It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bin laden be remembered in a similar manner as Che Guevara?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know there are differences between their methods, but they both had a bit of support from their native lands. Che Guevara for example did not outright kill civilians, but there IS the controversy behind his execution of prisoners. Osama bin laden outright planned the murders of over 2000 civilians (supposedly) and in their respective lands i'm sure they are seen as freedom fighters by a sizeable quantity of people.

So will this be another case of a "freedom fighter" executed by the US of A? Will we see Binnies face plastered on T-Shirts?
edit on 3-5-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

another bin laden thread?!?!?!?!?!?! you can't be serious!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb12d3f87d81.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Of course! They are already marketing his face like Che Guevara! Its going to be a boon for the t-shirt makers for sure!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Che wasnt executed by the usa he was killed by a bolivian sgt..I dont think he will be portrayed as a freedom fighter like che because osama wasnt fighting for his people like che was..osama just fought for his hatred of america..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah just don't wear those t-shirts anywhere near NYC.

In fact I don't recall Che Guevara mass murdering people the way Osama Bin Laden did. I see a HUGE difference between the two. One was a marxist revolutionary the other was psychotic.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

Che wasnt executed by the usa he was killed by a bolivian sgt..

No you got it wrong. Che was executed by David Sanchez Morales who was a CIA operative, He even wore Che's watch as trophy after the execution.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Just like any other day on this forum. One day it's obama's birth certificate that's the rage. Another it's Wikileaks. Another it's McCain. Another it's [insert recent news].

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisgust

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

Che wasnt executed by the usa he was killed by a bolivian sgt..

No you got it wrong. Che was executed by David Sanchez Morales who was a CIA operative, He even wore Che's watch as trophy after the execution.
no youre wrong he was a CIA TRAINED bolivian sgt.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
One was a marxist revolutionary the other was psychotic.

re OBL t-shirts...even kids in Africa were wearing OBL t-s as far back as 2003, and OBL t's were also in other places such as Arabia or Pakistan. For the disaffected citizens wearing those shirts, OBL would not be the one to lead them to a better world, as Africa's uprisings would be started by citizens uniting together. And Pakistan's hope for a better world would not come from OBL either, but their hope rests on a growing middle class.

new topics

top topics

join