It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano Asks 'Who Will Obama Illegally Kill Next

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

Because you are not thinking it out all the way.

All you can see is we killed Osama. Hooya.

You can't seem to see the premise that this has set.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And here we go, with more insane people trying to score political points off of this situation. The "Judge" is a well known right wing tool and if McCain had been elected and OBL was killed in his administration, we would be hearing praises from the heavens regarding this amazing feat. Give me a break, this guy is nothing but a fool and a right wing shill.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't agree with what obama did and I think it was just a pure assassination. He was sick in 2001, 10 years I'm pretty sure he hasn't gotten healthier so he poses no threat to a seals team. And for people who thinks he should of been killed for what he "supposedly" did if I was him I'd rather die then be in a cell for the rest of my life....death is the easy way out

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Also,

The U.S. killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan was lawful under both U.S. domestic law and international law. The U.S. government's legal rationale will be similar to arguments used by both the Bush and Obama administrations to justify drone strikes against other al-Qaeda leaders in Pakistan and elsewhere. The Authorization to Use Military Force Act of September 18, 2001, authorizes the president to use "all necessary and appropriate force" against persons who authorized, planned, or committed the 9/11 attacks.

The killing is not prohibited by the longstanding assassination prohibition in Executive Order 12333 because the action was a military action in the ongoing U.S. armed conflict with al-Qaeda and it is not prohibited to kill specific leaders of an opposing force. The assassination prohibition also does not apply to killings in self-defense. The executive branch will also argue that the action was permissible under international law both as a permissible use of force in the U.S. armed conflict with al-Qaeda and as a legitimate action in self-defense, given that bin Laden was clearly planning additional attacks

source, please read

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It boggles my mind how far out people will go to try and paint Obama in a bad light. I mean, really - if Bush had done it, would Fox have come out and said it was illegal? This whole conversation is absurd.

As others have pointed out, OBL was 100% a legitimate military target. We stormed Afghanistan after 9/11 specifically to find him and take him out. We've been combing through the desert for years looking for him. And who is doing the work? The military. Why? Because he willingly confessed, of his own accord and not under duress, to orchestrating the tragic events of 9/11. The attack was an act of war. He was a legitimate MILITARY TARGET and a clear and direct threat to the safety of the United States. Furthermore, had he been brought back alive, the argument could have easily been made that to try him in New York (where he would have been tried) would have been an unacceptable risk to the citizens of the nation. Thus, it was a kill mission from the get-go.

Make no mistake - this was an act of war in the ongoing "War on Terror" that GWB enacted, and was further ratified by congress shortly after 9/11. As such, kill-missions are completely legal.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by Ghost375
He can grant letters of marque and reprisal. In modern terms, he can kill whomever he wants to. It's in the constitution.

Again, not the same thing.

you need to cite please.

Um yeah it is, it just also includes other things as well.
Did the navy seals have a letter? I don't know, but they probably did to stay in accordance with the law.

This "story" just shows how much of fearmongering liars fox news is. They say Obama might try to kill Castro, or other foreign leaders next. Past presidents actually have tried to kill Castro.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
For the most part on ATS i have not seen the same mirror as you reflect your post,but to the average Dem-Rep's outside of this site i would have to thoroughly agree with you.

Then how about we just shake hands here and part ways.

Originally posted by backinblack
Your posting history doesn't lie..You are by far the most vocal, unyielding Obama supporter I have come across..

Then you must not have read my posts because there is a big difference between cheering Obama on and thinking the birther argument you present is absurd at best.

I totally disagree..
Myself and many others were against ALL of the above..
I think you are mistaken to think otherwise..

I am fairly certain I did not say EVERYONE ON THE PLANET so if you and a few of your friends do not fit, GOOD FOR YA.

I have seen the posts all over ATS from certain memebers that feel anything we or Bush did in the ME was SUPER!!!!! Tortrure, imprison, murder, no trials. YEAH GO BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Know what I do NOT SEE? I see no posts from any of these people saying it was all bad over there. Even Napalitano has been a huge fan of the BUSH war over there and suddenly he cares about the constitution? Where was he on all those dead civilians? Invading Iraq? Tossing anyone in gitmo you like? Where were you on that?

Where were the cries from the right saying "Obama, please do not go kill Osama!!"

Where was all that?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I've addressed the differences.

Now stop accusing me of supporting the killing of Americans citizens.

Of which Osama is NOT one.

Osama is, on the other hand, an enemy combatant.

None of this means I support the idea of declaring any US citizen as an enemy combatant.
Anwar Al-Awlaki is the man, a US citizen, that would make it illegal for the US to use military force against. I believe, since this man could definitely be found guilty of providing material support to terrorist organizations, that he should be in a court of law.

Osama bin Laden does not share these circumstances and never did. So why don't you explain the "precedent" you think this creates?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

He can grant letters of marque and reprisal. In modern terms, he can kill whomever he wants to. It's in the constitution.

Again, not the same thing.

you need to cite please.

Um yeah it is, it just also includes other things as well.
Did the navy seals have a letter? I don't know, but they probably did to stay in accordance with the law.

This "story" just shows how much of fearmongering liars fox news is. They say Obama might try to kill Castro, or other foreign leaders next. Past presidents actually have tried to kill Castro.

