It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening ~ It IS REAL!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Wonderful! Thank you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Haha, yeh!
I have found that if I meditate, I can actually kinda hear the buzzing again.... guess I should actually sit down and do it. lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
What do you read? or have you studied? I would like to read about your philosophy, where you have found your knowledge?

Self-Discipline is a good way to start. Start whipping yourself into shape so to speak. Don't let that inner asshole let you smoke, drink alcohol etc. It's a form of fighting desire.

Also meditation is a good thing to take up.

I myself am interested in buddhist philosophy, the other guy is talking about Taoism.

Either way, it's all the same in the end. Different religions or beliefs, but when in reality everybody is just trying to get to where the suffering ends.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Conscious because: grammar

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatle

What should we be doing? The answer is so simple. The little voice in the back of your head, Listen to it.

This isn't funny at all but mine often tells me to kill myself. Should I do that?

i think that is the other voice. the ego/outer body/mind is our collective judmental reality while the inner voice/ inner body/ inner child is a much different voice located in our hearts. if you ask people in south america where there conciousness is located they will point to ther hearts but if you ask an american they will point to there heads (and probably call you dumb for reason) but it ultimatly comes down to dont do anything that doesnt make you happy if you dont need to. scuicide is an easy opt out even if you are unhappy with life your #ing alive! live it up. your mind is very powerful dont feed it negitivity or you will become negitive in nature love life, try to love whats in it, and be happy its all mental...untill you kill the ego then its all perfect.
idk life is precious lots of time would be wasted if you leave now there is an immediate need for positivity so be that proponent if you arent happy with where your life is now then get happy about it. If you cant change it change the way you think about it -mother teressa

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What do you read? or have you studied? I would like to read about your philosophy, where you have found your knowledge?

I must preface this with my path and understanding is not necessarily your own.

I don't put any particular limits on what I read or study. I find I can in general get something from virtually everything, even if it's not what the original intent of the author or work was. Not always on a first read... and sometimes not for a long time. Then one day I'll come across something that will remind me of something I read or experienced long ago and when I go back to it I gain a completely new understanding that adds another piece to the puzzle.

There are so many threads through my life that have lead to where I am now, that at the time were seemingly unrelated but I can now look back on and clearly see I was going through that experience for a reason... though whether that reason would benefit me or not was always still up to me paying attention and being open to thinking about it rather than ignoring the potential understanding to be gained.

The first time I read the Tao Te Ching it didn't make much sense to me. I was at the peak of my hardcore atheism... when Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennet, etc were the peak of my teachers, and I was feeling very superior going around proving the irrationality of religious people. I don't even know why I read it... or at that time tried to read it.

Eventually I came across Tao Te Ching Decoded and his way of digging into the teachings in the Tao made a ton of sense with me. I was coming to the understanding of the universe being a hologram from science readings, as well as the ultimate illusion nature of time. He was combining what I was coming to understand in science... to a philosophy that made a lot of sense in this context... and didn't rely on what I still feel are the childish hand wavings of organized religion.

Before all of this though, I had broken through the veil of seeing how money and government are ultimately control mechanisms based on a ton of reading of history. I got interested in trying to understand periods from the past in ways that seemed to have been glossed over in my formal teaching in school. This led to an understanding that the world is *not* what it seems, but the depth of this I was completely unaware of at the time.

Eventually this lead into things like The Underground History of American Education, The Creature from Jekyll Isle (about the Federal Reserve... I actually read this almost a decade ago and was one of the initial true wake up calls for myself), and a whole host of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Once I had finally reached a "Ok... just *WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?*" point... I was open to a great deal more. I have always been good at just trusting my gut, so often most of my discoveries for helpful things to read come about by just following my interests to their fullest expressions. The biggest challenge was overcoming the fear of reading something "forbidden". Either socially (Mein Kampf, or Communist Manifesto)... or within my own biases... such as the writings of theologians who had thought deeply on religion in a way that is unheard of in modern American protestantism.

