pizza], they would deliver to Bin Laden on foot!”

Not only should the mansion have been a clue, but Stewart rattled off a bunch of other details that should have made Bin Laden easier to find for the Pakistani people than a challenging game of “Where’s Waldo.” Yet Stewart was most “hurt” by former Pakistani Prime Minister Pervez Musharraf for allowing Bin Laden to “chill” in Pakistan, since Stewart once shared an enjoyable cup of tea with Musharraf when he appeared as a guest on The Daily Show.

edit on 3-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My own father has dismissed me when I bring up the fact that there hasn't been any proof shown that osama has been killed. It really frustrates me. If they would atleast show a couple pictures and possible the video I would absolutely believe it, but right now I'm just on the fence and getting more and more frustrated that they wont.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm back after watching the show.

Stewart hit Pakistan damn hard. And, almost hypocritically, at the same time he also took quite a few swipes at CTs
which is a trend increasing in the media in general. Guess they're being proactive in anticipating the usual...or they know a lot of what we're being fed is a crock.

edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
This man is 100% untrustworthy

You're kidding, right?

It's a comedy show... That's like saying Kyle from South Park is untrustworthy...

At any rate he did seem to go a bit overboard with his joy for this, but seeing as how he's a New Yorker it seems somewhat understandable...

War mongering? Seriously? He just sits there and calls Osama names for 10 minutes, you call that war mongering?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

No I'm afraid I'm not kidding. Wish I was.

War mongering? I don't believe I said anything remotely close to war mongering, nice try though and you're welcome to prove me wrong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Sorry, that was directed towards the OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

So what happens if the old compound becomes a shrine like Graceland is for Elvis. AlJazeera is reporting that hundreds from the area are flocking there already to get a look at the last home of Osama.

Which I argued from moment one when they announced their dumping of the body was to "prevent a shrine." I forgot about Graceland, but it should have been obvious. We have battlegounds, roadside shrines for those who die in car crashes, (in many states) who needs a grave to make a shrine? The "death spot" is at least as emotionally charged for many.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I saw that show. It was funny, I don't care who his brother is.

Another thing I find funny is how so many people discuss the Daily Show as if it were a real news show.
I guess we should start investigating the credibility of and agenda behind SNL's Weekend Update, too.

new topics

top topics

join