It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US do a hit to find out about Osama? Then invade Pakistan to get him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Heres a article that says Mohammad Nadeem owned the house that Osama was killed in.

epaper.dawn.com...

Seems Mohammad Nadeem was killed in a hit in Karachi.Did they kill this guy trying to find out if Osama Bin Laden was in his house?

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

Saturday, April 23, 2011
Two more shot dead in Karachi target killings

KARACHI: Two people, including former activist of banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, were shot dead in target killing incidents in different parts of the metropolis on Friday. A former activist of banned SSP was shot dead near Star Gate within the limits of Airport police station. The victim, Mohammad Nadeem, 40, son of Babu Khan, resident of Sector 4, Saudabad, was standing near the Macro Departmental Store near Star Gate when two armed men opened fire on him, resultantly he received two bullet injuries and died on the spot. The culprits fled after swift operation. Police said it was a target-killing incident. Separately, a bullet-riddled body of a man was found from Suparco Road, Mawach Goth in the limits of Maripur police station. The victim was later identified as 34-year-old Tariq, son of Abdul Rasheed, resident of Sector 10, Orangi Town. SHO Nasarullah said the victim’s hands and legs were tied with ropes and he had received two bullets, adding that unidentified culprits threw his body from a car and fled. staff report

I just wonder about all the Pakistani aircraft going down?
This could be the US helicopter. But then who were the dead?
www.avionews.com...

Pakistani Army helicopter crashes in Abbottabad. Involved in the attack on Bin Laden?
Abbotabad , Pakistan - Yet the dynamics of the accident are not clear

(WAPA) - A Pakistani military helicopter was shot down in the morning today, causing one dead and two injured. According to local broadcasters the incident happened around 1am in a hilly area of Abbottabad, a small town 60 km from the capital of Pakistan Islamabad.

The broadcaster reported that witnesses said they saw two helicopters flying over the area and then they heard several shots before one of the two machines crashed on the ground. It is not known exactly how many people were on board, because the aircraft could carry 8 to 10 passengers.

The rescue team rushed the scene shortly after the incident has been reported.

It is thought that this might be one of two helicopters used by US Navy special forces in action that led to the killing of Osama Bin Laden: US military sources have reported that in a raid one of the two Machines used was destroyed, but only after the occupants had disembarked. Which is confirmed by the shots heard by witnesses, indicating that the battle has broken out in-house bunker inhabited by the head of Al Qaeda, before he was eliminated.

Then we have another helicopter and a jet fighter.
www.thenewstribe.com...

Abbottabad: A Pakistan Army helicopter has been crashed near Tarbela in Haripur district Pakistan northwest Khyber Pukhtunkha province.

According to initial report a junior officer of Pakistan Army was killed and three ,including a Colonel was injured in the incident.Sources said that the chopper crashed in Pakisan Air Force (PAF) Ghazi Airbase and belonged to army’s Special Services Group (SSG)

Rescue teams have been sent to spot to shift the dead and injured to hospital, and to collect debris of the helicopter.

Earlier in the day, A Mirage jet fighter was also crashed near Jhang district of Punjab province, however the pilot had been safe in the incident.Official sources said that the incident occurred due to some technical fault.

And heres a article that is being blocked I was able to get access to it through TOR. It is a interesting read.

www.dawn.com...

ISAF Commander Gen Petraeus paid an extraordinary visit to Islamabad last Monday (April 25), when he is said to have held ‘a short and crisp’ discussion with Gen Kayani at an unusual meeting venue — Chaklala Airbase. The two generals are even said to have taken a short trip to an undisclosed location on board an aircraft. The same night Gen Petraeus had through teleconferencing attended a White House meeting chaired by President Barack Obama.

Observers feel that President Obama referred to that meeting in his speech on Monday morning, in which he announced the death of Osama: “And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorised an operation to get Osama Bin Laden and bring him to justice.”

The very next day, Pakistan’s top military coordination body — Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee — held its quarterly session, which was attended among others by ISI Chief Gen Shuja Pasha, who otherwise isn’t a regular member of the body. The meeting was unscheduled.

The final orders for the raid were signed by President Obama last Friday in the presence of National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, his deputy Denis McDonough and counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan.

However, it is not just the denial of the Pakistan army of any prior knowledge of the operation that is raising eyebrows.

Another anomaly in the Pakistan military’s account of the raid is their explanation of how four US helicopters evaded the country’s air defence system for about an hour (almost 30 minutes each side) as they flew in from Bagram and returned after a 40-minute long foray.

One official claimed that the helicopters succeeded in avoiding detection through ‘Nap of the earth flight’ — a military tactic involving low-altitude flying to evade air defence systems. Yet another maintained that the air defence systems had been jammed by the Americans.

If this sequence of events is to be believed then why did President Obama appreciate Pakistan’s cooperation in the operation? Was it out of love for the country?

“But it’s important to note that our counter-terrorism cooperation with Pakistan helped lead us to Bin Laden and the compound where he was hiding,” Mr Obama said.

Whatever the case, Pakistani commanders took heart from President Obama’s and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s statements on the incident.