So to come back to the Tao... it was when I read the stuff by Matsumoto and started to think there is something substantial here, that the world of mythology, ancient teachings from all around the world (especially the esoteric Christian teachings and eastern/hindu and native American teachings), and things like the Hidden Hand Interview combined with the Law of One I linked earlier started to take a real color and vibrancy for me. From there I can't possibly keep track of all the threads I am able to pull from to gain understandings. My girlfriend actually rolls her eyes at me because I can take virtually any TV show or movie and come up with a metaphysical teaching from it, haha.

I should also add that early in my self-education (when I started learning about Roman history, etc) I also started stumbling across things about the Illuminati... and went through *multiple* stages of being enthralled with the idea that it might be real, to terrified I might get in trouble, to losing interest and going back to the hum drum day to day life, to stumbling across something that triggered a memory of something I had read again and starting the cycle all over again.

All of these threads (along with life things like relationships, a severe car wreck, troubles and successes in health and career) are almost mind boggling for me to see in hindsight... it looks like such a beautifully written orchestra leading to today and the opportunity to have a conversation with you (which will lead to the next note in the song of my... and your... and our... lives).

I hope some of this is of interest to you. Also others in this thread have offered a lot of great perspectives as well.

Thank you again for the opportunity to share our experiences together. I wish you the best.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

There is a lot of awakening going on. Some awake every day at dawn to go to work. A few awake to love and light of their religion. Others wake up to the banks and governments shafting the people. But sometimes a Human Being will awake and find their own soul and realize it was not missing just forgotten about.

Welcome to the war. Spread the light and the love where ever it is needed but never where is not wanted. Peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Some other books that have been of significant interest to me:

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
The Master and His Emissary
The User Illusion
Biocentrism

Pretty much all the classic and romantic philosophers in light to moderate doses.

Shakespeare with an eye towards the bigger picture being communicated.

The Gospel of Thomas and other books removed from the Bible... as well as reading the Bible and other ancient texts with the understanding of metaphor being used to communicate the core idea you provided in the OP... as well as understanding that they have been manipulated to create a viewpoint that allows for easy control (taking the divine out of each individual and putting it "outside" the self... making it seem like Jesus was saying he is the only son of God/Infinity/Tao... instead of *A* son... and that we are all also).

Bill Hicks It's Just a Ride sketch.

Virtually all forms of art with an eye towards the collective subconscious being brought forth.

I found this thread on ATS to be an interesting exploration. (There are actually many on ATS where people send out their understandings to be discussed... all different but generally sharing a very common core)

Virtually all science (both historical and current) with an eye towards the understanding that there is no such thing as matter, space, or time in actuality... and thus the implications of these when combined with quantum mechanics. Hard core materialists... of which I was once one... will try to convince you that the implications of QM are being mis-applied. Just spend some time digging into science history to see what was the prevailing worldview before a major discovery or understanding was had... how it was treated at first... and how we think about it now... then remember that we are certainly making similar mistakes. The Biocentrism book listed above is one of the pure science based attempts to follow the implications of QM into the next stage of understanding.

Meditation. Not necessarily sitting there in silence with your legs crossed. But in whatever form of internal introspection works for you.

Anything that just makes me excited, intrigued, afraid, confused, angry, etc. Depending on my emotional reaction I try to understand why I have had that reaction and break through it. Especially the fear and anger ones. Without fail if I'm angry at something... it's due to something within myself that benefits from adjusting rather than blaming the thing that made me angry. A person who is confident in their understandings of the game that is afoot in our experience in this time and place no longer feels anger or fear from that which they disagree with because they understand the purpose of the different perspectives being offered finally.

The list goes on. Mostly just following your heart/gut and not the nay-saying voices of others.

All this said... your initial post pretty much hits the nail on the head of my core understandings as well... so really I'm just offering icing to your already very tasty cake.

Thank you.

Namaste!
edit on 4-5-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to give us so much information, I feel like You and I have a very similar mindset, it is very refreshing to here someone else speaking in the same general way I have been thinking. I am very excited to start studying the books and info that you have shared, I will get back to you after some research, I look forward to bouncing thoughts and philosophies off you.

