It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the announcement of the death of OBL affecting the world ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A lot have been written about the reaction of USA patriots (and how it surely have been staged)

I wish to know how the media are echoing the announcement (this term seems the more appropriate if we follow the adage : don't listen to what they say, but watch what they do) in other countries and how the public (whether sheeple or more critical thinkers) has/is reacting.

It might give us new angles on what is really happening and why not what we can expect next

members from France, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Russia, Pakistan, Egypt etc and everywhere else, please let us know how it is being played in your place, what you observe from your mass media and the reaction of your friends, family, coworkers...

As of India, where I am now, it went to front page of most papers (i didn't read to tell you whether the articles are any critical or not but i will do today and report later).
In the streets, i didn't observe any reaction, it's like nobody cares (which is great imo); but i'm in a small hindu pilgrimage place so it is not representative of whole India at all.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm in Oman, and no one cares. A lady announced it the other day in front of a group of 20+ Americans & Europeans, and the response was largely just shoulder shrugs.

Everyone assumes the Americans are very happy, but the Americans don't seem to really care. No one is talking about it.

The Europeans tend to think it probably wasn't him, and that Obama invented all this for personal gain.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

join