And the power was out in Pakistan.

edition.cnn.com...

The electricity was out in Abbottabad early Monday, recalled city resident Sohair Athar. This was not an especially unusual occurrence, he said. Nor was the buzz of a helicopter overhead, especially given the abundance of such flights since massive floods ravaged the region

And then you have Pakistan protesting the attack on Osama.

edit on 3-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seems the US did a hit on the guy who owned the house Osama was in. Then found out he was there and instead of telling Paklstan and working with them they decided to raid Pakistan and fight there way to the compound to get this guy. Jamming radar and knocking out the power grid. Shooting down two helicopters and a jet fighter. So why is Pakistan going along and ignoring what the US did? Are we keeping secret that they knew Osama Bin Laden was there and avoiding a out cry to invade Pakistan?
edit on 3-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This whole situation has me really feeling uneasy...

I think we are about to get into it with pakistan, alex jones on ex - ISI chief Hamid Gul... I heard the interview while driving, and they were talking about how a false flag nuke is possible to get USA to war with pakistan... Hope this isnt what is coming, but wow, hope is running on fumes

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillfever

Man they have been uttering those words forever..
Alex Jones doesn't get a new routine does he?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Because they realize that if we had worked with them then Osama would have been tipped off and escaped.

Then bigger questions about them come..
But ultimately they can raise a fit and have those questions asked or they can over look it and accept that we killed someone who deserved to be killed. (Waiting for truthers to flame)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I feel the same way we should have gone in. But im curious about all the things that seem to be left out of the story. What really happened when we did this and who showed up at the party? Did we fight the Pakistani army?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe. Don't forget this:

www.abc.net.au...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I had forgot about that story. This event with Osama Bin Laden seems like it could shine some light on what really happened with the CIA diplomat working for Hillary.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Great thread!

Well if it was me, I wouldn't have informed Pakistan about the raid either because if they somehow knew he was hiding there or were harboring him the information could have leaked and someone could have notified him to give him enough time to escape. Though, if they weren't and we didn't trust them that would certainly bother me if I was Pakistan. But hey, we got him "officially" without hurting any Pakistani civilians this time, so the operation was a success from that point.

Good point about the CIA contractor. Do you think his murdering two people had anything to with our knowledge of Osama's compound?

edit on 3-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Which is the article about Mohammad Nadeem? The link under it doesn't talk about him much, and if you Google him they're a lot of people with that name.
edit on 3-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.dailytimes.com.pk...

Target killing in Karachi claims six more lives

KARACHI: Six people, including two activists of a banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP) and a Kachhi Rabita Council worker, were gunned down in different incidents of target killing in Karachi on Thursday.

Two real brothers, who were also activists of banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP), were shot dead in target killing at Manzoor Colony within the limits of Baloch Colony police station. Kamran and Khalid were sitting at their furniture showroom when unidentified armed men shot them dead.

Seems there was a lot of target killings in Pakistan in recent weeks.Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan is tied to Al Quiada and the Taliban.

www.unhcr.org...

Information on Sepah-e-Sahaba.
A profile from the South Asia Terrorism Portal states:
“Earlier termed Anjuman Sipah-e-Sahaba, the Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan
(SSP) is a Sunni sectarian outfit that has been alleged to be involved in
terrorist violence, primarily targeted against the minority Shia community in
Pakistan” (South Asia Terrorism Portal (undated) Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan,
Terrorist Group of Pakistan).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
www.fm104.ie...

To the locals, however, he was simply a Pashtun businessman with an identity card issued in Charsadda, north of Peshawar. He and his brother seemed to be known by several names: Arshad and Tariq Khan, but also Rasheed, Ahmed and Nadeem. The gas bill was in the name of the elder brother, Arshad Khan, presumed to be the "courier" sought by the Americans. Oddly, the house had four separate gas connections. They kept largely to themselves, coming and going in a small white Suzuki van and a red jeep. But they joined in with neighbourhood rituals, condoling the bereaved, celebrating weddings and births. It may have

This article there talking about the owners of the house. And I noticed one of the names they used was Tariq Khan. Could he bethe same one held at Guantanamo Bay and then released?

detainees.mcclatchydc.com...

Seems the house was raided in 2003?

The house, it turned out, had been on the radar of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for more than eight years. Construction started around 2001. Two years later, when it was still unfinished, ISI agents raided it in search of Abu Faraj al-Libbi, a senior Bin Laden lieutenant, but left empty-handed, an ISI official said.

From the first article.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I'm not really a booster of the CIA but Raymond Davis was a smart man, wasting those two guys. Props to his back-up as well. His decisive action might have kept him from a fate like Daniel Pearl's.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillfever
This whole situation has me really feeling uneasy...

I think we are about to get into it with pakistan, alex jones on ex - ISI chief Hamid Gul... I heard the interview while driving, and they were talking about how a false flag nuke is possible to get USA to war with pakistan... Hope this isnt what is coming, but wow, hope is running on fumes

yep and its going to happen soon man

hint this is related to the UN resolution to recognize Pakistan a Sovereign state and Israel not liking it... they did 9/11 this next one will probably be worst....

top topics

join