It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEXICO'S DRUG WAR: Shallow graves, deepening alarm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

MEXICO'S DRUG WAR: Shallow graves, deepening alarm

www.economist.com

OFFICIALLY, nearly 35,000 people have been killed since Mexico’s president, Felipe Calderón, began an assault on his country’s drug-trafficking “cartels” at the end of 2006. But the true body count will never be known. On April 6th police discovered mass graves near San Fernando, a town in Tamaulipas state near the border with the United States, which so far have yielded 183 bodies. Two weeks later hidden tombs were discovered in the north-western city of Durango from which 100 corpses have so far been extracted.

The Tamaulipas victims were apparently killed with sledgehammers or
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here is a map of the drug related violence within Mexico.
www.economist.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
tamaulipas is bad...very bad,i was there a month n a half ago,the towns looked like afghanistan at the height of the war,my family and other locals have had to appoint scouts like my cousin,to map out the safest routes through the cities,and the safest routes to other cities...I also went to my parents birth-state of zacatecas,i visited the city of zacatecas where my family owns a few ranches about 100 miles out in the back country..The villagers have began arming themselves and building their homes further into the forests to avoid cartels...Its absolutely devestating..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Crazy Mexico is pretty much in a civil war, and they are our neighbors... It's like America is Michael Corleone at the baptism.

Kinda cool if it's true. It would be a great plot and they would seriously be in league for some great tactician awards.

new topics

top topics

join