Thankyou again
~ Peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Thank you too! I look forward to it. I learn in the course of discussion as well, so it's always nice to find a kindred mind.

Namsate.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Interesting you mention Bill Hicks, I was watching him when I found enlightenment. I wish you lived close to me, id love a chance to meet you in person. How long have you been awakened for?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So long... and thanks for all the fish!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Intel just announced new 22nm 3d architecture. Drone technology is being seriously hyped and used in the real world. Interstellar payload on Endeavour. Sony hacked by Anonymous. Changeover from analog TV to digital TV broadcasting. Smart phones are smarter than we are. Google is helping convert people from analog to digital.

It appears that artificial intelligence will come next. This is what awakening means to me. And then the robots will try to kill us. But we will fight them because we have the human spirit.

There is not much that can prevent this from happening. Only a series of natural or man-made disasters could cripple the system before it gives birth to AI. Perhaps there is time left to decide.

But not too much time. The Awakening is REAL!
edit on 5/5/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i believe it is inevitable, the awakening is occurring on large scales and that's the good news ...

The bad news is that not everyone is paying attention to what they are told by their heart, mind and Higher Self.

Sometimes people do not want the red pill

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

I totally agree, My girlfriend doesn't really want to see it, or she cant, i dont know which. But the society that we have grown up in constantly denies and squashes the inner voice. We have been taught to avoid and ignore it. No one but themselves can change a lifetime of programming.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slaytanic
And then one day you will die, and all your happy thoughts and warm fuzzies die with you. Soon, all of your living relatives are dead. A generation or two passes, and there are none living that remember you or your name, its as if you never existed.

Jeez - I bet you're great at parties

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

lolz! sorry... your sentence in response was absoluty hilarious, thaanks for the sane laugh

To the other guy... dont think that way bro, its depressive and surely it make feel you sad, c´mon UP UP as my good bro Brian says!

All my love guys

Peace

ps. smile!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The Awakening is REAL. Lot's of people are already here in the NOW.

It's only a matter of time before everyone gets the message.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
Interesting you mention Bill Hicks, I was watching him when I found enlightenment. I wish you lived close to me, id love a chance to meet you in person. How long have you been awakened for?

Bill Hicks and Alan Watts are the two #1 guys I send people's way who are still deeply asleep but might be ready to start considering a different way of looking at the world. They are both very amusing/entertaining, but once something they say clicks and you see the deeper point and more importantly reach the "OH crap! That's what they... wait... they *really* mean it! And I believe them!" point... there is no turning back.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd consider myself awake so much as lucid with a whole bunch of head knowledge trying to work its way down to the heart, heh.

Looking back it's been a smooth gradient all the way back to around puberty when I started to realize I was definitely different from most. Then about 10 years ago when I broke through the money/government veil. It's been about 2 years now where every day I've been consciously working on myself with relatively full awareness of the bigger picture of Oneness and what that means to the experience we are having "now".

How about you?

BTW, I'm in central Texas so if you are anywhere nearby or might be, feel free to send me a message. It's hard to find people to have face to face conversations about this stuff where their eyes don't glaze over, haha.

Namaste and enjoy the ride.

Originally posted by pitchdragon
So long... and thanks for all the fish!

Haha... I hope you enjoyed the relevance when I provided the links.

Namaste!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Hi Ergo,
If you like Alan Watts, (i do i think he is great to listen to) here are some more people you might like:
youtu.be... Tony Parsons.
youtu.be... Peter Brown.
youtu.be... Mooji.
Have you heard of Non-duality? It is also called Advaita Vedanta. Here is a little video that tries to explain it.
youtu.be...
edit on 7-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Slaytanic

Not a believer in the multiverse, I see. If you die violently or before YOUR right time, you'll be teleported to a parallel dimension and continue from where you left off. No memory of death but will be mourned in your exparallel reality. The final death (natural old age or enlightenment time death) may be linked to the Tibetan and/or Egyptian book of the dead. Time-space vortex does play a central part. I had this revelation on march this year. The awakening is coming to us all one way or another. The meaning of life: experience consciousness and reach happiness without making others unhappy. :-)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join