Oh my god...

Please go read what a Letter of marque and reprisal is. it's history, court cases related to it, and how it's been used in the past.

It's not an assassination decree.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Let's clear something up about the Judge here:

Not exactly a right wing shill.

Not a valid argument.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
hey you know Im not one of those two faced sorts but I've been worng before so maybe all these people that were on team Obama are the same. (heck i was too when he started he sounded so good change and being black heck I thought it was going to rebrand America) However now his actions have shown hes even dirtier than Bush...
So you cant really get mad at people for switching sides its not like most of them didnt want Obama to be all that.

I think maybe you missunderstood. Turning from Team Obama to be against Obama is a totally different thing. I am refering to the people that have spent the better part of a decade on "Team torture, kidnap, and kill people from a sovereign nation" only to last week jump off and suddenly get on "Team Osama has rights and killing him in Pakistan was bad!!!"

I highly doubt any of these people were ever on Team Obama. That is not at all what I am addressing. The nice FOX News judge has been right up Bush's behind all this time defending any illegal war crime he comitted but this same judge is suddenly all worried about Osama Bin Laden's rights? I have a real hard time buying it. If I did not watch FOX regularly already, it would not stand out so I am confusde about his fans here.

I

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Damn right. He is a STRICT Constitutionalist.

Loads better than being left, right, or neutral.

If you say so. I have seen more than enough over the last decade to have a different opinion. He seemed to have some trouble making out parts of that constitution when Bush was president.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254
I don't agree with what obama did and I think it was just a pure assassination. He was sick in 2001, 10 years I'm pretty sure he hasn't gotten healthier so he poses no threat to a seals team. And for people who thinks he should of been killed for what he "supposedly" did if I was him I'd rather die then be in a cell for the rest of my life....death is the easy way out

Poor poor ol' Osama Bin Laden.
All those blood thirsty liberals just went and shot this poor man in cold blood and he had been sick for years?
Sorry to hear about your patient. He actually sent some nasty letters to us a few years ago telling us how he wanted to kill us all. Perhaps he was missunderstood.

I am so glad to see that hate for Obama has gone so far over the edge that it turned into sympathy for Osama Bin Laden.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Indeed.

The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut through it with a knife.

Edit:

And this is coming from one of the guys who disagrees with Obama on nearly everything.
edit on 4-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Damn right. He is a STRICT Constitutionalist.

Loads better than being left, right, or neutral.

If you say so. I have seen more than enough over the last decade to have a different opinion. He seemed to have some trouble making out parts of that constitution when Bush was president.

you seriously saying he went easy on Bush so what implying hes just an Obama hater...
Sorry bad day to be an Obama supporter I got news so bad & damning I don't even want to post it... I know you support them hon but yo deserve better.
anyways heres the link if you want to look at it its translated not available in english print yet I dont think. uk.babelfish.yahoo.com... TrUrl=Translate

edit: Like I said found it this morning and if true its further proof that criminals are controlling america)
Obama is a liar and a now a war criminal just like bush and the USA is a fascist regime pretending to be a republic.

peace

edit on 4-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

lol at the ra ra ra we got the 9/11 guy when the guys who really did it are the ones running your gov

edit on 4-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

Indeed.

The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut through it with a knife.

Edit:

And this is coming from one of the guys who disagrees with Obama on nearly everything.

Same thing with me....i never agree with Obama...'cept on this issue.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Yeah, not all of us believe the BS posted in the 9/11 forums ok?

I have other reasons, based on a solid foundation, for questioning certain aspects of how the government handled 9/11.

I don't believe president Bush ordered 9/11. Or that no planes were flown and it was laser beams or whatever you people are going on about these days.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

The Authorization to Use Military Force Act of September 18, 2001, authorizes the president to use "all necessary and appropriate force" against persons who authorized, planned, or committed the 9/11 attacks.

so an act passed here in the U.S. is binding around the world?

boy I am glad some other country doesn't pass an act in their country saying it is okay to come here and shoot someone that is unarmed

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

This was inacted in Bushes Administration. But i didnt hear people bitching about it at the time. At the time i remember we wanted those responsible for it, at all cost.

I also still do not hear anyone bitching that it was Bush that put this into play, But Obama using the power that the Bush admin granted the potus...oh man what a horrible thing.....

get real people.. a bad man, who killed thousands of world citizens is dead...ask the family members of those who lost loved ones because of OBL if they are sad he is dead. I will guarentee they are not shedding a tear.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by UcDat

Yeah, not all of us believe the BS posted in the 9/11 forums ok?

I have other reasons, based on a solid foundation, for questioning certain aspects of how the government handled 9/11.

I don't believe president Bush ordered 9/11. Or that no planes were flown and it was laser beams or whatever you people are going on about these days.

cant say anything about how they did it but it was controlled demolition and an inside job
but even if it wasnt after all the proven lies how can you trust them on this? they cant even get their stories striaght or give us any proof that he's even dead...
but hey ra ra ra America the liars in charge say they killed osama ra ra ra now they'll bring the troops home cancel the tsa resend the patriot act and stop rapping you all for the big corporations that call the shots...
Not gonna happen suckers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join