It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severly Dry Eyes? Has anyone else been experiencing this lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Since Christmas 2010, so basically the beginning of 2011, my eyes get so dry it seems like the only thing that will appease the pain is lying in a hot bath head submerged, eyes wide open. Its not just that my eyes get dry, they burn like fire. Then the sand starts. It stops up my entire sinus system (Ears, nose, and Throat). It scabs over my tear ducts and jams up my whole system until the pressure builds up and everything seems to leak and drain at the same time. I live in an arid climate, so I just assumed it was the dry air. I do not suffer from allergies or I have not in the past 31 years of my life. I just suffer in silence, but lately, I have noticed everyone seems to be suffering from it here in Colorado. It has not been dry here lately.. The humidity has been up for the past month due to all the rain that has been falling.

My boyfriend said his entire office complained that their eyes were burning today. My mother, my brother, and a lady at the grocery store all complained of severely dry eyes. I am not sure if its "chemtrails" or the fact lately everyone has been glued to some kind of lite screen, (aka computer, cell phone, plasma tv's, ect...) It does not matter if I have 12 hours of sleep or 4 hours of sleep. It seems to just remain the same. I have tried steam, eye drops, different eye drops, and medication. I do not know what else to do, and I wanted to see if its the same in other places...

I hope everyone's eyes are nice and moist, but lately everything seems to be connected.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No, but I have a dodgy case of diarrhea from some questionable Taco Bell meat.
Nothing a little homemade red wine and half a block of cheese wont fix though.

You might want to try a pair of these:

I don't know if they will help, but you will look awesome!

edit on 5/3/2011 by Sparky63 because: fixed link
extra DIV

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

You should go talk to a eye doctor. You might have rubbed your eyes and got it infected.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

lol with that curly pic too lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Those are some nice shades! I have no idea whats wrong.. But it just seems that more people around us are complaining as well. I dunno..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

I wear contacts so my eyes never get dry. Maybe if you use a humidifier at home and at work it might ease your discomfort.Not getting enough sleep can also cause this I think.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My eyes are extremely dry also. I went to the eye doc about 8 months ago and he was curious to why they were "extremely dry" He seemed puzzled. He told me to get lubricant eye drops and also (for the sandy stuff) get eye wipes and use before bed and in morning. He never told me what was wrong or why are my eyes so dry. Personally, I think chemtrails have a lot to do with it. They are constantly spraying stuff in the air around here.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey everyone sometimes shampoo will cause this. My eyes get bloodshot and dry after a shower.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

That's probably from the chlorine in the water.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Look into aspartame poisoning...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by alaskan
I started chewing trident gum not long ago. I usually keep my gum between my bottom teeth/tongue.

I went a period of a week or so where my eyes were just killing me. Felt like they were drying up/scratched and I'd aggravate it/tear up just thinking about it.

Then I remembered something I heard alex jones and others say, about how aspartame will get into your bloodstream very easily from the point under your tongue, similar to the nitro capsules heart patients would use under their tongues to quickly get it into their systems...

So I grew suspicious and looked up "aspartame side effect eyes" and most of what I read described my symptoms exactly, and it could've gotten much much worse for me.

So I stopped chewing the gum, and my eyes stopped hurting within a week or so, and are still good now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Quite the contrary. Since the New Year my eyes have been excessively watery.
It's called "allergies".
I'll live.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You can develop allergies at any time in your life. The best thing I find for my dry and burning eyes is zaditor, but when taking it, you should take it for 2 weeks straigh as it is an antihistamin. Don't stop prior, even if your eyes feel better after a few days.
edit on 4-5-2011 by tk2dsky because: typo

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that I also get a bad headache above the eye that is hurting and also in bottom of head in back on the same side. It will be what I call a severe headache and in couple days, it changes sides. Every once in awhile it is above both eyes!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
my mom has this problem too. she complains about it all the time
she describe it as sharp pains with burning sensation i believe
from what i researched, it might be a menopause symptom. she has used all kinds of eye drops including prescription ones and it did nothing for her. it does relief her pain for a few minutes maybe. she decided to stop using the eye drops because she was informed that she would become dependent on it.

i dont know about chemtrails since we live in the same place and i dont have this condition
if anyone know of any cures please let me know!

new topics

top topics

join